Auction draft results, thoughts?

693 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgsMyDude
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried a new strategy with studs and duds, thoughts? Can play TE in the flex.

.5 PPR, 6 points for passing td

QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT - $3
RB LeSean McCoy BUF - $56
RB Jordan Howard CHI - $22 (keeper)
WR Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - $63
WR Brandin Cooks NE - $27 (keeper)
TE Rob Gronkowski NE - $19 (keeper)
Flex Jack Doyle IND - $2
K Mason Crosby GB - $1
DST Pittsburgh Steelers PIT - $1

RB Thomas Rawls SEA - $1
RB Chris Thompson WAS - $1
RB Shane Vereen NYG - $1
WR Cole Beasley DAL - $1
WR Mohamed Sanu ATL - $1
TE Austin Hooper ATL - $1
Ag by Vows
I'm a big fan of this team. 10 team league? Also, what were your auction prices?

Great to have a big time starting lineup. You will be able to beef up your bench on the waiver wire. Hope for your sake that ODB isn't hurt too badly.
hellapark
AG
You need a back up qb. Ben is truly awful on the road. Otherwise solid.
AgsMyDude
AG
Ag by Vows said:

I'm a big fan of this team. 10 team league? Also, what were your auction prices?

Great to have a big time starting lineup. You will be able to beef up your bench on the waiver wire. Hope for your sake that ODB isn't hurt too badly.
Thanks! This is for a 12 team .5 PPR league. I updated the prices on my OP and definitely agree on needing to work on my bench because I'm pretty thin there
M.C. Swag
AG
Hennessy11 said:

Tried a new strategy with studs and duds, thoughts? Can play TE in the flex.

.5 PPR, 6 points for passing td

QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT
RB LeSean McCoy BUF
RB Jordan Howard CHI
WR Odell Beckham Jr. NYG
WR Brandin Cooks NE
TE Rob Gronkowski NE
Flex Jack Doyle IND
K Mason Crosby GB
DST Pittsburgh Steelers PIT

RB Thomas Rawls SEA
RB Chris Thompson WAS
RB Shane Vereen NYG
WR Cole Beasley DAL
WR Mohamed Sanu ATL
TE Austin Hooper ATL
  • Big big big fan of Brandin Cooks. Think he'll be amazing this year. Paired with OBJ you should have 2 studs at WR.
  • I'm not quite as much of a fan of Gronk, so I hope you didn't pay full price for him. Definitely a boom or bust player simply due to injury risk.
  • Shady and J. Howard are as good of a RB duo you can really ask for in fantasy. Again, I'm personally not a fan of Shady but it's hard to argue without knowing the price. Either way, I like your WR/RB tandems.
  • Bench: Beasley and Rawls are great bench pickups. Rawls, if healthy, can be a top 5 RB. We've seen him do it before. Beasley will be a great bye week replacement. Almost a lock for 8-10 pts/week in PPR.
  • The rest of your bench is pretty meh. San, Thompson, and Vereen may be fantasy irrelevants, but doesn't really hurt you from the bench.
  • My only head scratcher is Jack Doyle. Did you draft him with your FLEX in mind? I really really like Doyle as a TE option, but FLEX? Idk. That spot should be reserved for another WR or RB. Again, hard to completely judge without knowing the price.
Overall, not bad. I wouldn't worry about the QB position. There's value to be found on the waiver wire and ben should be at least serviceable.
AgsMyDude
AG
Updated prices in OP for transparency. Thanks for your thoughts!
Quote:

The rest of your bench is pretty meh. San, Thompson, and Vereen may be fantasy irrelevants, but doesn't really hurt you from the bench.
I really don't agree on those last 2 given it's .5 PPR. In '15 Vereen was the #30 RB and was averaging 9.4 through 3 weeks last year before going down for the year. Thompson also finished #33 RB last year. Sanu probably doesn't have much value but he was my last pick of the draft. Both of these guys are sneaky sleepers in PPR that are always overlooked.

Quote:

My only head scratcher is Jack Doyle. Did you draft him with your FLEX in mind? I really really like Doyle as a TE option, but FLEX? Idk. That spot should be reserved for another WR or RB. Again, hard to completely judge without knowing the price.

I got Doyle for $2. Some had him going upwards of $7/8 so a good steal, but I agree I'll still need so get a good waiver guy at Flex. Hell, maybe Rawls wins the job and plays well and I'm set. He actually finished 2016 the #13 TE while splitting reps with (now traded) Dwayne Allen. Allen had 406 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns. Here is a good article on him https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/can-jack-doyle-rule-fantasy-football

Quote:

Since the beginning of 2014, Luck has targeted tight ends on one-third of his red zone throws. Only four teams have targeted the position more over that span. The red zone targets per game numbers may seem a bit underwhelming on the surface, but consider that only four teams targeted the tight end in the red zone more than 1.5 times per game in 2016, with just one team doing so more than twice per game.
M.C. Swag
AG
I just meant that Vereen, Sanu, and Thompson aren't guys you would want to put in your starting lineup. I'm extremely "bear-ish" on any Giants RB, but especially a 28 yr old backup 3rd own guy.
AgsMyDude
AG
Well a bye week filler they'd be fine. It's hard to find anybody at $1 that you'd want in your starting lineup.

I wouldn't really consider those 2 backups. They have their own roles in the passing game.
M.C. Swag
AG
haha i agree, i didn't know what you paid when i wrote that. I was just comparing them to Rawls or Beasley who are borderline starters in some situations. But yea, the rest of your bench is definitely fine for what you paid.
AgsMyDude
AG
M.C. Swag said:

haha i agree, i didn't know what you paid when i wrote that. I was just comparing them to Rawls or Beasley who are borderline starters in some situations. But yea, the rest of your bench is definitely fine for what you paid.

Fair enough, I'm putting a bid in free agency to try and get Burkhead and drop Thompson. I'd rather take that gamble than Thompsons ceiling of a borderline by week flyer type
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.