Patriots On The Brink

3,232 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Saint Pablo
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle
Gig’em Aggies!
Enviroag02
AG
Good read. It certainly looks like Belichek is doing some very uncharacteristic things recently which seem to reinforce the idea that he's ready to burn it to the ground. Trading Garrapalo for nothing, being happy for his success, preparing assistants for upcoming interviews, etc. Interesting.
Ag_07
AG
Doubt it

I'm guessing they'll get 2 more SB wins before Tom and Bill call it quits.
MelvinUdall
Fascinating article and clearly this Bill throwing this out there and is in line with his process of letting players that are still good go in lieu of a younger player. I am not suggesting Tom is done, but if Bill really like Garapolo and felt he was a good replacement for Tom, then he may have been ready to move on. We will know how true this story is when the season is over.
bilbobag
The 3 ego's finally have a ***** in the armour. I still think they find a way to manage. However, if they don't, this offseason could be interesting especially if they get knocked out of the playoffs next week or the week after.
Saint Pablo
Good read!
Saint Pablo
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21969416/robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-united-amid-reports-tension-new-england-patriots

Belichick, Brady, and Kraft release a joint statement refuting this article
Ag_07
AG
Yee nailed it

Quote:

Don Yee, the agent for both Brady and former Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, also issued a statement regarding the ESPN story on Friday.

"I don't really know what to say; it's tough to have a response since it didn't appear to me to have one on-the-record quote. All I can suggest is don't believe everything you read," Yee said.

I could've written that article
Mike Elko
AG
They'll squeak out another SB due to their opponent's ineptitude. They're five for five in that category.
. . .
. . .
Patriots on the brink ...of another Super Bowl title.

Media hypes the hell out this ***** Oh, Tom got a boo-boo on his hand! How is he gonna survive! Oh, "dysfunction" & egos! Could this be the end? Is this the end? Is the dynasty over? Their coordinators are leaving. Bill must be out the door too!

AgOutsideAustin
AG
We're on to Minneapolis!
redag06
You a coach or player ?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
redag06 said:

You a coach or player ?

You football much ?
Look up Belichick and we're on to Cincinnati.
W
AG
the political world has its fake news media.

and so does the sports world
DannyDuberstein
AG
Massively successful people oftentimes develop egos that encounter friction with other successful people that they interact with all the time. I'm sure there are disagreements and things aren't peachy all the time. But it doesn't mean that there will be a break-up. That is such a huge leap to jump to.
BBQ4Me
AG
If the Pats win another SB, I could see Bill retiring. He's getting up there in age, is already the best coach in NFL history, and is losing his two longtime lieutenants
45-70Ag
AG
I don't think he retires. Work is his life
_lefraud_
AG
I think Belichick (ego) would like to try and win a ring WITHOUT Brady.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think both Saban and Belichick are wired to keep doing the job for as long as they have the energy to do it in the way that they think it needs to be done. That said, how these two think it should be done requires a ****-ton of energy. Based on past coaches, that energy level seems to fall off near 70. I think he'll grind out 3-5 more years.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
_lefraud_ said:

This is not a good idea.
- Phil Jackson
Saint Pablo
_lefraud_ said:

After trading away Brissett and Garopolo, I do not see it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.