Drafting Zeke at #4?

2,429 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tressels Vest
Tressels Vest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good move or dumb move? RB depth can be an issue in drafts this year and the #3 guy seems likely to play more games this season after the hearings. Solid WRs can be had in later rounds.
Farmer1906
AG
Good move if the suspension goes to 2.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I drafted him at #15
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
My main draft is today and this is my exact strategy. **** it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Been landing bellcow backs in the 2nd. Gurley, Fournette, etc.
The_Accountant15
Didn't go till 5th round in my league last night
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Gotta be an 8-man league?
Jason Ag
AG
He went 17th and 23rd overall in my leagues.

In the league he went 23rd I took OBJ with the 5th, and Jordan Howard with the 16th. I really thought about taking him at 16, kind of wish I had, but 6 games is a lot. Would be a steal it that got dropped. Either way, even if it is 6, he will be a beast and not a wasted pick.
Farmer1906
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Debatable.
Farmer1906
AG
The_Accountant15 said:

How did you let him fall that far?
ac04
The_Accountant15 said:

bunch of dudes playing not to lose
Tressels Vest
AG

Bellcows?
Tressels Vest
AG
I'm tempted to take him #4 in my 10 man league cause I doubt he'll be there at #17. It's a league of cowboys fans.

Thanks for the responses
Tressels Vest
AG
Oh, draft is today of course. Wish it was tomorrow night
dellgriffith
AG
Zeke is playing week 1.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Got McCaffery and Zeke in rounds one and 2...

Talk about boom or bust.
Tressels Vest
AG
Espn has his ADP around 24, so he may be available at 17. Tough to pass on him though with him being a top 10 player, top 3 rb in a year with some rb depth issues.
Wizard
Drafted him 20
Farmer1906
AG
Tressels Vest said:

Espn has his ADP around 24, so he may be available at 17. Tough to pass on him though with him being a top 10 player, top 3 rb in a year with some rb depth issues.
Because he was going in the late rounds when the 6 games were announced.
Tressels Vest
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Tressels Vest said:

Right, I understand that. His ADP trend is up which is the part I'm concerned about missing out on him at 17.
Farmer1906
AG
Tressels Vest said:

Farmer1906 said:

Tressels Vest said:

Right, I understand that. His ADP trend is up which is the part I'm concerned about missing out on him at 17.
As you should. I don't expect him to be around at 15 on my draft in a few days.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Tressels Vest said:

Bellcows?

You heard me. Yes, they'll have to carry 300 times to get their 950 yards, but you really think the RB depth charts on those teams are coming into play?
Farmer1906
AG

Tressels Vest said:

Bellcows?

You heard me. Yes, they'll have to carry 300 times to get their 950 yards, but you really think the RB depth charts on those teams are coming into play?
Probably not, but 950 yards and 6 TDs each isn't exactly bellcows.
ac04
he just means it in the context of a RB who is in line to shoulder the vast majority of a team's carries. he's predicting opportunity, not necessarily production.
Tressels Vest
AG
Well, here's how the draft went. Had #4 pick overall. Not feeling hot about the first pick but think I landed a solid team.

1. Melvin Gordon
2. Got Zeke
3. Brandin Cooks
4. Ty Montgomery
5. Tyreek Hill
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Pierre Garon
8.Mike Gillisee
9. Zach Ertz
10. Willie Snead
11. Derek Carr
12. Derrick Henry
13. Chiefs
14. John Brown
15. Martellus Bennett
16. Caleb Sturgis

Farmer1906
AG
How did Bennett fall so far? Solid squad.
Ag_07
AG
I think the issue with drafting Zeke so high is that it pretty much forces you to go RB in Rd 2 to find his replacement and then maybe even again in Rd 3 to get a decent RB2.

I think it hurts your WR spots because it forces your hand at RB.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ag_07 said:

I think the issue with drafting Zeke so high is that it pretty much forces you to go RB in Rd 2 to find his replacement and then maybe even again in Rd 3 to get a decent RB2.

He's got Cooks, Hill, and Marshall. That's a pretty decent 3 deep.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Ag_07 said:

Had the opposite effect in our draft. People were planning Zeke being there in rounds 2 and 3. Taking him at 4 created a run on RB's in the late 1st and early 2nd that I don't think would have happened otherwise. Ended up with Gurley in the 2nd. Amari Cooper, Dez Bryant and Michael Thomas were still available for me in the 3rd.

I always go RB/RB in the first two rounds anyways, so it all worked out for me. But yeah, taking Zeke at 4 definitely created weird waves. Just gotta have a plan A/B/C because you can't really anticipate how people will react to it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

I got Zeke, Kareem Hunt, McFadden, Lacy, Rob Kelley, and Perkins, but my receivers are the strength of my team. Hunt and McFadden make a pretty good 2 for now while he's out.
billydean05
Drafted Zeke in round 3 in 12 team league last Saturday pick 28 overall. Rbs and qbs were flying off ridiculously early got Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Demaryus Thomas as receivers. Zeke, CJ Anderson, McFadden, Woodhead, J Stewart as rbs. A+ draft overall and by far strongest team in the league.
Farmer1906
AG
billydean05 said:

Drafted Zeke in round 3 in 12 team league last Saturday pick 28 overall. Rbs and qbs were flying off ridiculously early got Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Demaryus Thomas as receivers. Zeke, CJ Anderson, McFadden, Woodhead, J Stewart as rbs. A+ draft overall and by far strongest team in the league.

Julio & Evans should both be gone by 10th at the latest.
investorAg83
AG
billydean05 said:

Wait...if you got zeke at 28 in a 12 man league, then you had picks 4, 20 and 28 right? And Evans fell to 20???
billydean05
Correct Evans at 20th.
GCP12
AG
billydean05 said:

Is it a 2QB league? Evans at 20 is dumb
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.