Say great things about the NFL

2,494 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by W
merc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It allows me to know which people to avoid. I'm going to generalize here but the NFL fan base is the absolute dregs of sports fandom.
Stumpknocker
cecil77 said:

TheWoodsAg said:

Stumpknocker said:

Some statistics for you - 68 % of the players are black. 78% of the players are either bankrupt or under severe financial stress 2 years after retirement.

I'll bet their agents and owners ain't bankrupt!

How is this not considered a form of slavery?

They work with remuneration and they're free to leave and pursue other endeavors whenever they want.

Therefore, not slavery.

...and, the implication that it is slavery is racist, because the implicit assumption is that the players are under financial stress because they are black.
I wasn't implying it is or isn't a form of slavery just pointing out some stats. If anything they are slaves to their homies & family members who mooch and their own financial ignorance (which is not limited to NFL players) ie, more than half of baby boomers don't have a pot to pi$$ in when it comes to retirement. What a shame.
Ag1985
gigemtrev said:

If you don't watch the NFL you just missed the greatest game of football ever played this past Monday night.
This wasn't much different than a typical Big 12 game. I pretty much saw the same thing last weekend in OSU vs. West Virginia.
BigOil
AG
I still enjoy the nfl. You can choose to not look at everything through a political lens.
CashMoneyYo
Spread sheet updated.....
dave94
AG
NathanChristie said:

It's becoming more of a medium of petty politics.

I can't think of a single game I've watched this season that made me think "damn, that was so political". I don't understand this reasoning, what do you think is happening at games?!?
Synopsis
Aggie said:

Used to love NFL

To many political opinionated players now
Too many Michael Bennett's
Too many Cam Newton's
Not enough Drew Brees

Don't watch NFl anymore

Agree. And Drew Brees a class act.
Hamburger Dan
I don't equate politics with anything other than politics. I just got tired of watching Sunday football after watching 5 or more games on Saturday. I did watch the record setting MNF game. I do enjoy that style of football.
Phil Rirruto
Second best organized American football league
ac04
this thread sucks so aggressively that it had to have been moved here from forum 16
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's odd that so many people that hate and don't watch the NFL decided to come over to the NFL board.
Frok
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

I haven't watched a complete NFL game since Bush was in the White House and Kaepernick and your namesake locked it down for life.

I bet this guy is lying.
Cappo
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

It's odd that so many people that hate and don't watch the NFL decided to come over to the NFL board.
Beat me to it
W
AG
what's funny is how the NFL cannot get out of its own way.

generate a lot of excitement and interest with the Chiefs-Rams game...then just 11 days later...star player assaulting a woman on video...lead story on FOX and CNN
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.