FF backup QB

790 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
txjortsagent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bortles or Hundley? Deshaun Watson is my starter, and he's on bye. Need backup for remainder of season as I just traded Big Ben.
Tressels Vest
AG
Cason Palmer available?
ac04
think you just need a backup for this week. i would pick the best matchup for week 7, then roll with just watson and use that extra roster spot on a RB/WR with some upside.
oh no
AG
Hundley or whomever for this week then drop.. after Watson's bye, you shouldn't need a second QB.

what about Alex Smith? Goff? Tyrod Taylor?

W
AG
Taylor is a decent play this week at home vs. the Bucs
txjortsagent
AG
none of those guys are available. i feel like i need to carry an extra qb. i think i should just take bortles because if rodgers comes back, hundley is useless.
ac04
pretty sure bortles will likely be hanging around on waivers later in that very unlikely scenario. if not, someone very similar will be.
oh no
AG
bortles is always pretty useless though.

hell, C.J. Beathard is facing he Cowboys defense at home this week... you could start him over Bortles right now.
mhc06
oh no said:

what about Alex Smith? Goff? Tyrod Taylor?

LOL the #3 ranked QB in fpts (3pts away from #1)??? some guy in another thread just traded Smith for Ajayi straightup, although I do think your perceived value of him is prob closer to actual than that.. he's only gonna be available in like 6 team leagues though if that
Tressels Vest
AG
Hi.

I'd take Bethard over Bortles. Bortles is not being asked to throw the ball with fournette killing it. He's more of a game manager than Smith in previous versions. Plus, half the td passes he throws are going the other way.

Bethard had a decent second half last week.
oh no
AG
he remained available for the first five weeks in my 10-team league (up until week 6 -second week of bye weeks)
Tressels Vest
AG
oh no said:

he remained available for the first five weeks in my 10-team league (up until week 6 -second week of bye weeks)

I picked him up in week 3 or 4. Wentz was available too so I snagged him when Carr got hurt. Someone beat me to Watson that week.

It's slim pickings now unless Trubisky gets going. Palmer and Rivers are all that's left in my league.

I do see that Smith is still available in 12% of espn leagues, crazy.
EliteZags
AG
Just traded Palmer and Maclin for Demaryius surprisingly

Was starting to question how long I wanted to hold Palmer backing up Cam anyways taking up a bench spot
ac04
bad QBs will have much better matchups than they do this week, and teams carrying backup QBs will start to drop them off as they struggle with bye weeks at other positions. welcome to the world of streaming QBs.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Someone in my 14 team PPR league lost Rodgers and just traded Amari Cooper for Alex Smith, straight up. Not sure what the guy giving up Smith was thinking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.