Nick Foles

4,067 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HECUBUS
JTrainsBabyCousin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A backup to an extreme talent in Wentz... Comes in and leads Philly to their first Lombardi while getting an MVP on the way.

Another Texas boy doing big things... wonder how his saga in the league unfolds.

He was always a mild enigma with talent... He's now the ultimate enigma.

Foles.. not Wentz is a legend in Philly.
PooDoo
AG
They will let him walk and the Foles curse will keep Philly out of another Super Bowl for decades.
wangus12
AG
I'm curious to see what they do. He was great in the playoffs. Wentz is coming off knee surgery and is the franchise QB. I think you let Foles start the year and give Wentz all the time in the world to rehab that knee.
gougler08
AG
Doug Pederson is the real MVP...that offense he developed is really impressive
redag06
Frank Reich is no slouch either. He will be a hc in 2019.
Bunk Moreland
gougler08 said:

Doug Pederson is the real MVP...that offense he developed is really impressive

He also implemented some of Chip Kelly's RPO style in there for Foles to help him be comfortable and perform well. A testament to what a true coach does...willing to adapt his schemes and strategies around the talent he has to go out on the field with.
chris1515
AG
Jason Garrett disagrees. Don't you know it's all about the process?
TyHolden
AG
Chip kelly deserves some credit for getting fired
94chem
Eagles were okay, but the were a bit unbalanced. Would have liked to see them establish the run a bit more.
gougler08
AG
94chem said:

Eagles were okay, but the were a bit unbalanced. Would have liked to see them establish the run a bit more.

They scored 41 points...I think they were just fine
94chem
Sure, if you're worried about points, but that's not all there is to football. You have to establish the run. If you don't, it's like just dropping a big bomb without conquering all the little islands first. That never works.
Phat32
AG
No I'm pretty sure it's about having more points than the other team.
gougler08
AG
94chem said:

Sure, if you're worried about points, but that's not all there is to football. You have to establish the run. If you don't, it's like just dropping a big bomb without conquering all the little islands first. That never works.

Uhhh they won the Super Bowl, I think they succeeded. I understand that generally establishing the run helps your offense, but seeing as they scored 40+ and won, I don't think it negatively effected them at all
expresswrittenconsent
94chem said:

Philly had 27 rush for 164 yds and 34 min TOP. your takes are consistently the worst.
Deputy Travis Junior
94chem said:

164 rush yards on 27 attempts is a great rushing game in the NFL.

You might as well say that the Patriots should have worked a little harder to establish their passing game.
94chem
Wow, people.
Iowaggie
AG
It's like some of you have never read a sarcastic post on texags before.
94chem
That was perhaps the most impressive offensive display in Super Bowl history. I was just testing my material in case they need the next Herm Edwards to say stupid stuff during games.

Figured at least one person would be familiar with the Pacific campaign:

Island hopping
gougler08
AG
94chem posts a bunch of crap all the time, hard to tell when he's serious or not
expresswrittenconsent
i think pretty much everyone is familiar with the pacific war. what i think is interesting is that when you think "island hopping" it means that we skipped lots of islands so we could nuke japan. and while it is technically correct that we did skip some islands, i think that when most americans think of island hopping, they think of the islands where we fought the japs tooth and nail and thousands of marines (including many texas boys) saw some brutal horrific warfare with lots of american casualties to win each small strip of land in the middle of a massive ocean.
MicheIangeIo
AG
JTrainsBabyCousin said:

A backup to an extreme talent in Wentz... Comes in and leads Philly to their first Lombardi while getting an MVP on the way.

Another Texas boy doing big things... wonder how his saga in the league unfolds.

He was always a mild enigma with talent... He's now the ultimate enigma.

Foles.. not Wentz is a legend in Philly.

Foles isn't an option
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I like Nick Foles now. He or Keenum are clearly 1a and 1b for best back-up QB in the NFL.

https://instagr.am/p/Be3gBwVhvGF
TyHolden
AG
He needs to bring ztejas back....
Gregg Papivich
Foles > Wentz, Dak, Eli, Smith
Wheatables02
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Foles > Wentz, Dak, Eli, Smith

FIFY

Foles > Romo > Dak
HECUBUS
AG
Just another kid from Westlake. The last time I took my daughter to the orthodontist, Papa Foles was in. He's a celebrity at Dr Kunik's. Heard some interesting stuff, but mostly about the valuation of Lily's soundproof pink ear muffs air time. Supposedly $8 mil worth of advertising.

Hope Nick gets paid. Good people.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.