***Buy Low/Sell High***

2,314 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Removed:15444557
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone trying to buy/sell at this point?
What trades are y'all trying to make?
Gigemags382
AG
Buy low:
Terrell Pryor
AJ Green

Sell high:
CJ Anderson
Todd Gurley
Dalvin Cook

Saint Pablo
I am interested in targeting Gurley honestly
Gigemags382
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I am interested in targeting Gurley honestly
You're going to have to pay a pretty penny for him, and he's got a tough schedule ahead.
Saint Pablo
Didn't even think to look at his schedule...he's had a pretty easy one thus far. I have him in my less competitive league.
rtimber
Sell: Eifert and Martavis Bryant

Receive: Landry and Marty B
W
AG
the Seattle offense is interesting...

Wilson, Graham, and Baldwin would not cost much right now.

but as alluded to with Gurley and Carlos Hyde...all of the NFC West teams play above average defense. The games tend to be low-scoring affairs
bdgol07
AG
I'm targeting a QB and an upgrade at WR...This seems like a good time to sell on Gurley

Give: Gurley and Keenan Allen
Get: Big Ben and AJ Green

Have Goff at QB and Leveon and Montgomery at RB and MBryant, ACooper, Lockett, and MJones at WR currently

12 team ppr

Having 3 options on one offense is a little concerning though
Gigemags382
AG
How deep is your league? Is Goff really the best QB you can get? I don't absolutely hate the trade if Goff really is the best you can get. But otherwise I'd be looking at streaming QBs before I'd be giving up boarderline RB1 and WR1 players for what you're getting in return.

I have Gurley as a sell high candidate and AJ Green as a buy low candidate, but I don't really feel like you're getting a good deal out of this.

Think about it this way. If we were drafting today, in a 10 team league my guess is Green would probably go near the top of the 2nd round, and Roethlisberger would probably be going anywhere between 8-12th round. You're giving up players who would be both be going around late 2nd & early 3rd round. That's definitely not a good trade from a drafting perspective.
mike_ags_fan12
I would hold on to Gurley, schedule and all. He is that offense
Saint Pablo
I feel like you should be able to hold onto Gurley and Keenan Allen and use some of those lesser value flex worthy players to get a QB straight up or in a 2 for 2
bdgol07
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I feel like you should be able to hold onto Gurley and Keenan Allen and use some of those lesser value flex worthy players to get a QB straight up or in a 2 for 2
After what I have been getting in trade options....I think this is the plan. People see Gurley as a way to dump an under performing player and right now the overall value to move him isn't there.
Saint Pablo
That is your best bet...it is possible that Gurley ends up being a top 5-10 back and Keenan Allen ends up as a top 5-10 WR...the talent is there and Gurley is in a better situation than last year and Keenan Allen is obviously healthy.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
What about trying to ditch CJ Anderson for Ezekiel Eliott?

Gigemags382
AG
Is Elliott practically 100% certain to be eligible the entire season now?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
What about sell high on Montgomery?
NoahAg
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Not me. He was my flex, but now I plan on riding him as RB1. He's so vital to the GB offense, especially w/ Jordy and Cobb hurt/underperforming.

If/ when Sam Bradford comes back, after his next big game I'm selling the crap outta Adam Thielen if I can.
Gigemags382
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I think Hunt and Montgomery are studs in those offenses and should not be sold unless you're getting Bell for Hunt (and even then I'm not so sure) or at least top 5 RB for Montgomery. Anderson I have more concerns about and I think is a sell high.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Thanks, guys. I had the same thoughts, but wasn't sure about Montgomery holding up for a full season.

Trying to get something from the guy with DJ, but can't work anything out. I've got Bell and Montgomery at RB, but a pretty big drop off after that. I guess Ingram is my RB3. PPR
bdgol07
AG
What is everyone's opinion on Amari Cooper? Still the #1 option slightly ahead of Crabtree?
Gigemags382
AG
bdgol07 said:

What is everyone's opinion on Amari Cooper? Still the #1 option slightly ahead of Crabtree?
I don't own either.

Personally I have no interest in trading for either of them. Too uncertain to me who is going to come out on top. I would be selling high on Crabtree big-time if there's anyone biting with a WR1 or RB1 (possibly a panic-selling AJ Green owner - I own AJ Green and would not do that trade). I would likely be holding on Cooper, unless anyone's selling me a bona-fide WR1, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

bdgol07
AG
GiGeMaGs11 said:

bdgol07 said:

I don't own either.

