3 RB strategy - keeper league

555 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Farmer1906
Amos Burton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Context: I'm in a 12-team, 1pt PPR w/ standard scoring, keeper league where I'm drafting 11th and 14th overall and I already kept Kareem Hunt in a low round spot. If the draft plays out as I think it will, I'm looking at two scenarios

A) May be able to grab two of Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, and Leonard Fournette (giving me 3 RBs)

or

B) I'd get just one of the three RBs above (plus Hunt) and likely either Keenan Allen or Davante Adams.

I like the draft spot I'm in with Hunt as a keeper since I'll have three upper tier players. Thoughts on taking a 3-RB approach? I'm leaning towards it since I feel like I can still get a good WR at the Rd 3/Rd 4 turn and there is a decent amount of WR value deeper also. What say you?
Red Rover
AG
Id say take one of yhose RB and then whoever you think will score the most points. If you project them as equals I'd take the Wr. Later on you can fill a flex spot with a RB or WR that falls and/or take upside guys versus being forced to fill a WR1 spot. That might push you to readh a bit.
ac04
get as many of the top ~15 RBs as you can
DuckDown2013
AG
I disagree with red rover. WR is way deep this year. Grab as many top tier rbs as you can.
Farmer1906
AG
Backs get hurt at a very high clip compared to WRs. Its easier to find more backs. Get elite WRs first.
JayAggie
AG
I tried that strategy last year and it was an epic fail for me. I'm going for a more balanced and best available strategy this year.
Farmer1906
AG
JayAggie said:

I tried that strategy last year and it was an epic fail for me. I'm going for a more balanced and best available strategy this year.
If you did it right then you could have landed guys like Kamara, Collins, Cohen, Thompson, Lewis, Murray, and probably several others I'm not thinking of.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.