Has anyone ever done IDPs in their league?

655 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A coworker asked me to join a company fantasy league and his set up is a bit odd. It is a 12 team .5 ppr league, with 2 flexes instead of 2 RBs, with 2 IDPs included. I have only played 10 man standard so the ppr aspect and IDPs are new to me. I have a pretty good handle on what PPR looks like, but am not sure about IDPs and what a draft strategy for them would be or what that even looks like. Anyone have any advice for me?
752bro4
AG
Saint Pablo said:

A coworker asked me to join a company fantasy league and his set up is a bit odd. It is a 12 team .5 ppr league, with 2 flexes instead of 2 RBs, with 2 IDPs included. I have only played 10 man standard so the ppr aspect and IDPs are new to me. I have a pretty good handle on what PPR looks like, but am not sure about IDPs and what a draft strategy for them would be or what that even looks like. Anyone have any advice for me?
Yes, I have. It's stupid.

Advice: Find a different league or get a new commish.
Saint Pablo
752bro4 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Yes, I have. It's stupid.

Advice: Find a different league or get a new commish.
Care to elaborate?
imnag07
AG
I've played in a league with IDPs and have loved it.

You want LB's, unless it's setup to where you score points for TFL's, then you might consider D linemen. You'll find plenty of sites that rank IDP's and I just go off of them...
AgEng06
AG
imnag07 said:

I've played in a league with IDPs and have loved it.

You want LB's, unless it's setup to where you score points for TFL's, then you might consider D linemen. You'll find plenty of sites that rank IDP's and I just go off of them...
This. We use IDPs and I prefer it over Team Defense.
chuckenvy
we do and love it. try to get a top 5 LB, followed by another high tackler LB late. round 9 is when i like to grab the top 1.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Been in a league with IDPs for 10 years now. I love it.

Some guys in the league tried to get rid of it last year and it lost in the vote 8-2.

I actually credit the IDP rule in helping me win my league last year in that I really gained a pretty good sense of which players were going to have big weeks and kept signing/starting new IDPs almost every week. So ya, if you prefer to have a team thats more on auto pilot after the draft then IDP is certainly not good. But if you like to try and find guys who can help you get an additional 6-8 points just by putting in a few extra mins of work then its a great thing.
ac04
not a fan at all. i prefer to go the other way and get rid of DST completely. and K for that matter.
Bunk Moreland
We did for one year about 7 years ago. We never did it again.
Saint Pablo
Thanks everyone! I am gonna go ahead and try it, can't hate it unless I try it. Maybe I will luck out and have Von or Myles on my squad
Old School Brother
von and myles won't be great unless the scoring is crazy slanted towards sacks. you want every down LBs in most IDP scoring systems.
Saint Pablo
Never mind then!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.