***FF REST OF SEASON THREAD***

1,785 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cru
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Standard WR rest of season;

Mike Evans or Larry Fitzgerald? What say you?
Goldie Wilson
Evans and it's not close
ac04
Gigemags382
AG
I'd probably go with Josh Gordon.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
I like this thread idea, though Mike Evans question isn't even close. He's been productive with a very tough schedule....

ROS:
Amari Cooper or Kelvin Benjamin
Doug Martin or Mark Ingram
mike_ags_fan12
Floyd Falcon Sr said:

I like this thread idea, though Mike Evans question isn't even close. He's been productive with a very tough schedule....

ROS:
Amari Cooper or Kelvin Benjamin
Doug Martin or Mark Ingram

Muscle Hamster and Ingram is a tough one. I will slightly lean on Martin because Alvin Kamara splits with Ingram.
Goldie Wilson
I'd probably go Cooper and Hamster as well. I'd need a couple more weeks of consistent post-AP volume for Ingram before I fully trust Payton. And even then is exactly when Payton really likes to **** over Ingram owners to the tune of 4 carries for 7 yards. Not bitter.
ac04
i will take cooper and ingram. ingram looks like the focal point of that offense right now.
Smokedraw01
Alex SMith or Rusty Wilson?
JTrainsBabyCousin
RedAgs01 said:

Alex SMith or Rusty Wilson?
Alex Smith.. Them losing a couple of games is actually a good thing for AS Fantasy owners.. Keeps them from getting complacent as the year goes on. He's been slinging the rock this year and has good weapons around him.
Pvilleaggie
Smith or Carr
JTrainsBabyCousin
Dan 07 said:

Evans and it's not close
I don't understand this mindset... sure, it may be proven to be correct as the season goes on.. Maybe.. Fitz is an older player.. but

• Fitz is averaging 10.3 targets a game to Evans' 9.4
  • Fitz is averaging 7 catches a game to Evans' 5.4
  • Fitz is averaging 78 y/g to Evans' 74
  • Both have 3 TDs

Mike hasn't broken 100 yards receiving in a game yet.. Fitz has broken 130 twice.. Winston has been banged up.. Palmer has been pretty steady..

...the "it's not close" narrative doesn't hold much water presently.. but maybe it will in the future. Shall see. Larry is 34 years old.
JTrainsBabyCousin
Pvilleaggie said:

Smith or Carr
Good question.. depends on matchups and momentum.. I'd say Smith just off of his body of work this year and productivity so far.. Could see Carr catching stride though.

I have a waiver claim for Carr and will probably have both QBs on my roster.
Goldie Wilson
All very fair points. Let's wager on who has more fantasy points the rest of this season.
mike_ags_fan12
Pvilleaggie said:

Smith or Carr

Chiefs remaining schedule will favor smith and that offense.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
JTrainsBabyCousin said:

Dan 07 said:

Evans and it's not close
I don't understand this mindset... sure, it may be proven to be correct as the season goes on.. Maybe.. Fitz is an older player.. but

• Fitz is averaging 10.3 targets a game to Evans' 9.4
  • Fitz is averaging 7 catches a game to Evans' 5.4
  • Fitz is averaging 78 y/g to Evans' 74
  • Both have 3 TDs

Mike hasn't broken 100 yards receiving in a game yet.. Fitz has broken 130 twice.. Winston has been banged up.. Palmer has been pretty steady..

...the "it's not close" narrative doesn't hold much water presently.. but maybe it will in the future. Shall see. Larry is 34 years old.
Unfortunately, these points were all valid pre Palmer breaking his arm. Now you have to agree that it isn't close. Fitz was my WR1 in a league too and now I'm panicking.
M.C. Swag
AG
Fitz is maxing his ceiling. It helps that he's on a bad team that's routinely palying from behind but Evans has a ridiculously high floor.

My philosophy in fantasy is that you start your studs. Evans is a stud. Any given game he can nab 3 TDs. Don't overthink it.
ac04
fitz's fantasy value just went in the toilet.
Gigemags382
AG
Wanted to post this somewhere without making a thread for it. Figured this was the best spot. The last sentence was freaking hilarious to me. Maybe it's not as great as I think. But I definitely lol'd at work. It is unreal that Cutler cashed in for $10 mil.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/10/fantasy-football-injury-report-week-7/
Quote:

Jay Cutler (QB MIA)

By no means do I mean to diminish the injury Jay Cutler suffered, but it is actually beneficial to everyone on the Dolphins. Cutler broke some ribs and will miss a couple weeks. With the Dolphins playing Thursday night, there's absolutely no chance Cutler plays. Matt Moore will start and is better than Cutler. He's not a huge upgrade, but he boosts the value of Jarvis Landry by virtue of not being Jay Cutler.

