Must Start vs Matchup Dependent

732 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigboykin
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So now that we are getting towards the end of the season my team has completely shifted from what I thought my must starts and matchup dependent players would be.

Current Must Starts
QB: Rivers
RB: Kamara
WR: Brown
WR: Funchess

Matchup Dependent
RB: Howard, Lynch, Mixon
TE: Doyle, Davis
WR: Baldwin, Crabtree

At the beginning I had Baldwin, Howard, and Crabtree all must starts. My how things have changed. Pretty pleased with Funchess' emergence.
Saint Pablo
I feel the same way...my team really did not pan out as hoped, unfortunately.

Must Starts
QB: Carson Wentz
RB: LeSean McCoy
K: Will Lutz

Matchup Dependent
RB: DeMarco Murray, Marshawn Lynch, Dion Lewis, Derrick Henry
WR: Michael Thomas, Robby Anderson, JuJu Smith Schuster, Corey Coleman
TE: Evan Engram
EliteZags
AG
Get real i dare you to bench Howard in the playoffs (assuming you can play a flex)
Gigemags382
AG
Howard and M Thomas are matchup dependent? Kidding, right?
W
AG
strangely enough...perhaps my best team is the one that was auto-drafted due to Harvey. Editing those pre-draft rankings is important.

Must starts:

QB Rivers
RB Le'Veon, Kamara
WR Cooks, Thielen
TE Engram
K Tucker

matchup based:

RB Collins, J.Williams
WR Hogan, Amari, Shepherd
D/ST

12-team league
Saint Pablo
Yeah that is likely an overreaction on my part. I have been frustrated with his production...the emergence of that run game and a few of the other passing options have prevented him from being what I thought he would have been.
bigboykin
AG
Would I be crazy if I kept Devonta on the bench this week in favor of Funchess? In this scenario, McCaffrey would go from flex to RB and Funchess would replace him. I just see Coleman still getting a big share of the carries, and Minn hasn't given up 100 yards rushing all season. Alex Collins is another alternative... the Lions give up the fourth most points to RBs. The other factor is that both Funchess and Collins have minor injuries...

This week is a must-win to even have a shot at the playoffs. Do you lay it all on the line with a gamble or just roll your studs despite matchups?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.