Personally I have no interest in trading for either of them. Too uncertain to me who is going to come out on top. I would be selling high on Crabtree big-time if there's anyone biting with a WR1 or RB1 (possibly a panic-selling AJ Green owner - I own AJ Green and would not do that trade). I would likely be holding on Cooper, unless anyone's selling me a bona-fide WR1, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

LOL....Are you in my league? Green's owner is trying to get Gurley bad and has talked about Cooper instead of Allen.

Trade would be Green and Big Ben for Gurley and Cooper.....This has piqued my interest
Gigemags382
AG
bdgol07 said:

GiGeMaGs11 said:

bdgol07 said:

I don't own either.

LOL....Are you in my league? Green's owner is trying to get Gurley bad and has talked about Cooper instead of Allen.

Trade would be Green and Big Ben for Gurley and Cooper.....This has piqued my interest
But as I mentioned earlier, Big Ben kills that trade for you.

You trading Cooper for Green straight up is a good trade for you IMO. But adding in you giving Gurley for Big Ben absolutely kills it for you.
Ag_07
AG
I think Gurley is a keep rather than a sell high.

They've realized they need to get him the ball and he's become a nice weapon to throw to out of the backfield.

I'm holding on to Gurley.
bdgol07
AG
GiGeMaGs11 said:

bdgol07 said:

GiGeMaGs11 said:

bdgol07 said:

I don't own either.

But as I mentioned earlier, Big Ben kills that trade for you.

You trading Cooper for Green straight up is a good trade for you IMO. But adding in you giving Gurley for Big Ben absolutely kills it for you.
Well.....He's off of Allen and this is a better option to keep the talks going but I agree. With Goff and Simien, I think QB streams is the best option for now.
Tressels Vest
AG
Sell or no sell: Gillislee.

Currently my RB4 behind Gordon, Elliott, and Montgomery. WRs are Cooks and Tyreek.

Trying to land Jordy.
Gigemags382
AG
Tressels Vest said:

Sell or no sell: Gillislee.

Currently my RB4 behind Gordon, Elliott, and Montgomery. WRs are Cooks and Tyreek.

Trying to land Jordy.
Umm if you can get Jordy Nelson for Gillislee then that's one of the biggest no-brainers of the year. I can't imagine why his owner would do that though, unless there's something about his injury status that I'm not aware of.

But yes, Gillislee is definitely a sell in my mind if someone is willing to pay for him based on his production so far. He's not going to average 2 TDs per game. Especially with your running backs, I would be looking to get a WR2 from someone for him.

Do you think whoever has Pryor in your league is in need of a running back and would do that trade? I think that's a great sell high / buy low for you (that is if this miracle Jordy trade doesn't work).
Gigemags382
AG
Great Beard of Zeus said:

What about trying to ditch CJ Anderson for Ezekiel Eliott?

Thank you sir for the tip. I hadn't considered this until you brought it up. The guy in my league who has Elliott also has Freeman. I had T Coleman, so I offered him CJ Anderson & T Coleman (handcuff for his Freeman) and he accepted. Huge trade for me.
Noble07
AG
Someone wants to trade me Amari Cooper for Deandre Hopkins. Do I take that?
Gigemags382
AG
I would certainly say so. I'm not a fan of trading for Cooper right now with the uncertainty of how much production Crabtree's going to take from him, but there's a lot of production to be had in that offense. Quite the opposite for Hopkins in Houston unfortunately. I have Hopkins, and would take Cooper for him if offered.
Gigemags382
AG
GiGeMaGs11 said:

Buy low:
Terrell Pryor
AJ Green

Sell high:
CJ Anderson
Todd Gurley
Dalvin Cook

Well I've missed on one already (for now at least) with Gurley scoring 2 TDs in the first quarter.
Ag_07
AG
Hope none of y'all traded Gurley. Looks like last week wasn't his high.
Gigemags382
AG
Good grief Gurly, 3 TDs in the first half. Glad I'm not playing against him this week. Already got hit by Hunt and Kelce last week.
bdgol07
AG
Gurley is officially off of the trading block until someone makes ridiculous offer
Ag_07
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think Gurley is a keep rather than a sell high.

They've realized they need to get him the ball and he's become a nice weapon to throw to out of the backfield.

I'm holding on to Gurley.

Called it
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.