Palmer's injury impact on Fitz is also discussed there (downgraded from a low-end WR1 to a WR3).
JTrainsBabyCousin
Ya.. Don't see Fitz doing much now after that. Landry is available in my league.. I'm creating a claim for him dropping Larry.

Luckily I had him on my bench and started Cooks and Tyreek Hill at WR this week. I actually haven't started Larry once all season, but there were definitely a few games where I wish I had.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
JTrainsBabyCousin said:

Ya.. Don't see Fitz doing much now after that. Landry is available in my league.. I'm creating a claim for him dropping Larry.

Luckily I had him on my bench and started Cooks and Tyreek Hill at WR this week. I actually haven't started Larry once all season, but there were definitely a few games where I wish I had.
Dropping Fitz is pretty bold I feel like. He may be able to produce decent numbers at least, if Gabbert starts at QB soon. No other droppable options? 10 tm?
JTrainsBabyCousin
I like Landry's trajectory as of late.. Moore will get him the rock I believe.. and my WR situation is much better now.

I have Tyreek Hill, Brandin Cooks.. and just acquired DeAndre Hopkins by trading Hyde and McKinnon for him.
JTrainsBabyCousin
Chances are I would continue to not start Fitz regardless.. I'll probably be rolling Tyreek Hill and DeAndre Hopkins at WR all season long.
ac04
landry is available??
JTrainsBabyCousin
ac04 said:

landry is available??
6 team league makes it to where lots of talent is available for most positions.
Tressels Vest
AG
JTrainsBabyCousin said:

ac04 said:

landry is available??
6 team league makes it to where lots of talent is available for most positions.
JTrainsBabyCousin
I don't like it either.. I wasn't the commissioner of this league, but I wanted at least 8 teams.. I tried to recruit more people to it, but most were lolpoors that didn't want to do the buy in.. The better leagues I've played in were 12 team leagues and they just make for better comp...

But, I'm stuck in this league and I'm going to try and win it.
mike_ags_fan12
Samm Watson or Terrell Pryor in PPR?
M.C. Swag
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

...who?
Goldie Wilson
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Assuming you mean Watkins, I'd go Watkins between those 2, but I'd probably start some from the WW over either of them.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
Dan 07 said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

Assuming you mean Watkins, I'd go Watkins between those 2, but I'd probably start some from the WW over either of them.
I've dropped both of them in the same league this year. So dissapointing. Pryor played less than half the snaps last night.
Removed:15444557
Keep Rivers or trade Snead for Carr?

My team is terrible and I almost need the ceiling of Snead as a lotto ticket just to make me relevant when I make playoffs. I could try Snead + something for Watson since he has both but he's a Texans homer so I doubt I could get Watson for less than Gordon.

He also has a lot of bye week trouble and could potentially be dropping Carr on Thursday morning waivers for someone, but I have the #1 waiver and don't know if it would be worth burning that Saturday morning just for Carr...

12 team 0.5 PPR 2rb 2wr 1te 1flex, currently 5-2

Rivers
Gordon, J White, Crowell, Powell, Ivory
Cooper, Sanu, Snead, Amendola, C Coleman
Witten
Broncos, Lions (i know...)
Succop (bye week drop)
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
What is the outlook for Dez the rest of the way? How much would Zeke getting suspended affect it?
Cru
S
Dan 07 said:

All very fair points. Let's wager on who has more fantasy points the rest of this season.

I advise against doing this with Dan07. If you do, be prepared for one player to post 3 points over 3 weeks, and the other to post 3.1.
Cru
S
Floyd Falcon Sr said:

Dan 07 said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

I've dropped both of them in the same league this year. So dissapointing. Pryor played less than half the snaps last night.

Not that we know it changes anything, but evidently Pryor has been dealing with an injury in his lower extremities. I don't recall seeing news on this until this week. Right or wrong, I'm going to use this as my excuse for his lack of points, and why he wasn't traded.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.