Dak vs SF or Ryan vs NE?

869 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KidDoc
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New England is the No. 1 QB friendly matchup, but San Fran isnt a bad matchup either. I'm leaning Dak though.
Gigemags382
AG
That's a tough one. I think they're a tie, and almost any rankings out there say the same thing.

In case of a tie at QB, I think you have to go with Vegas.

NE -3.5; 55 total
DAL -6; 46.5 total

Not only does NE have the higher total, it's also more likely to be a competitive game, whereas DAL is more likely to be a blowout in the 2nd half and running the ball, especially with Zeke eligible for this game.

Of course, that is already factored into most analyst's ranking's for this week (Dak would be fairly significantly higher than Ryan in ROS rankings). But I still think you have to go with Ryan here.
Enviroag02
AG
Yeah for ROS I'm trying to trade Ryan to the Rodgers/Winston owner.
Gigemags382
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Yeah for ROS I'm trying to trade Ryan to the Rodgers/Winston owner.
Ouch for them. They probably need Ryan this week then, right? Couldn't you get more out of them by selling right now on the fact that Ryan has a great matchup this week when they need it most (Winston may not even play).

I'd try to get something pretty hefty out of Ryan right now, and start Dak this week.
Enviroag02
AG
I obviously had high hopes to get something good out of the Rodgers/Winston owner for Matt Ryan. The problem is he's in last place with only 1 win and a pretty craptastic team. It's a stupidly bad team.

QB: Rodgers/Winston
WR: Evans, D. Thomas, Crabtree, Wallace, Moncrief, Britt
RB: D. Murray, Abdullah
TE: Bennett, Witten, Julius Thomas

He needs serious QB, RB, TE help. It's a 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 2 Flex league. I'd really only be interested in his top 3 WR's. I have Brown, Baldwin, Cooper, Funchess, Corey Davis and my RB's are Howard, Martin, Lynch, Mixon, Kamara, and my TE is Brate. So if I wanted Evans, I'd likely have to move either Martin or Brate since on the same team but he has no TE I'd want. If I wanted Crabtree, which I do, I'd have to move Cooper.
Gigemags382
AG
10-12 team league? I don't think his team is THAT bad. His players have definitely had several dud games, so I can see how he only has 1 win. But ROS I still don't see them as being so terrible.

If you're willing to roll with Dak as your only QB for ROS, I think Ryan + Cooper for Crabtree would be a good deal for both of your teams.

Edit: Actually, I think you should try Ryan + Cooper for Crabtree + Winston first. He has 1 win, so he HAS to win this week. Take advantage of that. Winston likely isn't playing (and even if he does, has a tough matchup @ BUF) and Ryan is a top 4 QB this week. If he doesn't accept, decide whether it's worth it if you leave Winston off.
Enviroag02
AG
It's a 10 team league. His only win came this past week even with the Rodgers injury.

FYI...I'm also playing against him this week.
DeeBo55
Rule of thumb this year has been anyone playing NE. Also more likely ATL will be behind and throwing while Dak will be ahead and sitting on it.
Enviroag02
AG
I'm not sure you have been watching the games. Have you seen the Dallas defense?! Dak is projected better ROS than Matt Ryan pretty much universally. Realized you may have been referencing just this week's matchup. I agree its better for Ryan; although I've been very underwhelmed by the new Falcons OC.

I got Winston and Crabtree for Ryan and Cooper. Crabtree was just barely the better fantasy WR vs Cooper last year with more touchdowns, and he obviously looks much better this year. At least Carr looks his way in the redzone.
W
AG
the problem with Matt Ryan...he's already had a few plum matchups this season and not delivered the TD's.

Detroit's and Miami's pass defenses are in the bottom half of the league.

I would be okay with starting Dak
W
AG
the Falcons offense is a mess. Shut out in the 1st half vs. the Patriots
KidDoc
AG
I would have picked Ryan this week too but I would have been wrong. Props to Dak and the Falcon's offense is a mess. Double cover Julio and they are lost.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.