Keeper League Trade Question - Rodgers for McKinnon!?

707 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agproducer
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys, I want some feedback about a fantasy trade.

I'm in a keeper league that has been a keeper league for about 15 years. It works as such:

A team owner can keep up to 4 players from the previous season each year. Each play accounts for a round in the draft. For example, you keep one player, that player counts as your first round pick. You keep two, that accounts for your first two rounds. So, if you keep 4, you don't pick until the 5th round.

In the league, all the premier RBs are being kept. But, there will be RB2s available.

It's a standard scoring league, but QBs get 6 pts for TD.

Anyway, a guy in our league had Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson. He wasn't going to keep 2 QBs -- spending his first two picks on a starter and a backup QB.So, he offered up Rodgers for a trade. He had no one else on his team worth a keeper.

I first offered AJ Green for Rodgers. He didn't like that deal. So, I offered Beckham, Jr. Still, no go.

He ended up trading Rodgers for Jerick McKinnon.

Now, I believe this is a **** trade. The commissioner of the league believes it is even and claims that offering a top-tier WR for a top-tier QB was laughable. I find it ridiculous the trade that went through was a top-tier QB for the 11th or 12th rated RB when 2 or 3 RBs higher than McKinnon would be draftable.

Am I crazy for thinking my trade proposal was much, much better?
Hey...so.. um
I wiuld rather have OBJ but mckinnon has had a lot of hype lately.
Removed:15444557
For PPR in my opinion, OBJ > Green > McKinnon > Rodgers.

However, I do not think Rodgers is worth a pick in the first three rounds unless you are in either in a 16 team league or are in a 2QB league.

Keep OBJ and Green and don't worry about Rodgers. If anything the team trading away McKinnon hurt themselves.
ac04
unless you start 2 QBs, everyone involved is overvaluing rodgers.
agproducer
AG
The reason Rodgers is so overvalued is that it is a 10 team keeper league and there is no FLEX position. The positions are QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DST. Also, the scoring is near standard, but it is 1 point for every 20 yards rushing+receiving. 1 point for 50 yds passing. Bonus point at 100 rushing+receiving and 300 passing.

The scoring is archaic. We've had the system since we had to check the newspaper the next day for stats.
Post removed:
by user
Goldie Wilson
You dodged a bullet here
agproducer
AG
jayelbee said:

Scoring isn't that bad. It just devalues yardage pretty heavily for scoring. Relative balance between positions is reasonable.

McKinnon for Rodgers is laughable though given how many tds he throws for at 6/ea

That is my thinking as well. I thought offering OBJ was reasonable. A week later, and this trade still pisses me off.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.