***official Ezekial Elliot hearing thread***

14,011 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To not distract from football talk

Reports are Zeke will testify at the hearing, Thompson not available

That is good for him. Only 1 person's credibility to judge in person.
bonfarr
AG
Thompson must be too busy boiling rabbits to testify.
jr15aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

jr15aggie
AG
BMX Bandit
technically, the appeal guy isn't looking to witness credibility, but in reality I think it will play a part.
bonfarr
AG
The hearing is a sham, Harold Henderson is running the show and he just rubber stamps NFL suspensions. He has barred Thompson from testifying and cross examination and isn't allowing her statements to be discussed at all in the hearing.

They arent going to reduce the suspension and this will end up.in court.
Bunk Moreland
Alright, for the sake of devil's advocate...I'll take the other side.

I say it gets reduced to 4.
bonfarr
AG
If it is reduced to 4 does he still sue? I would think so since he claims his innocence.
Bunk Moreland
Good question. If he got it reduced, he'd be wise to just let it go and serve his time imo.

But I know that's not the world we currently live in with the NFL & NFLPA.
BMX Bandit
He will probably take it to court either way.

Still waiting for someone to give a reason he could win in court.
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

He will probably take it to court either way.

Still waiting for someone to give a reason he could win in court.

He should sue Thompson for loss of income, merely as a statement of principle knowing she is a broke ass hoe.
BMX Bandit
Update

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/8/25/16202824/league-sources-discuss-preliminary-rulings-already-made-in-the-ezekiel-elliott-appeal-dallas-cowboys
ApachePilot
AG
Well since I drafted him I'm thinking no suspension would be nice.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not much of an appeal process. They might want to be careful they don't trip up and give him something to work with in court.
jr15aggie
AG
What a hose job. Still have no idea what the NFL is trying to gain from this. It wasn't even a headline until the NFL made it one, so it's not like anti domestic violence groups we're gonna cause massive revenue losses of they just let it go a year ago.

Only thing I can figure is what I've heard... The NFL wasn't happy with how they handled Ray Rice and Josh Brown and Zeke is the whipping boy for those regrets.

Just sucks and as a Cowboys fan it pisses me off they are trying to make him the example for the entire league considering there is little to no proof.
PooDoo
AG
They are making this an issue so it will be something to give the NFLPA during CBA negotiations.
ac04
jr15aggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

They are making this an issue so it will be something to give the NFLPA during CBA negotiations.

It definitely has bureaucracy and politics all over it. This has little to do with the actual truth and facts.
Aggies1322
AG
Say Chowdah said:

Quote:

has little to do with the actual truth and facts.
Kind of like the Cowboys thread!

Okay, guy who trolls every cowboys thread, we get it.
bonfarr
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Say Chowdah said:

Quote:

has little to do with the actual truth and facts.
Kind of like the Cowboys thread!

Okay, guy who trolls every cowboys thread, we get it.

He is a member of the fanbase that calls cheating "gamesmanship."
BMX Bandit
hearing is today.

suspension starts on 9/2. Don't think we get a ruling by then, but should before the game on 9/10
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

hearing is today.

suspension starts on 9/2. Don't think we get a ruling by then, but should before the game on 9/10

I am hoping the NFL makes enough mistakes in the appeal to leave room for NFLPA lawyers to attack in Federal Court. I believe they will If Henderson rubber stamps the suspension like I suspect he will after disallowing any evidence about the witness to be presented.
BassCowboy33
bonfarr said:

BMX Bandit said:

hearing is today.

I am hoping the NFL makes enough mistakes in the appeal to leave room for NFLPA lawyers to attack in Federal Court. I believe they will If Henderson rubber stamps the suspension like I suspect he will after disallowing any evidence about the witness to be presented.

It won't matter. The players agreed to the CBA. The NFL doesn't have to abide by the same rules that they would in the justice system. When this case makes it to federal court, the ruling will more than likely agree with the contract the players agreed to with the league. Innocence or guilt doesn't matter. What matters is who the league believes more. The court system will likely enforce the contract/agreement.
bonfarr
AG
He may ultimately have to serve out the suspension but he can likely drag things out until next year.

