***official Ezekial Elliot hearing thread***

14,027 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BMX Bandit
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does Condy Rice still want the gig?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
EliteZags
AG
Quote:

BREAKING: Judge Mazzant denies the NFL's emergency motion for a stay of the Ezekiel Elliott preliminary injunction.
Next up: 5th Circuit
wtf is this nonsense
EliteZags
AG
BREAKING: Blockbuster news the Player Executive Cabinet Chamber just announced that the League Officials Board of Representatives Committee Panel has officially filed for repeal review of the non-prosecuting conditional barr from reinstatement of withdrawal seeking annulment from the revocation clause which will be up for abrogation from the Bureau of Unconditional re-Indictment
BMX Bandit
not surprising ruling from the district court.

one very important distinction from the Brady case that I don't think has been mentioned. the district court judge in that case threw out the arbitration award, so the case was over in his court. therefore the circuit (appellate) court ruled on the entire thing.

in the Elliott case, the district court has only entered an injunction. the trial on the merits will be later. the circuit court is only ruling on the injunction at this point, so its a little different standard that could have huge implications.

Lets say the 5th circuit decides to defer to district court on the injunction, and let the trial play out. Its a 20 month average from filing to trial in the northern district of texas, so trial could be May 2019. Average disposition time for 5th circuit is 9 months. That could put the opinion coming out in early 2020.

long story short, if Zeke is suspended, theres a possibility its not until the 2020 season.
BMX Bandit
5th circuit sets hearing for 10/2
BMX Bandit
1:00 hearing
Gigemags382
AG
My season probably depends on this hearing. I've got Elliott and Ajayi as my RB1 and RB2. Not only did I already have concerns about Ajayi's health, but that offense looks like a dumpster fire so he might not be a solid RB2 even if healthy. I figured Carson to be my guy to fill in, so sure enough he went down with what's likely a season-ending injury. With Gore, Henry, and Cohen as my other RBs and I'm sitting at 2-2, I'm likely doomed if Elliott is out the next 6 weeks.
AgEng06
AG
Same here. I drafted DJ and Zeke, so if I lose Zeke I'm hosed. My other RBs are Abdullah, Jacquizz, and D. Foreman. I also lost Sproles last week.
bonfarr
AG
Is the judge that denied the NFL's stay the same on that will rule on this appeal or is his.decision being reviewed by the panel in New Orleans?
Gigemags382
AG
Hearing is over. A decision will not be issued today.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/10/01/next-step-ezekiel-elliotts-case-will-play-huge-role-continues-play-must-serve-suspension

BMX Bandit
bonfarr said:

Is the judge that denied the NFL's stay the same on that will rule on this appeal or is his.decision being reviewed by the panel in New Orleans?

Panel in NOLA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.