Carson Wentz could be done...

1,669 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gougler08
Tressels Vest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So who do you replace him with in the playoffs?

10 team league, here's who is available:

Winston
Dalton
Siemian
Kiser
Cutler
Gabbert
Garappolo
Manning
Brissett
Hundley (if no Rodgers)
Bortles
Flacco
Trubisky

Mariota going to be dropped in my league too.

My guess is:
1. Bortles
2. Garappolo
3. Kiser?
Matsui
AG
Kiser...
W
AG
Dalton at Minnesota in week 15 --- probably want to pass on that.

Winston vs. the Falcons in week 15 is not bad
Agnzona
The NFL can't keep stars healthy.
Tressels Vest
AG
No love for Bortles? 3 decent games in a row.

Playing Texans and 49ers next.
Jason Ag
AG
Dede is coming on too. Bortles has also shown he'll run it lately.
Ag_07
AG
Joe Flacco

Couple of games with 20+ points in the past couple weeks and games against CLE and IND in weeks 15 and 16.
AtlAg05
AG
I have Cousins, who has been trending down lately.

Unfortunate that Wentz had a great game during my playoff bye week

Tressels Vest
AG
Ag_07 said:

Joe Flacco

Couple of games with 20+ points in the past couple weeks and games against CLE and IND in weeks 15 and 16.

Good point about Flacco. It is hard to trust him as bad as he's been so far this year.

Cleveland and Indi is a nice schedule though
Ag_07
AG
No doubt.

I was just looking at players with favorable matchups and noticed Flacco has been decent lately. It's a big gamble but if you had Wentz and your league is like mine where everyone carries multiple QBs then the WW may be slim pickins.

FWIW I'm looking for a possible McCown replacement since he was my Mariota replacement.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
lets just call it the "Curse of Michael Irvin".
Ag_07
AG
And it's confirmed...Wentz out for season with torn ACL. Foles now the starter.

Quote:

Any hope that the Eagles might get quarterback Carson Wentz back this season was extinguished on Monday afternoon.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson opened his press conference by confirming that Wentz suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during Sunday's loss to the Rams. Pederson added that no other ligaments were injured.
bigboykin
AG
I have Wentz in two leagues, and pretty much the same options on the WW. I like the matchups for Bortles against Houston and Flacco @ CLE. I want to lean toward Bortles since Jacksonville is going to be 70 and sunny, while Cleveland is looking like high 30's/low 40's and rainy.
gougler08
AG
Rolling w/ Bortles...Houston just gave up 300+ yards to Jimmy Garappolo
Tressels Vest
AG
You mentioned Jimmy G...

Decent matchup this week (Titans); awful matchup next week (Jaguars).

Maybe a one week streamer?
MSFC Aggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

Joe Flacco

Careful here. Baltimore is a run first team. If the score is close...or they are ahead....they will be pounding the rock. I wouldn't trust Flacco unless they are in a shoot out, or playing catch up. Don't see either of those happening with CLE or IND (although CLE could be interesting).
Tressels Vest
AG
Just noticed Tyrod Taylor is available. Has the Dolphins, then Patriots. Not bad in terms of matchups.
gougler08
AG
Tressels Vest said:

You mentioned Jimmy G...

Decent matchup this week (Titans); awful matchup next week (Jaguars).

Maybe a one week streamer?
Only if I was really desperate
Tressels Vest
AG
Right. The yards are there, not the tds yet. I'd be more optimistic if he had Garon.
CactusThomas
AG
Ag_07 said:

And it's confirmed...Wentz out for season with torn ACL. Foles now the starter.

Quote:

Any hope that the Eagles might get quarterback Carson Wentz back this season was extinguished on Monday afternoon.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson opened his press conference by confirming that Wentz suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during Sunday's loss to the Rams. Pederson added that no other ligaments were injured.

The eagles coach thinks they lost to the rams yesterday?
W
AG
let's take a moment to appreciate Wentz for throwing 4 TD passes...before he got hurt
k20dub
AG
I had Wentz and rode him to the playoffs. I'm up big after week 1 of the first round so I'm more concerned with weeks 16 & 17. Thinking of Bortles but Keemun is also available. I saw their OL has had injuries though and he may not play week 17. Also thought of Nick Foles just because they're going to have to get him caught up in the offense before the playoffs and it's still a good team.
Tressels Vest
AG
Keenum is an interesting situation too. If he goes cold, it sounds like he might get a quick yank for Teddy Bridgewater.

Say he sucks against the Bengals, will Minnesota got with Bridgewater for the big game against Green Bay (who should have Rodgers back).

Speaking of, man I wish Rodgers had been dropped...
Tressels Vest
AG
What does everyone think about Foles? He gets the Giants in week 15 and the Raiders in 16. Has a lot of support on that offense, unlike some other guys (ex. Trubisky, Garappolo).

Wondering if Philly goes more run heavy with Ajayi though
Tressels Vest
AG
Well damn.

Bortles and Garappolo were snagged before my waiver priority. Picked up Foles and Tyrod Taylor as a result.
gougler08
AG
There's still a lot of talent in Philly, Foles could end up being a decent fill-in

Whether it be the coaching staff, weather, or Taylor's injury problems...I'd avoid him if at all possible
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.