OBJ hit in Browns game...

948 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MooreTrucker
SouthTex99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Sure the DB could have hit him higher and risk getting called for targeting. The way the refs call targeting is making the DB's go lower, and now we are complaining about them hitting them low.

Football is slowly becoming 7x7 touch football.
ac04
no issue with it. these are world class athletes moving full speed and you've made it crystal clear that the DB cannot go high under any circumstances. this is the end result.
Ag_07
AG
The perception that ALL contact injuries can be weeded out from football is false.

Sometimes guys get hit and they get hurt. This is one of them.
SouthTex99
AG
SouthTex99
AG
ac04
yes of course i've seen the play. what is it that you propose? is the DB trying to ensure his roster spot supposed to go half speed in the preseason? maybe eli shouldn't hang his WR out to dry like that, does he bear any responsibility?
SouthTex99
AG
bonfarr
AG
SouthTex99 said:

Did you see the play? We were within milliseconds of his knee getting completely blown out.

I hear what you're saying. I'm not suggesting he shouldn't get rung up. The DB didn't attempt to wrap up at all. He put his head down and threw his shoulder at his knee.

Once again, I'm fine with that during the season. Not in preseason.

Guys are fighting for jobs and money, no way you can expect them to pull up and not try to make a play. Plus Beckham is a Giant so I DGAS about him.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
MooreTrucker
AG
GMFB guys, including former WR Nate Burleson, said it was not a bad hit. DB expected a better throw and OBJ to catch it in stride, so he went down to stop that. Throw was high and OBJ went up, so DB ended up hitting him lower than expected.

They also opined that OBJ was playing it up for the cameras.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.