David Johnson could miss up to 4 months

1,589 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ac04
Gigemags382
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the notification from theScore app. Could require surgery.

I don't have him. If I can take my pick on the waiver wire, should I take Kerwynn Williams (possibly to try to trade to David Johnson's owner) or Tarik Cohen?

Cohen seems to be getting a lot of love right now.

Also there are currently players like Willie Snead and Randall Cobb available. I'll be dropping Allen Robinson.

Current RBs/WRs:

RB: Ajayi, Ingram, Anderson, Gore, Coleman, Peterson
WR: Green, M Thomas, Hopkins, Robinson, Ginn

Our league is non-PPR.
2 RB, 2 WR, and Flex
mAgnoliAg
Gigemags382
AG
Your magnifying glasses are always helpful. What's your deal?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Watchlisting, but I'm trying to drop Allen Robinson for Kerwyn Williams.
Tressels Vest
AG
Think I may have found a trade candidate for Gillisee. Now let's see how desperate that owner is.
lunchbox
Arians just said they may re-sign Chris Johnson....if they do, I'd say it is close to a coin flip who will get the most snaps.
Wizard
My RBs are David Johnson, Zeke and Kareem Hunt.

I feel like Dany when Viserys was killed and turned into an ice dragon.
Ag_07
AG
Glad I took LeVeon #1
ac04
please don't tempt fantasy karma like that
jr15aggie
AG
As a guy who doesn't play fantasy I only ask myself one question.. when do the Cowboys play the Cardinals? The answer: 2 weeks. Sweet, one less thing for our defense to worry about!
levimod
AG
Espn says he's out 8-12 weeks. My league is 14 games. What is fantasy dogma on that, am I supposed to drop him? Someone's gonna whip my ass with him that last month, guaranteed. Keep him? I'll have crapp yflexibility for waivers and such. What's the conventional wisdom?
W
AG
the reports are all over the place right now. I would hold on
levimod
AG
Good thought, I probably wouldn't have done anything rash but I guess at least wait until the second medical opinion, so hang on to him for this week at least. Although, this is the week for waiver wire pickups.
bilbobag
Sounds like he's headed to IR
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Just got an alert that the Cards are signing RB DJ Foster off the Pats practice squad. Surprised they didn't re-sign CJ2K. Seems like Williams is the back to own though, but looks like that backfield is moving towards full blown RBBC between him Andre "Unbreakable" Ellington. None of them will be able to replace DJ's productivity.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Know Your Enemy
AG
FML
GMM
AgEng06
AG
I guess 12 weeks would have him back for the fantasy playoffs, at least.
Wizard
Woke up with a really bad taste in my mouth over this.

I clearly had the best team in my league but this evened the playing field.
TheCougarHunter
AG
My league has a 4 man bench. I'm going to have to drop him. I was ecstatic when he fell to me at #6 too. Gonna try and get Cohen to fill in.
M.C. Swag
AG
1) You have to drop DJ. Can't afford to waste a roster spot on a guy who can't play for 3 months. Your best course of action will be to try and pick him back up later down the road.

2) The guy to pickup is Tarik Cohen, especially if you're in a PPR league. He's a stud and the Bears will probably be playing from behind a lot this season. He'll be on the field every 3rd and long and certainly late in the game during catch up time. (I wouldn't touch any Cardinals RB right now)
Ags #1
AG
So drop a guy who could come back right before fantasy playoff start? Sorry just saw 4 bench spots. Never seen that before p
Ag_07
AG
I'm thinking about trying to poach Johnson.

I've got

RB1 - Leveon
RB2 - Gurley
Bench - Mixon and Foreman

Think I could get away with giving up Mixon and maybe a WR3? It would leave me with only RB available until he gets back.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Im dropping him. Once he comes back he wont be that effective. thy usually take it easy the first few weeks back
Tressels Vest
AG
It's a wrist injury though, not a leg. We've seen how ACL tears affect players, particularly RBs. Johnson should be able to maintain his conditioning. Not learning a new offense either. He'll be fine, the question is can you stomach rostering a player that can't play for 2+ months? If your short on bench spots, or dealing with injuries or suspensions, probably not.
ac04
to me the question is whether they play him as soon as he's ready or choose to be overly cautious and slow play it. they looked like hot garbage against DET, there's a good chance they're way out of the playoff picture by week 13. if that's the case, why risk hurrying your superstar RB back on to the field?
Gigemags382
AG
I'm seeing things now saying they hope to get him back in 11-15 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas rather than 8-12 weeks.

I was considering trying to trade Gore for Johnson.
Our league has 7 bench spots, so I wouldn't mind stashing him if he would be back by fantasy playoffs. But it doesn't sound like that's particularly likely now. What do y'all think?

gigem1223
I'm going to try and pick him up off waivers and stash him for the playoffs.
ac04
pretty sure i'm dropping him. i don't expect him back until mid- to late-december at best, and i see no reason that arizona will be in a hurry to put him back out there. that is a bad football team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.