Cowboys will release Dez

2,586 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old School Brother
Old School Brother
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wow, they are manning up
Arthur Stilwell
Finally...

Although I do think he still has some value to the Cowboys but not with his contract. It has been a good run.
Vince Blake
Guesses on likely landing spot?

I think he would be a good fit for Jacksonville.
PooDoo
AG
The guys mental game is so weak. Forced himself out.
The Shank Ag
It's done
rsf0626
I think the dez issue was just as much dak as it was dez...loved dez and can still be a gamechanger but his salary was way too high to keep him on the roster
jr15aggie
AG
I'm shocked really! I guess I shouldn't be because the facts are we tried to sign Watkins before we got outbid, so the writing has been on the wall for a while I guess. Just didn't think they would actually do it.

This is definitely a different Cowboys team than in years past. I hope their plan works out building this new team around Dak, Zeke, and this O-line.
FireAg
AG
Further proof that Stephen Jones is calling the shots these days, and Jerry is a figurehead...
TheCougarHunter
AG
Stupid. Cowboys FO is a clown show
jr15aggie
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Stupid. Cowboys FO is a clown show

I don't agree with the move either, but I think it shows they are the opposite of a clown show. Shows me they have a plan and aren't afraid to let go of a guy Jerry is VERY close with.
Panama Red
AG
Other than the Bills, does anyone have a worse WR group in the league now?
bonfarr
AG
I want the Cowboys to take Kirk in the 1st Round but I think they take the SMU WR.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
W
AG
the tide continues to turn against the prima donna wide receivers
Southlake
Wish the Cowboys would have had him returning punts and kickoffs.
Ag12thman
AG
Panama Red said:

Other than the Bills, does anyone have a worse WR group in the league now?
No would be the answer to that.
Amazing Moves
That puts a damper on defense in the top part of the draft. It had to happen though. You have to free up that money.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

It has been a good run.

It has?

-- 5 losing or .500 seasons
-- 3 winning seasons with only 2 playoff appearances
-- 1 playoff win

Dez was arguably a big part of the 2 playoff seasons, but the running game those years was the main reason the Cowboys won 12 and 13 games, respectively. For all of his great catches and even games he had, they didn't make mediocre Cowboy teams any better. They didn't push ANY of the 3 .500 teams during his time to 1 or 2 more wins to get to the playoffs.

So how has it been a good run?
bonfarr
AG
Amazing Moves said:

That puts a damper on defense in the top part of the draft. It had to happen though. You have to free up that money.

I want Shaquiem Griffin in the 4th. I love that guy he is a playmaker and gives no ****s.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Arthur Stilwell
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

It has been a good run.

It has?

-- 5 losing or .500 seasons
-- 3 winning seasons with only 2 playoff appearances
-- 1 playoff win

Dez was arguably a big part of the 2 playoff seasons, but the running game those years was the main reason the Cowboys won 12 and 13 games, respectively. For all of his great catches and even games he had, they didn't make mediocre Cowboy teams any better. They didn't push ANY of the 3 .500 teams during his time to 1 or 2 more wins to get to the playoffs.

So how has it been a good run?
You read way too much into what I said. I just meant that he was a good player for us. It's not like he was a freaking scrub.

But you go ahead and blame all the Cowboys' struggles on Bryant.
mts6175
AG
$15 mil for 800 yards and 6 TD's last year? Three 1000 yd seasons in 8 years? Wish I could get that paycheck for that kind of performance.....
BMX Bandit
mts6175 said:

$15 mil for 800 yards and 6 TD's last year? Three 1000 yd seasons in 8 years? Wish I could get that paycheck for that kind of performance.....

Should have worked harder in high school
DannyDuberstein
AG
Declining player with such an overly inflated view of his ability combined with a domineering personality that it made him a detriment.
Kashchei
AG
Fantastic news! Buh bye Dez!
turfman80
AG
He hasnt been able to separate from defenders the past few years, and inconsistent hands on top of that. Not worth the $$, especially considering his disruptive personality
bigcat22
AG
Haven't looked at the mock drafts but I wonder if this signals any possibility of the Cowboys drafting Ridley
Out in Left Field
AG
#dezcaughtit
Old School Brother
bigcat22 said:

Haven't looked at the mock drafts but I wonder if this signals any possibility of the Cowboys drafting Ridley
if he's available at 19, they'll sprint to hand in their card.....but they'll likely have to trade up a few spots if they want him, assuming the latest mock drafts are correct.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.