Vince McMahon announcement today

25,495 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Hey...so.. um
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guitarsoup said:

That is pretty funny.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Guitarsoup
AG
Officials got the last play of the game wrong, XFL owned it, 'reassigned' the replay official right away. NFL has a lot of things to learn from this.

[url=https://twitter.com/davidevertsen/status/1236484213005848578][/url]

BenFiasco14
AG
Actually went to the Dallas game yesterday. We had a blast. Great weather, fun low key tailgating, and Texas Live right there for post game festivities. Concessions were high but not as bad as at the Cowboys stadium. $6 for a 16 oz beer.

On field product sucked though. It's shocking to me how miserably failing Stoops is at this.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Teddy KGB
AG

For this alone I want the league to succeed!
Trucker 96
Landry Jones is kind of garbage and out of shape, but the backup is horrendously bad. He has no arm at all. Total Checkdown Charlie and still manages to throw INTs. 49 passes. 28 completions. 210 yards. Wtf is that
IceAg08
AG
JFF could save Dallas
benMath08
AG
Unless the XFL can get some sort of deal with the NFL to be a minor league for QBs I don't see how their QBs will ever not be garbage. Maybe convince some good college QBs who can't get drafted yet to play for some real money? (no idea what the XFL eligibility rules are)

Honestly a minor league system makes a lot of sense. Your backup/developmental QBs get playing time in a real game and the XFL gets access to way better players.

Think how bad the average NFL backup is. Then how much worse the third string/practice squad guy is. They are still better than what the XFL has access to.
Trucker 96
Agree, and they actually used that model in NFL Europe. Teams could allocate QBs there for development. Names you may have heard of like Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson were signed with NFL teams and allocated to play there. I don't see how current NFL backups develop where they basically never play . Developing a QB is like expecting a baseball pitcher to develop while just pitching in spring training and then spending the rest of the year sitting in the bullpen watching the game. It's nuts when you look at it that way.
AtlAg05
AG
Will XFL suspend games like the other leagues?

Can they survive doing it?
Guitarsoup
AG
OCEN99
AG
Season is cancelled. Players getting paid & tickets being refunded.
Guitarsoup
Mr.Bond
AG
Roughnecks dream season is over.......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Trucker 96
Sucks because they'd done a lot to try to get this thing right. Maybe they can spend the time working with NFL teams for next season to provide some developmental QB talent.
gambochaman
AG
Houston cant have nice things
Olsen
AG
******* the AAF lasted longer than the XFL..
CoachRTM
AG
This sucks overall, but I do think it was a successful first run for the XFL.

Not their fault this craziness happened.
BMX Bandit
week 5 ratings:

Quote:

Sunday's games averaged 767,000 on FS1 (St. Louis at D.C.) and 833,000 on ESPN (Tampa at L.A.).

According to ESPN, Saturday's game between Seattle and Houston averaged 1.546 million. FOX's Saturday game (New York at Dallas) had an audience of 1.497 million.
739k watched the Bahamas bowl
1.15mm watched Gasparilla bowl

this is why the "they need to get rid of lots of bowls" argument is worthless. Even those turds outdraw most things on tv.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.