***Week 3 Waiver Wire***

2,419 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gigemags382
Gigemags382
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose06 said:

I have Murray in one league and instead of trading Murray for trash I'm trying to trade for Henry. Not sure that's the right approach but that's where I am at...

That's very unlikely to happen. And certainly not in my league where a Bama fan owns Henry haha
Goose06
AG
In my league a hard core Niners fan owns him. Too bad I don't have any niners trade bate. Also complicating matters, it's a keeper league and Henry is a high upside option there. What's helping me is he is 0-2 and he needs someone who can help him win now, not wait and see who gets the workload in Tennessee. We will see, my first volley was to offer Carson and Hurns, but I'm not expecting an acceptance.
EliteZags
AG
gigem1223 said:

EliteZags said:

I would take Henry over any and all of your RBs it's a total joke he isn't owned already, but likely too late now after that performance unless u have top waiver priority

Not sure why you're rostering West in the first place, especially in a league shallow enough where Henry is a FA

Considering West has been the better fantasy rb up to this point....

Henry is available because someone made the decision to drop him last week. This is a 12 team league, so not shallow at all. But thanks for the condescending advise.

I assumed shallow given the fact that you even had to ask whether Henry was worth picking up, he's undeniably worth more than any RB on your roster whoever dropped him is a complete idiot
But this is all erroneous because you won't get him unless you have number 1 waiver priority
claym711
AG
Pickup Candidates:

Chris Carson
Matt Forte
JJ Nelson
Allen Hurns
Marqise Lee

Roster:
Brady

Alshon J
Fitz
Golden Tate
TY Hilton
Garcon
R Cobb

LeSean
Jordan Howard
Tarik Cohen
Frank Gore
Bilal Powell

I was expecting more out of Powell, but after 2 weeks it looks like Forte is the back to own, although both are low value.

And, thinking about replacing Gore with Carson, although neither has much upside.

Not sure I can drop any of my WRs for Nelson but open to it.
Gigemags382
AG
I would definitely drop Powell or Gore for Carson (Powell first). I would not drop any of your receivers for Nelson. Hilton and Garcon are two of my buy low candidates (Hilton only if things trend toward Luck returning by Week 7-ish). I would not be dumping them yet. Cobb has too much upside if he's healthy. Nelson's offense sucks too much to drop Cobb for him.

If you want Nelson and don't get Carson, I would drop Powell for Nelson.
Gigemags382
AG
GiGeMaGs11 said:

Should my top 3 waiver picks be in this order? I know Peterson is drop-able from my team. Is Gore drop-able for any/all of the below 3?

Carson
Hogan
Snead

Starters:
QB Winston
RBs Ajayi, Anderson
WRs Green, M Thomas
TE Rudolph
FLEX Hopkins
DST Raiders
K Bailey

Bench:
QB Cousins
RBs Ingram, Coleman, Cohen, Gore, Peterson
WRs Cobb
I'm starting to re-think this now. I had already decided to move Snead above Hogan. But should I put JJ Nelson above them? Been seeing a lot of discussion about him, but I don't know how to evaluate him in comparison to Snead and Hogan. Ironically I just told the poster above that his offense sucks too much, but supposedly he could be the real deal. Still don't think I would take him over Cobb, but I'm uncertain where Snead/the Saints offense stand and Hogan can just be so hit and miss on the Patriots offense. Seems like Nelson could be a star on a team that badly needs a playmaker. Thoughts?

That would put my waivers order like this, with AP being dropped for Carson, and if I get him then I would be dropping Gore for Nelson, Snead, or Hogan:

Carson
JJ Nelson
Snead
Hogan
Señor Chang
AG
My starting QB is Cousins, who has had a slow start. Rivers and Cutler are both free agents. Recommend picking up one of them, or sticking with Cousins?
Gigemags382
AG
Cousins is a strong play this week vs Oakland, so I wouldn't worry about grabbing another QB now unless you have an open roster spot. If Cousins does poorly this weekend, it probably means he's not a QB1 this year and you'll probably be streaming QBs going forward.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.