When is Zeke a value pick

1,033 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ApachePilot
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We draft tonight and I am not sure where to expect Zeke to go. Is the 3rd/4th about where he is going now that he is missing 6 games. If it gets reduced to only 4 it could be a value pick, as long as you are ok having a wife beater on your team.
AGGIE70MAN
AG
I've heard/seen late 2nd round because most of the people I've talked with think he'll only be suspended 2 weeks (maybe 4). I don't think he'll be on any of my teams because I think someone will reach for him early. If he's around some kind of a way 4th round, definitely taking him.
M.C. Swag
AG
Quote:

as long as you are ok having a wife beater on your team.
^This is exactly why the NFL shouldn't have overstepped their boundaries. Uncorroborated accusations from a single woman whose exhibited acts of deceit and potential extortion is enough to label someone as a 'wife-beater.'

(Yes, I'm obviously a Cowboys fan.)
M.C. Swag
AG
As far as when I'd take Zeke, in a snake draft (non keeper league) I would probably be ok taking him anytime in the middle of the 3rd round and on.
Ag_07
AG
I'd take him in the 3rd but I'd also have a contingency plan to take a RB who can fill in for him.
Gig Em5014
AG
I think if given the chance I'll draft him in the 3rd round and try to trade him before he plays a game but after a few weeks of suspension. His trade value will still be based on last season's production (extremely high) but more than likely his production will dip this year. His offensive line isn't as good as last season and I think Sophomore slumps happen pretty frequently.

You carry him on your roster as dead weight for 2-4 weeks dependent on the suspension appeal and flip him for 2 or 3 quality players to upgrade a position that has proven to be weak or to cover an unexpected injury that occurred in the first few weeks.

Note: If you're not in a PPR then the value is probably not there in any other position and you just ride out the suspension and hope it's shortened.
Mike Elko
AG
Third round sounds about right, and make damn sure you get McFadden later on.
AgEng06
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

McFadden or Morris? Honest question.
Mike Elko
AG
McFadden. He should get the bulk of the carries in Elliott's absence.
ac04
mcfadden isn't good and the cowboys start with a very difficult run defense schedule. i wouldn't bother picking him up personally
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I think if he is going there it will rule him out for me, I pick early in the 3rd #27 overall, but then not again until late in the 4th #46. #27 seems early and I do not think he makes it back to me at #46.
Mike Elko
AG
ac04 said:

mcfadden isn't good and the cowboys start with a very difficult run defense schedule. i wouldn't bother picking him up personally
Yeah, the starting RB on a team with a dominant O-line sounds like a really bad play. Not to mention, said RB gained over 1,400 total yards behind said O-line two seasons ago. Terrible, terrible six-game rental for Zeke.
ac04
he averaged 3.5 ypc in this offense LY and they start with four straight top 10 run defenses. but you do you.
Mike Elko
AG
10-4. Buena suerte.
MelvinUdall
M.C. Swag said:

Quote:

as long as you are ok having a wife beater on your team.
^This is exactly why the NFL shouldn't have overstepped their boundaries. Uncorroborated accusations from a single woman whose exhibited acts of deceit and potential extortion is enough to label someone as a 'wife-beater.'

(Yes, I'm obviously a Cowboys fan.)

There are phone calls as well that haven't been made public, I think there is more than we know.
M.C. Swag
AG
1000% there is a ton more we don't know, but what we DO know is not even close to damning a man as a 'wife beater.'
MelvinUdall
M.C. Swag said:

1000% there is a ton more we don't know, but what we DO know is not even close to damning a man as a 'wife beater.'

That may be true, unfortunately the NFL painted themselves in the corner after them botching the Ray Rice investigation. Zeke, may unfortunately, be the example made because of the NFL failure with Ray Rice.
Iowaggie
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

This.
The problem with drafting Elliott is it impacts the rest of your draft. You probably have to draft DMc and Morris. And you can't wait on those guys early because it only takes one ass to see DMc sitting there to mess you up.
Iowaggie
AG
Let me add this, if you play in a league that takes 8 of 12 to playoffs or 6 of 10 or something like that, it is worth getting Elliott because you just have to make theplayoffs and you'll be good.

If it is something like 4 of 12 or 16, I would avoid.
ApachePilot
AG
I took Zeke in round 2. I think he is worth it. I had to reach on McFadden to cover me in case the 6 games stick but there just aren't many bell cow backs like Zeke with a cowboy o-line. I'm in no way a cowboy fan (they suck) but you can't argue with the fantasy value of a cowboy RB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.