*** 2017 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread ***

104,886 Views | 1638 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 98Ag99Grad
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

gigem1223
19-0

Book it
CSWendt
Let's do this!
jr15aggie
AG
It's go time!!!!!!

Ag Natural
AG
Their saying Zeke will play week one. GIANTS going down baby.
fretyuioz
Let's have some football!
jr15aggie
AG
Disappointed we'll have to wait until Sunday Night to see the Cowboys play... I'm very impatient!
jr15aggie
AG
Team Captains: Dak, Witten, Sean Lee, Tyrone Crawford, Scandrick, & Bailey.

Pretty sure this is a 1st for Scandrick... Witten might as well get C tattoo'd on his chest!
jr15aggie
AG
Doesn't sound like OBJ will play this week. He just now started running again this week and hasn't practiced. He says "don't rule me out", but the Giants are like most NFL teams and understand it's only one game and you can't risk your star player getting hurt worse than he is.

With our secondary missing so much time in pre-season with injury, this is great news!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20607789/odell-beckham-jr-misses-new-york-giants-practice-count-playing-vs-dallas-cowboys
gigem1223
OBJ will play. No way he misses this game.
CSWendt
An injury hobbled OBJ is still good news. He won't be able to cut as quickly
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

OBJ will play. No way he misses this game.

I don't think so. The Giants refuse to divulge the exact type of sprain for whatever reason, but everybody is pretty sure it's a high ankle.

This week was the first time he's even started jogging again. I say no way he plays.
BMX Bandit
He will milk this all he can & look for praise after he suits up Sunday
BassCowboy33
I say he plays.
jr15aggie
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

I say he plays.

Anybody wanting to put money on this... he didn't practice again today!
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

BassCowboy33 said:

I say he plays.

Anybody wanting to put money on this... he didn't practice again today!

Practice!? We talkin' 'bout practice!?
toucan82
I think the Cowboys should try to win all of their games this season, including the Super Bowl. What do you guys think?
BassCowboy33
toucan82 said:

I think the Cowboys should try to win all of their games this season, including the Super Bowl. What do you guys think?

I'll say 9-7.
jr15aggie
AG
Good gosh, this team just needs to start winning playoff games. The one and done / two and done for the past 20+ years is a bit old now!!!!!
BassCowboy33
Radio was saying today that the video of the exercises that Beckham has been doing doesn't mesh with the reported ankle sprain. They're speculating that this is actually a knee issue.
Ag Natural
AG
My prediction is 12-4. I think Dak is a beast and the offense will hum with or without Zeke. The defense will start slow and get much better throughout the season. We are strong at LB, DT and Safety. Nobody will run on us so only the elite passing teams will give us trouble. That's where the 4 losses come from.
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Radio was saying today that the video of the exercises that Beckham has been doing doesn't mesh with the reported ankle sprain. They're speculating that this is actually a knee issue.

It did look more like a knee at the time of the hit.
PooDoo
AG
Y'all see Fish was saying Smith might start at MLB?
jr15aggie
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

You know, I heard something similar the other day but sorta blew it off. Maybe there is something to this. They have been very weird about the whole thing... they refuse to come out and say exactly what the issue is. I'm happy for him to be sidelined as long as possible.

Quote:

Y'all see Fish was saying Smith might start at MLB?

I've heard we should consider him and Durant interchangeable. Should see Smith in more running situations and Durant in more passing situations.
gigem1223
Anyone catch the Samsung commercial with Josh Norman calling out Dez?
BMX Bandit
gigem1223 said:

Anyone catch the Samsung commercial with Josh Norman calling out Dez?

Thought it was a terrible commercial. Guessing the one with Dez will be equally as bad
Ag Natural
AG
I didn't think Josh Norman was famous enough to do commercials.
BassCowboy33
Kellen Moore is officially the backup for Sunday. I imagine that Rush will not be active.
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

My prediction is 12-4. I think Dak is a beast and the offense will hum with or without Zeke. The defense will start slow and get much better throughout the season. We are strong at LB, DT and Safety. Nobody will run on us so only the elite passing teams will give us trouble. That's where the 4 losses come from.

I actually think the progress of Dak will be the most fascinating aspect to this season.

If you remember, the early reports out of camp last year were not good on dak. Inaccurate and just not looking ready. And even after he had been playing a few weeks and it was eveident he was going to be pretty good, reports were that he still wasn't a great practice player.

Since he's had a year to work and has such a good work ethic, it will be fascinating to see how this year under his belt may translate to play on the field.

BassCowboy33
Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

I actually think the progress of Dak will be the most fascinating aspect to this season.

If you remember, the early reports out of camp last year were not good on dak. Inaccurate and just not looking ready. And even after he had been playing a few weeks and it was eveident he was going to be pretty good, reports were that he still wasn't a great practice player.

Since he's had a year to work and has such a good work ethic, it will be fascinating to see how this year under his belt may translate to play on the field.

I believe that during the very first practice last year he had multiple fumbled snaps.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, Dak even struggled in 7-on-7 last year early on. Wasn't ever really all that great in practice. Different story this year though... apparently he's been very impressive pretty much all the time.

I just want to win... but it would be friggin awesome if Dak curb stomps this team!
Ag Natural
AG
Yeah all post camp reports were that Dak was exceptional. I heard one report where the main topic was how quickly, completely and convincingly Dak had become the unquestioned leader of the team. He has that IT factor for sure.

It's really stark when you compare it reports about Goff and how he's really struggled to gain the respect of veterans. Of course, everyone says it should take young guys a couple of years. But I think you can smell a natural leader from day one.
jr15aggie
AG
It's just like the movie Draft Day:

"How come none of your teammates came to your birthday party Bo?"
CSWendt
Going 12-4 sure can help establish your credibility in leadership
PooDoo
AG
NSFW audio... but Zeke made an interesting post
https://instagr.am/p/BYy_OHNFYm2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.