Trade suggested on here getting protested

668 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Enviroag02
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So based on my Dak vs Ryan thread, a trade was accepted where:

I give: Matt Ryan and Amari Cooper
I get: Jameis Winston and Michael Crabtree

4 out of the 10 teams in the league have protested already. I, as the commissioner, see nothing wrong with it at all. Yes, Winston has better stats than Matt Ryan and Crabtree has better stats that Cooper. The guy getting Matt Ryan needs him this week as he had Rodgers. Thoughts?

edited..its a 10 team league
ac04
this is a great example of why i won't play in leagues with voting on trades. it doesn't work. terrible rule, get rid of it.
Gigemags382
AG
That is absolutely a fair trade, and even more so given the circumstances.

The guy you're trading with is 1-5 and has to win NOW. He is very unlikely to do that with a gimpy Winston (if playing at all) this week compared to Matt Ryan playing the NE secondary. Who knows if Winston even gets back to full health at all this year.

Matt Ryan is a buy low candidate for ROS anyways.

The other teams in the league just don't like that the better team (you) is getting better.

It's reasonable to veto if the 1-5 team is "mailing it in". But this isn't a "mailing it in" trade. He's trying to win.

Owner veto rules are stupid for this very reason.

Edit: I see that you say they've protested, rather than veto'd. Go ahead and approve the trade as the commish and move on.
Enviroag02
AG
oh its not a voting rights league. It's a commissioner approval league. The problem is I'm the commissioner and they believe I'm screwing a guy in last place who just lost his best player. I could easily approve it, and it goes final at the risk of pissing everyone else off.
ac04
there's nothing wrong with the trade. if the children get upset, replace them with adults next season.
Enviroag02
AG
I think a big part of the disagreement is that they guy is 1-5 and stands 0 chance to make the playoffs so the other managers think he should just sit on his hands and watch his team suck the rest of the season. With Ryan as his QB he is now projected to get 2 more wins than before the trade, but still well out of playoff contention.
ac04
until he's mathematically eliminated he should be able to attempt to compete however he sees fit. its his team. i'm irritated just reading about this.
Gigemags382
AG
Again, that's because you getting better hurts their chances and they don't like it.

A 1-5 team is not out in fantasy football. Long-shot, but not out. If I'm sitting at 1-5 and can make a trade to increase my projected wins by 2 (not sure what the projections are based on, but just going based off that), I'm obviously taking it.
Gigemags382
AG
I do my own projections for my league (first year doing it and it's just based on my own theories; so, not saying it's reliable but it's been pretty solid so far).

There's two 1-5 teams in my league (tied for last place). 10 team league. 4 teams make the playoffs. One has a 1.6% chance of making the playoffs. The other has a 0.1% chance.

So there's a chance.

If he was trading Winston and Crabtree for two back-up RB lottery picks, that's one thing. But that's not what's happening.
Ag_07
AG
Enviroag02 said:

I think a big part of the disagreement is that they guy is 1-5 and stands 0 chance to make the playoffs so the other managers think he should just sit on his hands and watch his team suck the rest of the season.

This is why we do a side pot for the high scorer of the week. Each team pays a $200 entry fee and high scorer each week wins $100. The rest pays out to league winner.

This way even teams who are out of contention have a reason (or in this case justification) to stay competitive every week.
EliteZags
AG
past performance is not indicative of future results

in fact based you're giving away more historical value and one could argue Ryan and Cooper could easily end up performing better ROS
EliteZags
AG
show your league this chat no one here with a right mind will support the veto
Enviroag02
AG
Well this trade is going well so far haha...Cooper
Enviroag02
AG
Even better now...
Gigemags382
AG
Hope your league mates eat crow for being pansies
Enviroag02
AG
Marcus Peters needs to switch and cover Cooper
Gigemags382
AG
I offered a trade today giving Jackson to get Cooper. Other owner didn't accept or decline yet. I just went ahead and cancelled the offer. That ship has sailed haha
Gigemags382
AG
Watch Cooper set both the yardage and TD record in this game...
Gigemags382
AG
Wow almost grabbed another long one. Should've had it
Enviroag02
AG
Had a couple drops now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.