CJ Anderson and AJ Green for Bell and Cooks

689 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Gigemags382
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm interested in selling high on Anderson and offloading Green on name value if I can. I've been looking around my league to see if there's anything that might work. One guy in my league has Bell and Cooks. I thought he had one of the best drafts at the time, but he practically laid a goose egg in week 1 and is in danger of losing week 2 pending the Giants defense. In my mind, they're two great buy-low candidates.

Would this be a smart trade for me? Would you entertain it if you were him?

10 team, non-PPR league.

My team:

Starters:
QB Winston
RBs Ajayi, Anderson
WRs Green, M Thomas
TE Rudolph
FLEX DeAndre Hopkins
DST Raiders
K Bailey

Bench:
QB Cousins
RBs Ingram, T Coleman, Cohen, Gore, Peterson
WRs Cobb

His team:

Starters:
QB Brees
RBs Bell, McCaffrey
WRs Cooks, Watkins
TE Grownkowski
FLEX M Bryant
DST Giants
K Dustin Hopkins

Bench:
QB Prescott
RBs Abdullah, Kamara, Perine
WRs Landry
TE Henry
DST Chiefs

If he's fed up with Bell and Cooks, do you think he'd go for it? If not, what if I also gave Hopkins for Watkins? I do like Hopkins and think Watson is going to continue to give him a ton of targets, so would prefer to not give him up.
Ag_07
AG
Selling on name value is a mistake. Wait until he has some value after a big game and sell high.

Bench him and play Hopkins in your WR1 spot and fill in that FLEX based on matchups.

Saint Pablo
I would definitely do that if I were you...I would not entertain it if I were him.

LeVeon is going to get his as long as he is healthy...I expect him to bounce back. I suckered someone into taking Leonard Fournette and DaVante Adams for him and Michael Crabtree
Gigemags382
AG
Ag_07 said:

Selling on name value is a mistake. Wait until he has some value after a big game and sell high.

Bench him and play Hopkins in your WR1 spot and fill in that FLEX based on matchups.

I hardly think AJ Green is at the point of being benched. You really think so? He's still WR5 on the two WR rest of season rankings put out today on Fantasy Pros. I get that he's likely not that high. But benched?
Ag_07
AG
Oh I don't know. NonPPR I think it needs to be an option. I'd have to look closer at what your bench players are doing, but at this point AJ has been pretty much a non factor especially without the PPR. I just assumed you were fed up with him and if you were looking to unload him on name sake then you were OK with benching him.

Either way I'd keep him until he has a big game. At least until a game or two with the new OC. You never...The new OC may have a game plan based on getting the ball to AJ.
Daddy-O5
AG
I'm not all in on selling Anderson high, but if you are going to I guess it would be worth shooting for the stars. I would reject it however if I'm on the other side of your proposal.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
You guys think Cooks is a buy low guy? I think he may just not be that good. This is exactly what he did last year. I drafted him this year thinking he could be the guy in NE but I'm ready to trade hims for a pile of rocks.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Floyd Falcon Sr said:

You guys think Cooks is a buy low guy? I think he may just not be that good. This is exactly what he did last year. I drafted him this year thinking he could be the guy in NE but I'm ready to trade hims for a pile of rocks.

I like buying cooks low more than AJ
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.