Top 5 picks?

944 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ac04
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I landed the 5th pick in an upcoming draft (standard scoring), and am trying to figure out who will be available.

I'm thinking Gurley and Zeke will be gone for sure.
After that, LeVeon Bell and David Johnson.
So that would leave me picking from Antonio Brown, Kamara, Barkley (who I don't like).

I hope Bell or maybe even Zeke will skip to me. I'm in a league with some Cowboy haters, so they might discount Zeke.
Goldie Wilson
Whoever is left of the top 4 RBs and AB.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Barkley should be your guy at 5 imo if hes available.
chris1515
AG
My worry is that the NYG OL is trash. Can he overcome that?

Hopefully with their WR and TE weapons, opponents can't just load up the box. I'm just worried about his OL.

With David Johnson, is he 100%?

When will Bell show up and what's his ramp up period?

Several questions...
Ags #1
AG
What dan said
Ags #1
AG
When bell wa suspended in the past he was still a top 5 back after missing I believe 4 games. Dj should be good to go and playing for a contract. What worries me is Bradford is he qb
Saint Pablo
I'm also fifth and a vast majority of the mocks that I have done am left choosing between AB or Barkley/Kamara/etc.

I don't think there's anyway that a top four back slips to me in my league, but who knows.
m.stat
AG
5th here too in a 1/2 point ppr league. I'm expecting the top 4 RB to be gone and leaning AB. I like Saquan but would lean Kamara over him.
ac04
i am taking kamara in standard and .5 PPR. leaning AB in full PPR.
Saint Pablo
ac04 said:

i am taking kamara in standard and .5 PPR. leaning AB in full PPR.
Sell me on kamara. For some reason I think his production might fall off a bit this year...no reason, just a gut feeling
ac04
he is the focal point of a top 5 offense, one that relied on its RBs more than any other team in the league LY. almost no changes to the saints that would affect him other than his primary competition for carries getitng suspended for the first 1/4 of the fantasy regular season. performed at an elite level in both the running and passing game.

his efficiency may dip, but only because it was absurd LY at 6.1 yards per carry. but i expect his usage to increase because he only saw ~4 carries per game through the first four games.
Saint Pablo
ac04 said:

he is the focal point of a top 5 offense, one that relied on its RBs more than any other team in the league LY. almost no changes to the saints that would affect him other than his primary competition for carries getitng suspended for the first 1/4 of the fantasy regular season. performed at an elite level in both the running and passing game.

his efficiency may dip, but only because it was absurd LY at 6.1 yards per carry. but i expect his usage to increase because he only saw ~4 carries per game through the first four games.
Makes tons of sense. Are you thinking about picking up Mark Ingram in a later round as well? Or not so much
ac04
i generally avoid players coming off PED suspensions as they usually struggle to get back up to speed. recent examples like kenneth dixon and doug martin in 2017, alshon jeffery in 2016, and antonio gates in 2015 are enough to make me think that situation is not worth the risk. i'll also be avoiding julian edelman for the same reason.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.