Zeke suspension begins now

2,381 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Southlake
Pignorant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

rsf0626
Doesnt this just mean the process just starts all over again? Elliots camp will certainly file for another appeal in NY
BMX Bandit
yes, he will file in NY.

and likely lose the TRO based on the Brady case
ac04
Gigemags382
AG
And still no freaking clue who his handcuff is. I can hardly afford 1 roster spot to pick up Morris or DMC, much less 2 for both.

All y'all just saying screw it, or picking up 1 (which?), or both?
gigem1223
I picked up Morris. Have a hard time believing that McFadden is going to go from not suiting up at all to being the #1.
rsf0626
I wish he would have just take the suspension from week 1. It would almost be over already.....he should know that precedent says he wasnt going to win in the end anyways
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
So stupid. Football is the best sport. The NFL is the worst league.
Panama Red
AG
Does this mean Jerry is no longer getting Goodell fired?
Enviroag02
AG
One guy in my league picked up Morris and another picked up McFadden. Will be interesting to see coming out of the bye!
AgEng06
AG
Yup, I'm ****ed. Already lost DJ, ARob, and Sproles (who were quality depth), and now Zeke.

I picked up Morris a week ago, so hopefully he take over.
Kashchei
AG
My disgust with the NFL only continues to grow this season
Ag_07
AG
I'm confused...If he's gonna file an appeal in NY why does it start now? Can't you play while you appeal?
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
AgEng06 said:

Yup, I'm ****ed. Already lost DJ, ARob, and Sproles (who were quality depth), and now Zeke.

I picked up Morris a week ago, so hopefully he take over.

F**** here too. In one league I've lost DJ, Olsen, now Zeke. Just waiting for the powers that be to strike down Nuke and Brady to put me out of my misery.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigemags382
AG
Ware (early draft), ARob, Carson, Zeke. Argh.
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

I'm confused...If he's gonna file an appeal in NY why does it start now? Can't you play while you appeal?

You can play while you appeal within the collective-bargaining agreement. That appeal ended long ago.

The reason he could play the last few weeks was because he got a temporary restraining order from the court saying the arbitration "award" was unenforceable. But now that TRO is gone.

So he would have to get a TRO in the New York Court if He wants to play
ApachePilot
AG
I grabbed both 2 weeks ago in both my leagues. I'm pretty happy

Now which one do I start?!?!
Ag_07
AG
From PFT

Quote:

Without him, the Cowboys will rely on a running back by committee with Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden and Rod Smith.

The Cowboys will have a different look without Elliott, who has 105 carries and 17 receptions this season. They will mix and match and make do with Morris, McFadden and Smith.
ac04
i think its DMC but i'm not real confident about any of them becoming fantasy relevant long-term.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
This will probably improve the cowboys' running game!
The Lost
out OBJ, Olsen and now Zeke, goal now is to not get last
MooreTrucker
AG
Ag_07 said:

From PFT

Quote:

Without him, the Cowboys will rely on a running back by committee with Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden and Rod Smith.

The Cowboys will have a different look without Elliott, who has 105 carries and 17 receptions this season. They will mix and match and make do with Morris, McFadden and Smith.

Not that it'll make a ton of difference the way Zeke's been doing anyway.
Macarthur
Am I crazy for wanting to see what Rod Smith can do behind that OL?
Tressels Vest
AG
And now he's back for a week or two.
W
AG
sets him up to be finally suspended for good for the fantasy playoffs
ApachePilot
AG
Damn it Zeke. Just do your time. You're hosing me in fantasy
AgEng06
AG
This up and down **** is just ridiculous.
MooreTrucker
AG
ApachePilot said:

Damn it Zeke. Just do your time. You're hosing me in fantasy
I have him and he's doing OK for me.
MooreTrucker
AG
Tressels Vest said:

And now he's back for a week or two.
Because the judge is on vacation.
Ag_07
AG
This entire process is a complete CF.

The new CBA needs to include an revamped appeals process that keeps these things internally with the NFL and out of the court system.

Right now it's a joke.
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

This entire process is a complete CF.

The new CBA needs to include an revamped appeals process that keeps these things internally with the NFL and out of the court system.

Right now it's a joke.

That is something the players would never agree to, and also is not legally possible.
Hey...so.. um
How about for subjective suspensions, the NFL sues the player in civil court during the off-season. They go through normal court proceedings and it is all open and fair for the player and holds the league accountable.

Direct policy violations such as illegal hits, substance abuse and PED would follow current rules. We seem to have no issues with these.
ac04
the players have much bigger concerns than discipline. that is not a hill they're going to die on in the next CBA negotiations despite it being completely absurd and out of control.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I know, but maybe they'd be less reluctant to take these through the court system if they had an internal appeals process they were in favor of.

Yes they agreed to Goodell being the judge and jury and they're living with that now, but maybe they can come to some agreement on a process that players can live with that doesn't result in every suspension being drug out for months in the court system.

Damn near impossible I know, but it'd be a breath of fresh air it could get figured out.
Southlake
Very distracting to the team. Just take it now and let's look forward to next year with no worries.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.