NFL RZ and Sunday Ticket

6 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Floyd Falcon Sr
DuckDown2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags,

Is it not possible to get NFL redzone by itself any more through Direct Tv?

Also- anybody had success calling customer retention center and leveraging for a discount on Sunday ticket? My bill is too high for me to not be getting the NFL package in my opinion. If Direct TV i un-willing to work with me, I think I am going to switch to somebody that will.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Not through Direct. Have to have Sunday ticket to have RedZone with them.

Pretty much every other provider has RedZone as a standalone option... mainly because they don't have the exclusive rights to sunday ticket like Directv does.
ac04
they will tell you red zone isn't available as a stand-alone, but it is.

and yes, its the price is very negotiable if you threaten to cancel. they are hemorrhaging customers and freaking out. you're a bit late in the game at this point (should have started before season) but you can probably still work something out. if not totally free then heavily discounted at least.
DuckDown2013
AG
ac04 said:

and yes, its the price is very negotiable if you threaten to cancel. they are hemorrhaging customers and freaking out. you're a bit late in the game at this point (should have started before season) but you can probably still work something out. if not totally free then heavily discounted at least.
I think timing will be "okay" since they provided Sunday Ticket for free for week 1 like usual.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
ac04 said:

Never knew this.

Never was a problem since I always had sunday ticket, though.
ac04
DuckDown2013 said:

ac04 said:

I think timing will be "okay" since they provided Sunday Ticket for free for week 1 like usual.
you'll probably be ok, but the rep i spoke to this year mentioned they have more freedom to give deals before the season starts. but yeah, they will negotiate - i haven't paid for sunday ticket since the 2014 season when i paid half. they will give in if you press hard enough. some guys on another forum i read had to go as far as actually setting up a cancel date, but eventually DTV caved.
DuckDown2013
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

ac04 said:

Never knew this.

Never was a problem since I always had sunday ticket, though.
I want Sunday ticket, but I am confident that I don't need to pay the full-price or maybe even at all in order to get it. Why not just leverage their competition against them? Free market!
DuckDown2013
AG
In doing some more research, it sounds like there are A LOT of people who do this with regular success. I am going to research some of my other options from competitors in order to have my ducks in a row when I go into battle.
ac04
sling TV offers red zone for $10 a month i think. say the words "cut the cord" and you're good to go.
Wife is an Aggie
Matsui
AG
I have Spectrum (Charter/Time Warner) and I get RedZone with the Sports Pack which is $10 a month.
benMath08
AG
I used to do the "give me redzone or I quit" song and dance with DirecTV every year. Now I just have PSVue and I probably pay a couple hundred less per year overall and don't have to waste an hour talking to someone who hates their job as much as I hate calling them every year.
BarryProfit
Wife is an Aggie said:

Had DTV and when DTVNow came out I put my account on 6 month suspension to see if I would like DTV Now and also take advantage of the free apple TV and lock in the $35/mo price. I am completely satisfied with DTVNow and had no plan to going back to paying $125+ a month for DTV so I called to cancel. I owed $100 for early termination, which I would have been fine paying.

My account was on suspension still but DTV had sent me the box to return my equipment. Over the next couple of weeks they called me a ton but I never picked up and never talked to them.

Finally one day I decided to answer and this is ultimately how it went. I figured I would hear them out as the only thing I was interested in was possibly getting Sunday Ticket and RZ channel.

My plan is to cancel DTV and terminate my contract 4 months from now after football is over. I did have to sign a new 12 month contract.

My new bill I negotiated (after taxes and fees) $70/month.

So $70x4= $280.
8 months remaining * 20/month for ETF = $160
Cost of new contract = $440
Less $100 for the ETF I currently owed.
Less the $200 visa gift card they are sending me
Less the one time $75 credit they applied to the account.
Actual cost of new contract = $65.
Then after they said my services should be reactivated I realized my DTV wasn't working and needed a tech to come out, scheduled tech out a week - so credit back 1 week work of services ~$15, so really only $50.

So I essentially am paying $50 for four months of full DTV service which includes Sunday Ticket Max, redzone, all premium channels for 3 months.

I essentially just saved myself $50 as I would have been out $100 today for the ETF to completely cut ties with DTV.

My advice, call and cancel - don't accept any offers then, set cancellation date for 2 or 3 weeks out. Wait for DTV loyalty department to call you about 20 times and pick up the phone a few days before service is set to be cancelled.

Wow, great work, don't spend that $50 all in one place.
DuckDown2013
AG
UPDATE:
Called direct tv this morning and threatened to cancel.

They gave me a free dvr upgrade on my second unit, NFL Sunday ticket max, and I'm saving $30/month going forward.
boy09
AG
DirecTV Now was allegedly adding the Redzone channel before the start of the NFL season, but there are still no signs of that...

I was over at a friend's house yesterday, he has DirecTV with NFL Sunday Ticket, which used to include their Redzone channel. He said DirecTV was trying to charge him another $16/mo on top of his Sunday Ticket subscription to add the Redzone channel now. He stayed on hold with DirecTV for about 30 minutes before finally giving up...
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
Matsui said:

I have Spectrum (Charter/Time Warner) and I get RedZone with the Sports Pack which is $10 a month.
Time Warner Legacy is not supported via the nfl app to stream redzone. I tried to do that this weekend and was pretty upset to find that out. Anyone have success streaming on the app from other providers?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.