nfl scheduling question - afternoon games

1,207 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 752bro4
bjh19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had always wondered why some central and east time zone teams get a 3:05/3:25 kick times and some never do. I assume ratings but for example Tampa Bay has a had a home game at 3:05 from time to time but to my knowledge Houston has never had an afternoon game at home. I wouldn't think Tampa bay is a big ratings draw. Always wondered what qualifies that game as most are for west coast teams.
ac
Yes, west coast games are a factor. But the other one is the TV networks showing the games that they think can draw the highest ratings on a national level. Usually this means the better matchups involving teams with national followings (Cowboys, Packers, Steelers) or from large TV markets like the Giants or Jets. Even with a winning team, the Texans don't draw viewers on a national level and don't get chosen for the late afternoon time slot very often. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but that's the way it is.
Roger Goodell
Feel free to email us if you have questions regarding why we schedule certain teams at certain times.
Matsui
AG
Tampa has notoriously bad thunder storms early so they push them to 430 eastern kicks to avoid this more.

Unless you are a marquee cbs or fox game in the Midwest or east, you are starting at 1 pm est. then everyone Colorado and west start at 4 pmish est.
Harry Stamper
Roger Goodell said:

Feel free to email us if you have questions regarding why we schedule certain teams at certain times.

Just a dumb schtick u got going here. Are u 15 years old? Or maybe 16?
investorAg83
AG
Harry Stamper said:

Roger Goodell said:

Of all the nonsense and dumb ass posts I see on this site, I thought this was actually funny.
expresswrittenconsent
investorAg83 said:

Harry Stamper said:

Roger Goodell said:

Of all the nonsense and dumb ass posts I see on this site, I thought this was actually funny.

It's not terrible but I think if you are going to the trouble to register multiple sock usernames with a celebrity gimmick name the post should actually be funny. The flip side of course is that if the troll is so silly that it makes some rando drop in and insult them then I have to give it a blue star.
BMX Bandit
Matsui said:

Tampa has notoriously bad thunder storms early so they push them to 430 eastern kicks to avoid this more.

If the thunderstorms were an issue for the league, why are vast majority of the TB home games set at 1 eastern?
752bro4
AG
Harry Stamper said:

Roger Goodell said:

Teenagers are more likely to type "u" instead of "you" than to post on college-based forums.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.