SL Carroll Coach Hal Wasson

2,399 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by _lefraud_
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Southlake people know what is going on with the Hal Wasson administrative leave? I suspect there is a contingent trying to weed him out since the program has come down a few pegs since their last state title in 2011. But curious what the gossip around town is.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/02/05/southlake-carroll-football-coaches-school-board-meeting/
Southlake
We really have no idea. Everyone has been very tight lipped. Rumors about improper transfers and summer 7 on 7 violations have been floating around, but not tied to Wasson himself.

I personally know Hal and can't imagine he's do anything to put the Program in jeopardy. In fact, he's so straight, he's almost nerdy.

He and the AD have never seen eye to eye. And yes, some are calling this a witch hunt so the AD can go after DeSoto's ex coach.

Of course if any bad dealings happen on your watch...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, just from an outsiders perspective, I could see some dissatisfaction with taking a step back and sort of being replaced by Allen, and that spurring looking into rumors they would typically have ignored.

There is stink around a lot of these good programs even if the coaches are on the up and up, partly just because the program is an attractive magnet for families that want to see their good athlete have success and get exposure. Some of those families don't go about it the right way. Also, between the crazy number of camps and 7on7 tournaments that have sprung up, lots of opportunity for interaction between parents, coaches, etc. So even for someone that does it the right way, there is plenty of opportunity for an assistant or lower level coach to step in it, even if inadvertently. And then if someone is out for your job, watch out.

The timing with Desoto's coach resigning (which was inevitable after last spring's train wreck) and this investigation popping is definitely interesting.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So Hal Wasson ends up as a forced resignation (will get paid for 2018-19), and his replacement named today is Todd Dodge's son and ex-SLC Qb Riley Dodge

This whole thing reeked to high heaven.
Señor Chang
AG
Wow, he's what, 30 or 31? Seems awful young for a 6A head coach.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Per Wiki he's 29. Seems like a desperate attempt to roll back the clock. Between Desoto and this, definitely some strange happenings in DFW 6A football this past year
bonfarr
AG
I am still pissed at Riley Dodge for giving sip coaches our signals only to have Appletits give them to Arkansas.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Southlake
I got nothing here. I liked Wasson.

That being said, Riley is inheriting a loaded team a loaded team with a 2 year starter at QB and the best running back in the metroplex nobody's heard of - McDaniel and the best safety in the state, Mickens.

Now watch Riley goof it up....
Grapesoda2525
I'd expect some growing pains for a 29 year old kid on the big stage.
_lefraud_
AG
Sean McVay took over the Rams at age 31. Dodge may not be "successful" but I really don't understand why his age matters all that much. Sure, he's never been a head coach, but being young (age) doesn't necessarily make someone inexperienced.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.