Quote:

The NFLPA and Elliott's defense team have been looking for a potential procedural violation to mount a challenge in federal court. Sources have told Yahoo Sports that they believe they have it, via some of the same procedural collective bargaining arguments that opened the door for the union and quarterback Tom Brady to sue the NFL in deflate-gate. The sources declined to make the exact violations clear, but told Yahoo Sports that it involves all three of the aforementioned developments: naming Henderson as a partial arbitrator; failing to require Thompson to appear for cross-examination; and refusing to produce investigative material gathered when the NFL interviewed Thompson on multiple occasions.
Brady and his legal team were able to stave off his suspension for a year, enabling him to play the entirety of the 2015 season before sitting out the first four games in 2016. Of practicing with an eye toward having Elliott available for Week 1, Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett told the Star-Telegram, "That's the way we have prepared our team.">
DannyDuberstein
AG
I would just as soon get it over with in 2017. It's impossible to forecast with great accuracy, but I expect them to have a better team on 2018. Would prefer this all be behind them by then
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I would just as soon get it over with in 2017. It's impossible to forecast with great accuracy, but I expect them to have a better team on 2018. Would prefer this all be behind them by then
I feel you, but the mindset of Zeke is "I didn't do anything". This is going to cost him lots of money not to mention defamation of character. The delay is possibly a natural consequence of the fight, and Zeke is going to fight.

But yeah, as a fan I'd like to just get it done and move along.
jr15aggie
AG
And to point out some specifics / facts that I'm hearing... there is NOTHING happening in this appeal that has anything to do with Zeke's innocence or the facts of the case (that was already handled by the FemNazi Giants Super fan).

The appeal is to review if the process was followed per the current rules outlined in the CBA. The arbitrator has the right to rule in favor of Zeke if the "process" had flaws or if he feels there is precedence for reducing the original punishment.

In short I fully expect the 6 game suspension to stand, we will all be incredibly pissed off, and Zeke will take it to court.
bonfarr
AG
Zeke's lawyers are already leaking that they expect to lose the appeal and will be heading to court.

Thompson better be prepared for some serious **** shaming because they are going to show the world how much of a lying gold digging dirtbag she is.
BMX Bandit
the courts role isn't to examine the facts of whether he did it or not. so they can shame her all they want, its irrelevant to the court's role
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

the courts role isn't to examine the facts of whether he did it or not. so they can shame her all they want, its irrelevant to the court's role

Not if the court finds the NFL did not live up to the CBA by failing to provide a legitimate appeals process.
BMX Bandit
bonfarr said:

BMX Bandit said:

Not if the court finds the NFL did not live up to the CBA by failing to provide a legitimate appeals process.
that is not correct.

if the NFL did not abide by the CBA he will win in court.

whether he did it or not is not going to be examined by any court.
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

bonfarr said:

BMX Bandit said:

that is not correct.

if the NFL did not abide by the CBA he will win in court.

whether he did it or not is not going to be examined by any court.

Wouldn't he have to prove she lied to the NFL investigators multiple times and made statements that cast doubt on her accusations? His lawyers will detail all of her lies and threats and show the NFL refused to consider that portion of the evidence in the investigation and appeal.

BMX Bandit
from the Brady 2nd Circuit opinion:

Quote:

It is well settled that procedural questions that arise during arbitration, such as which witnesses to hear and which evidence to receive or exclude, are left to the sound discretion of the arbitrator and should not be second guessed by the courts.

BassCowboy33
BMX Bandit said:

from the Brady 2nd Circuit opinion:

Quote:

It is well settled that procedural questions that arise during arbitration, such as which witnesses to hear and which evidence to receive or exclude, are left to the sound discretion of the arbitrator and should not be second guessed by the courts.

This is what I've been trying to say.
bonfarr
AG
Just takes 1 judge to vacate the arbitrator award which could enable Elliott to compete this entire season. The NFLPA will try to get the case heard in a more favorable court as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.