Second Half Positional Rankings

721 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JTrainsBabyCousin
theSCHW4B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Depending on if you play a 12 or 13 week schedule, we are at the half way point of the Fantasy Football regular season. How would you rank the top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs going forward? Mine would look like this:

QB
1. Tom Brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Deshaun Watson
4. Dak Prescott
5. Cam Newton

RB
1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Kareem Hunt
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Todd Gurley

WR
1. Antonio Brown
2. A.J. Green
3. DeAndre Hopkins
4. Mike Evans
5. Julio Jones

Would your rankings look any different?

Also, shameless plug. I started a podcast with a few friends called "Fantasy and Chill". Check it out on the iTunes podcast app. I think it's pretty decent. Would love some feedback on it if you do get around to listening to it. Thanks!
Removed:15444557
What about the 14 week regular season leagues? J/K.

Interesting topic and I was wondering what other people use to evaluate the value of players for the remainder of the season, rather than simply valuing/ranking them based on what they have done thus far. I use fantasypros ROS rankings but am unsure if there is a better reference out there.

I have my top 5 at those positions as the following:

QB
1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Ryan (so many weapons there and already had his bye)
4. Prescott (already had his bye and may be throwing more without Zeke)
5. Watson
Cam, Wilson, Cousins, Mariota area all close to breaking in my top 5 and I don't know how I would order them.

RB
1. Bell
2. Fournette
3. Gurley
4. Hunt
5. Gordon
Freeman and McCoy are the only other two that I could potentially toss in as my #5 instead of Gordon since they both have had their bye already and Gordon hasn't.

WR
1. Brown
2. Green
3. Evans
4. Hopkins
5. Julio
M Thomas, and Dez are the only other two that could potentially take over Julio's spot but it's not that close. Not liking Jordy as much without Rodgers.
Enviroag02
AG
I have both Matt Ryan and Dak. The Rodgers owner, also with Winston, wants Matt Ryan. I'm having trouble figuring out what his value is. The only players on his team that have much value are: Mike Evans, Demarco Murray, Crabtree, and Demaryius Thomas. It's more complex since I have Amari Cooper, Brate, and Doug Martin so trades for Crabtree or Evans would likely have to involve them as I wouldnt want too many players from the same team. With that said..my rankings:

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Prescott
4. Watson
5. Cousins

1. Bell
2. Fournette
3. Hunt
4. Gordon
5. Gurley (tough schedule from what I hear)

1. Brown
2. Green
3. Hopkins
4. Julio
5. Evans
theSCHW4B
AG
I'm not going to lie. When I did my rankings I completely forgot about Matt Ryan. Still not sure if I would have him above Cam though. I think the Falcons are putting a bigger emphasis on running the ball with Freeman and Coleman. Wouldn't have him above Dak for sure. This is about to be the Dak show for the next 6 weeks.
ac04
brady
brees
dak
watson
wilson

hunt
bell
fournette
gurley
gordon

brown
green
hopkins
evans
thomas
JTrainsBabyCousin
Fitzgerald has scored more fantasy points than every receiver in my league outside of Hopkins, Green and Brown.. no love for the legend.
ac04
older players tend to wear down more over the course of the season than younger guys. see larry's 2016 game log. or 2015.
JTrainsBabyCousin
ac04 said:

older players tend to wear down more over the course of the season than younger guys. see larry's 2016 game log. or 2015.
Touche.. Still think he's good to have on your roster.

JTrainsBabyCousin
Thomas hasn't done much of anything this year.. Maybe Snead will take some defensive pressure off of him and free him up for more targets..
theSCHW4B
AG
For me, it came down to Cam over Wilson, Gurley over Freeman, and Julio over Thomas.
W
AG
the Falcons offense has been a huge disappointment. Matt Ryan has just 6 TD's (and 6 INT's) in 5 games. He's has to really pick it up to reach 25 TD's for the season...much less 30.

Brees has been better, but he's not going to come close to 5,000 yards and 37 TD's this season. Currently at 1,300 yards and 10 TD's.

I'd list the QB's in order as:

Brady
Watson
Wentz
Dak
Brees
JTrainsBabyCousin
Agreed on Wentz.. Dude is a player.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.