*******Super Bowl LII Thread: Patriots vs. Eagles*******

30,172 Views | 742 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mathguy64
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like it was a pretty bad gamble. Still couldn't get stops when they needed (and not very many overall), and lots of bad tackling from teh secondary on the field. Several big plays where a guy ran through a weak DB tackle attempt, including some critical 3rd down conversions where even if the tackle wasn't broken entirely, the ballcarrier was able to drive the DB multiple yards to get past the marker.
Jason Ag
AG
I read that Eric Rowe (Butler's backup) said he didn't even know he was starting until game time. Butler must have violated team rules or something, definitely more to the story.
wilecoyote
Maybe the stories about Bill wanting to tank the team are true?

Ag_07
AG
Yeah I read Butler didn't know he was benched until pregame so I'm not buying the scheme story. If that was the case they'd have discussed and practiced like that all week.

I'm on the side of there's something not being said. Too strange
WES2006AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah I read Butler didn't know he was benched until pregame so I'm not buying the scheme story. If that was the case they'd have discussed and practiced like that all week.

I'm on the side of there's something not being said. Too strange

How dare you question something Bill said in a press conference, he usually takes that so well.

Bill is lying for some reason. But if the guy "violated team rules" why not just say that. Weird situation all the way around.
Bregxit
AG
https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-butlers-ex-teammate-weed-curfew-led-to-benching/
Mathguy64
AG
Whatever it was he didn't completely bench Butler. They said he played on special teams.
Bregxit
AG
mathguy86 said:

Whatever it was he didn't completely bench Butler. They said he played on special teams.

One play.
Mathguy64
AG
dlance said:

mathguy86 said:

One play.

But he did play. Which makes a DNP-CD theory weird. If he was suspended for some reason he wouldn't play at all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.