49ers, Garoppolo agree to 5-year, $137.5M contract

1,879 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by misterguinness
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MelvinUdall
The key in these deals is the guaranteed money, it could be 5/$200 million, but if the guaranteed money is $30 million it means little to the overall deal.
Forum Troll
AG
And I thought the Assweiler deal was bad
BMX Bandit
74 million guaranteed is the report
jr15aggie
AG
Maybe this is a horrible idea for other reasons... but they capped the rookie salaries, why can't they put a cap on player salaries also (meaning limit the $ any one player can command)?

I'm just tired of QBs holding teams hostage by taking up so much cap room forcing some of our favorite players to leave our favorite teams just so they can get a decent / new contract with somebody else.
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie said:

Maybe this is a horrible idea for other reasons... but they capped the rookie salaries, why can't they put a cap on player salaries also (meaning limit the $ any one player can command)?

I'm just tired of QBs holding teams hostage by taking up so much cap room forcing some of our favorite players to leave our favorite teams just so they can get a decent / new contract with somebody else.
players aren't going to agree to that.

owners can always do away with the salary cap if they don't like one player taking up all the cap room
MelvinUdall
BMX Bandit said:

74 million guaranteed is the report

Interesting, that contract has some teeth, better work out for the SF.
BMX Bandit
$62mm is the true guaranteed figure

$31mm against the cap this year (they still have $80mm free)

$20mm next year

27mm each year after.

Not unfriendly at all to their cap. he can be cut after two years with very little effect in dead money
JRB78
AG
Garafolo? Maiocco? Are only people with equally unusual names allowed to comment on Garoppolo?
bdgol07
AG
7 NFL starts

Good luck
redag06
To be fair there are Texans fans who would pay Watson that much after his 6 starts.
BMX Bandit
If Watson were a free agent, a fan of the Texans would be right to be excited about getting him to agree to a deal with these terms.

ATM9000
AG
Forum Troll said:

And I thought the Assweiler deal was bad

Why's it a bad deal? Lower guaranteed money than Stafford last season. I'd say that's about the market rate that he just got.
misterguinness
AG
His career rating is only 99.7. They are fooked
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.