Tony Romo

1,379 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mjfrog
what say you
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is awful at being an announcer. That is all.
Frisco
AG
just yapping away....and I'm a Romo fan.
Aggie1205
AG
I like him as a commentator. And not a Cowboys fan either.
TyHolden
AG
he's a lot like gruden when he first started out. he's gonna be a great one. if not, he'd be a great coach.
Ag12thman
AG
He's way too much talking for my taste. It's like he's trying to be the QB through words and it's just way too over the top, especially for a color role.
mike_ags_fan12
You think Nantz likes or dislikes tony on the booth?
ac04
he's fantastic.
BMX Bandit
I think he talks a bit too much, but thats likely from being new to the booth. his insight and analysis are fantastic.

overall: A, with likely A+ by end of year.
KidDoc
AG
I really enjoy him. Has football smarts too some good insight.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
KidDoc said:

I really enjoy him. Has football smarts too some good insight.

I think he's fantastic. Agree w/ BMX that he talks a little too much and will get a better feel for this as time goes by, but saying he's awful is just wrong.

I can see where you think he talks too much or gets too excited, but he brings a great deal of insight.
W
AG
he's doing good
NoahAg
I'm not a Romo or Cowboys fan, but I think he's entertaining. Especially considering most of the Thursday games have been crap.
MelvinUdall
BMX Bandit said:

I think he talks a bit too much, but thats likely from being new to the booth. his insight and analysis are fantastic.

overall: A, with likely A+ by end of year.

Agreed 100%! His looking at where everyone is lined up and talking about what is about to happen is awesome, he is taking you into the mind of what a QB is seeing and should do based on the defensive adjustments.
Post removed:
by user
Max Power
AG
I think he does a good job for someone that just started. Aikman was really bad when he started out but worked hard at it and got much better. If any teams come calling he should just stay the course and keep calling games. Nice pay to talk football and none of the injury risk.
PatAg
AG
what say you said:

is awful at being an announcer. That is all.
You are in a very small minority, congrats
Bunk Moreland
I haven't heard a color commentator clearly having more fun in the booth since Madden. And after watching a football life of John Madden, I wouldn't be surprised in the least us Romo sought advice from him before this gig.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think he's been doing great. Very insightful and sharp. He does talk a bit too much at times, but I expect him to find that balance with experience.

What's funny is before the season I thought not bringing enough energy would be his biggest challenge. 100% wrong about that
Vernada
AG
OP has a terrible opinion.
mjfrog
AG
Not a great audio voice. Other than that, he might just be the best color commentator of all time. Although Ron Wolfley is a close second. :-)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.