Christian McCaffery

1,913 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by NoahAg
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the boards thoughts on ppr and non ppr for him?
Goldie Wilson
Like him a lot more in ppr. Not crazy about the price
dixichkn
AG
Yeah gonna have to see some more from him before he justifies the price he's getting right now. PPR definitely helps
DallasAggie0
I think he's going to get a lot of catches out of the backfield
752bro4
AG
I feel like he's a real team guy. First one in the film room, last one out of the weight room. Kind of like having another coach on the field. He's the type of guy who you'd want your daughter to bring home.
KidDoc
AG
His speed has looked very impressive but I think durability may be an issue. I play non PPR but he has been looking very explosive and can really get some points if he can avoid the big hits. My gut tells me a good/decent RB2 so round 3 or 4.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
752bro4 said:

I feel like he's a real team guy. First one in the film room, last one out of the weight room. Kind of like having another coach on the field. He's the type of guy who you'd want your daughter to bring home.
you forgot the part about the lunch pail
dixichkn
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

752bro4 said:

you forgot the part about the lunch pail
And the high motor
Daddy-O5
AG
Dan 07 said:

Like him a lot more in ppr. Not crazy about the price
Can't bring myself to take him at his current cost in any format. Could certainly be wrong but I'll let someone else find out for me.
Darth Football
Huge upside and potential. If you are the gambler type, then take him earlier. If you are conservative, then if he falls to you then its fine as value.

I wouldn't be shocked if he produced Zeke type numbers but I also wont be shocked if he he's a dud.

PPR is a much better format to take a shot early with him. In standard NONPPR I'm not sure I'd risk "reaching" for him.
investorAg83
AG
I don't see his value taking off in non ppr formats until Jonathan Stewart gets hurt. I think that's more of a question of when and not 'if', but once that happens he's going to take over and not look back.
digital_ag
AG
He looks like the real deal. Matchup nightmare.

If he gets the touches he will live up to the hype but the volume uncertainty is why I'll probably pass at his current cost.
Ag_07
AG
Is his size a concern to anyone? At 5'11" 205lbs I'm not sure he can be a feature back.

I see him more as a scat back Darren Sproles type. Maybe in PPR that pushes him into RB1 status but that may be pushing it. I see him more as an RB2 or FLEX player and his ADP that's just not worth it to me.
ac04
sproles is 5'6". he compares much more favorably to brian westbrook who was a PPR machine at 5'10" and 203 pounds. or lesean mccoy at 5'11" and 207.
M.C. Swag
AG
His size doesn't concern me at all. There were a ton of times in college where Stanford used McCaffrey as a workhorse back in I-formation. He's a complete tailback, imo, who happens to possess elite pass catching abilities.
Daddy-O5
AG
What's the highest you are going to be targeting him in drafts out of curiosity? PPR or Standard?

For the record I wouldn't argue with any of your post.
M.C. Swag
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

What's the highest you are going to be targeting him in drafts out of curiosity? PPR or Standard?

For the record I wouldn't argue with any of your post.
I'm doing 2 drafts this year, both PPR, but they're also both auction style drafts, so it's hard to say. Somewhere between $15-20? I'd go as high as $25 for keeper league.

For snake draft style keeper league, I'd feel comfortable taking him anytime in the 3rd round and on.

For snake draft style standard league, I would target him maybe late 3rd or early 4th, depending on whether it was a 12/10 team league with either RB/RB/FLEX or RB/FLEX roster makeup.
DallasAggie0
Trying to decide between him and Dalvin Cook. From what I'm looking at Cook is going to be a feature back where it's uncertain with Mcaffrey.
M.C. Swag
AG
I'm just worried about Dalvin's character. He slipped to the second round for a reason, and it wasn't talent related. I feel good that McCaffrey will maximize his potential, not as certain about Cook. But again, depends on the price and personal opinion. He definitely has the talent to be as good as any RBs in the league.
rangerdanger
AG
I would take McCaffery in round 5 for PPR, but would hard pass on him in standard. I don't see him as a downs 1-3 back, plus Cam Newton vultures rushing scores on the goal line. Can see him getting plenty of check downs and would be an amazing flex or RB2 in PPR.
Mort Rainey
rangerdanger said:

I would take McCaffery in round 5 for PPR, but would hard pass on him in standard. I don't see him as a downs 1-3 back, plus Cam Newton vultures rushing scores on the goal line. Can see him getting plenty of check downs and would be an amazing flex or RB2 in PPR.
He's going much too high to be a flex option
rangerdanger
AG
GeorgePlimpton said:

rangerdanger said:

He's going much too high to be a flex option

Flex doesn't automatically mean garbage player. Normally I flex out a WR in PPR, but if I had two great matchups for my RB1 and another RB2, I might flex out a McCaffery so I get them all in.
NoahAg
Quote:

His speed has looked very impressive
So he's deceptively fast?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.