10th and 11th Pick in Half PPR

1,354 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgEng06
HeroicAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In my 10 person half PPR league I pick last. With that being said, should I go RB/WR or RB/RB? Went WR/WR last year and well lets say i didn't make the playoffs so ill be avoiding that.

After doing tons of mock drafts, it seems the potential available players will be OBJ, Julio, Hopkins, Fournette, Cook, Hunt, and Gordon.
BMX Bandit
It depends
bdgol07
AG
Best available at that point
CrazyAgE
RB/RB
DuckDown2013
AG
It's impossible for there to be a right or wrong answer to this. It Totally depends on who falls to you. In the early rounds, you take best available. Just don't take a Qb or te(not even gronk) and you'll be fine. As TMR says, fantasy football is about minimizing risk.
ac04
i would take two RBs
dixichkn
AG
Depends. How many RB do you have to start? If 2, then I'd probably go ahead and lock up RB right there. Otherwise a Fournette and OBJ/DHop combo would be hard to pass up
Tressels Vest
AG
Have that same pick. Going RB/RB. Thinking the options will be Kareem Hunt, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Melvin Gordon.

Then swing around and get at least one WR (I'm aiming for Tyreek) and another receiver or another RB (Ajayi?)
Removed:15444557
Rather than starting a new thread, although maybe that would be easiest to keep it clean, what is the boards thoughts on the 8 and 9 spot for half PPR?

Nearly every mock draft I do at the 8 or 9 spot I end up with a choice between Julio, OBJ, Hopkins, as best available unless I dip down for Hunt or Fournette. Then on the turn, the top RB that is available is McCaffery, McCoy, and rarely Freeman yet there are receivers like Thomas, Allen, and Green available.

I typically take best available for first two picks (WR/WR in the 8/9 spots) then adjust my strategy from there, but since there are so many WR's available in rounds 3-5 I usually end up having to reach for a RB there or risk going 3WR to start....

What would you do there?

Edit to add: 12 team league
HeroicAg
AG
Tressels Vest said:

Have that same pick. Going RB/RB. Thinking the options will be Kareem Hunt, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Melvin Gordon.

Then swing around and get at least one WR (I'm aiming for Tyreek) and another receiver or another RB (Ajayi?)

I've been looking really hard at Cook. Injury from last year scares me but the vikings OLine is solid and Cook was having a good year before that injury. If my draft was today, I think I would do Fournette/Cook.
Tressels Vest
AG
Hunt and Gordon are good too. They have the touches and receiving in 0.5 PPR to make them work quite well. Those 4 backs seem to be consistently there for me.

I do hope Barkley or Kamara slide to me though
DuckDown2013
AG
If either of those fall to you, let me know when your league has an opening.
HeroicAg
AG
Tressels Vest said:

Hunt and Gordon are good too. They have the touches and receiving in 0.5 PPR to make them work quite well. Those 4 backs seem to be consistently there for me.

I do hope Barkley or Kamara slide to me though
Both will be gone by 6th/7th pick
AgEng06
AG
In the interest of not starting a new thread, and since it's semi-related, allow me to posit a question:

10 team, 1 PPR keeper league, snake draft

We have a draft determination event to decide our draft position. The determination allows you to pick your draft position, which usually ends up falling in line 1 to 10. I'm considering selecting the latest spot I can (hopefully 9th or 10th) and keeping Zeke in the 1st round. The idea being that I can turn around and take a top 11 or 12 player with the next pick, rather than top 18-20 if I didn't keep Zeke and tried to just draft him. (I drafted him in the 3rd last year.)

My other keeper options would be:
Hyde- 2nd
Tyreek- 3rd
Thielen- 8th

Does this sound like a decent idea, or am I trying to get too cute with it? I'm not really tied to Zeke necessarily, but figured getting him late 1st would be better than my other keeper options.

ac04
how many can you keep? zeke at 1.10 is very nice. so is thielen in the 8th.
AgEng06
AG
Just 1 keeper. They count for 2 rounds ahead of last year, so none of the other top RBs will be kept...

Except Kamara. This jackwagon last year drafted him in the 15th, so he gets him in the 13th this year. His reason for drafting him: "I saw what he did to the A&M defense."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.