Fantasy Football PLAYOFFS?!?!

3,129 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For most leagues, I believe that this is the last week of the regular season and playoffs begin next week. Where do you stand in your league and what do you need to make it into the playoffs?

Fortunately my two teams are both in with a 7-5 record...both looking like the three seed with the potential to move up or down a spot depending on what happens this weekend.
AgEng06
AG
8-4, playing for seeding this week. With a win I'll be the 3 seed, with a loss I'll be the 4 seed.
hurleyag
AG
We actually start this week. Finished 2nd
Saint Pablo
hurleyag said:

We actually start this week. Finished 2nd
How does y'all's set up? Two weeks and no games week 17?
hurleyag
AG
Top 6 make Playoffs with 1&2 getting byes. 3 rounds. Tends to help with teams resting players.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In as the 3rd seed. Our playoffs started last week... which was moronic since I had to bench Gurley due to bye.

1st Round (weeks 12&13)
2nd Round (weeks 14&15)
Championship (weeks 16&17)
BenFiasco14
AG
Currently in 3rd place out of 12, top 6 go to playoffs. If I win this week will remain a 3 seed, otherwise slip to 4.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
theSCHW4B
AG
Fantasy Football playoffs should strictly be Weeks 13-16. 12 regular season weeks ensures that every player has had their bye already. Any league that plays Week 17 should change that immediately. So stupid to have the champion and money be decided based on teams resting their star players.
Saint Pablo
theSCHW4B said:

Fantasy Football playoffs should strictly be Weeks 13-16. 12 regular season weeks ensures that every player has had their bye already. Any league that plays Week 17 should change that immediately. So stupid to have the champion and money be decided based on teams resting their star players.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
theSCHW4B said:

Yep.

I joined this league last minute since they needed a 10th. Had no idea about the Week 12 playoff start and the week 17 championship game.
oh no
AG
9-3, in third place of 12 behind two teams that are 10-2, but i've scored the most points. clinched playoffs. looking to strengthen the squad for the playoff run - hoarding a couple of D/STs that have great matchups in weeks 14-15-16.

investorAg83
AG
Tied for first in our division at 6-6 and we play each other this week. Couldn't have scripted it any better.
OCEN99
AG
It's looking like I'll be caught up in a 6-way tie for the last 2 playoff spots. We're using head-to-head record as the tiebreaker, so I'm not sure how that will shake out after next week.
Carlo4
AG
5-7. #6 seed of 6 in the playoffs. I think I'm locked in because of tie breaker rules being points scored (even if i lose this week).

Third most points in the league. Most points scored against by an average of 10 points per week... with a 22 point margin between me and the one with fewest points against. I'm due for some low scores and steal a championship.

JABQ04
AG
11-1. This is our last regular season week then playoffs. Only loss was week 1.
Saint Pablo
OCEN99 said:

It's looking like I'll be caught up in a 6-way tie for the last 2 playoff spots. We're using head-to-head record as the tiebreaker, so I'm not sure how that will shake out after next week.
Head to head sucks for a tiebreaker IMO. PF is a much better way to go.
investorAg83
AG
investorAg83 said:

Tied for first in our division at 6-6 and we play each other this week. Couldn't have scripted it any better.

I'm looking pretty good after my opponent threw up a whopping 11 points with Brees and Michael Thomas.
Hey...so.. um
1st right now. Playoffs start week 15. Top 4 make it. I'm 11-1 and on pace to break the record for moat points in a season in our league. I think we are in year 14.

Mahomes
Juju
Ridley
D johnson
Mccaffery
Cohen
Kelce
OCEN99
AG
Saint Pablo said:

OCEN99 said:

Head to head sucks for a tiebreaker IMO. PF is a much better way to go.
I agree, I'm 2nd in the league in PF. I just also had the 3rd worst PA.
ApachePilot
AG
8-4 and playing for 1-2 seed. Locked in at 3 seed at worst.
Enviroag02
AG
I'm in a pretty competitive league. I'm 7-5 in a 10 team league in which 6 teams make the playoffs. If I win this week I get the #2 seed and a Week 14 bye. Lose this week and I get the last playoff spot.
ac04
not counting the dynasty that is a rebuild, i'm going to the playoffs in 5/6 leagues with at least 3 first round byes. not too shabby.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Currently 10-2 and clinched a birth at 9-2. I have the holy trifecta of Chiefs (Mahomes, Hill, Hunt) as well as McCaffery, Diggs, Kittle, and a few others.

Was really glad to see the Rams beat KC last week as I thought KC might start benching their guys. I currently have the points lead in the league too just hoping my team can hold on 2 more weeks after this week.
Enviroag02
AG
I will be the only team in our playoffs without a single skill player from the Rams, Saints, or Chiefs.
oh no
AG
Enviroag02 said:

I will be the only team in our playoffs without a single skill player from the Rams, Saints, or Chiefs.
Saquan or McCaffrey owner?
investorAg83
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Currently 10-2 and clinched a birth at 9-2. I have the holy trifecta of Chiefs (Mahomes, Hill, Hunt) as well as McCaffery, Diggs, Kittle, and a few others.

Was really glad to see the Rams beat KC last week as I thought KC might start benching their guys. I currently have the points lead in the league too just hoping my team can hold on 2 more weeks after this week.

Another reason to like the Saints loss last night...Rams will still be fighting for home field the rest of the year.
Enviroag02
AG
oh no said:

Enviroag02 said:

Saquan or McCaffrey owner?
neither of those either, nor Melvin Gordon, nor James Connor, nor Thielen. Team is:

Big Ben, AB, Boyd, Josh Gordon, DJ Moore, Mixon, Dalvin Cook, Lat. Murray, Chubb, Mack, K. Johnson, Kittle

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
investorAg83 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Another reason to like the Saints loss last night...Rams will still be fighting for home field the rest of the year.

Freakin jinxed myself now w the Hunt news today
MooreTrucker
AG
This is our last week and I'm solidly in the #1 spot at 10-2.

We use ESPN, so our playoffs cross over two weeks per round and use the total of both weeks.
Enviroag02
AG
I now have a Chief. Got Ware off waivers right when the news broke and now Hunt is on the exempt list. I now have 7 RBs. Gonna drop Latavius Murray though.
ac04
MooreTrucker said:

We use ESPN, so our playoffs cross over two weeks per round and use the total of both weeks.
that is not a default ESPN setting
MooreTrucker
AG
ac04 said:

MooreTrucker said:

that is not a default ESPN setting
It's not?!?!? I hate that part so I need to go punch our commish.
mAgnoliAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Our playoffs are the same way, but we start this week and don't play week 17. The guy I'm playing has Kareem hunt, but he picked up ware on Wednesday before the news broke. He knows nothing about football. It makes no sense. He went 10-2 and then picks ware up before the news breaks.

I went 6-6 and 3 seed in the league.
OCEN99
AG
We ended up with a 3-way tie for the last seed, and I just barely snuck in.
investorAg83
AG
Expected to wake up in the playoffs in one league. There was a 4 way record tie for the last 3 spots and I'm the odd man out. One of the teams that got in won their week 59-55...pretty low for our league.

The other owner (already in as the 2 seed) had an empty rb spot, an empty flex, and gurley on the bench. Other guy wins by 4 and gets the last spot.

Collusion like a MF'er!!!

Edit to add text from the sandbagging owner: 'Yeah...I didn't want to have to play your team in the playoffs'

We'd have been matched up and my team is STACKED as the season has progressed.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.