***Official 2017 Fantasy Football Thread***

3,590 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Instead of multiple threads cluttering the board, thought it would help to consolidate into 1 official thread where users can post any questions, comments, advice, or insights regarding all things fantasy!

If you have a specific question relating to your own team, trade or draft, be sure to include the following info in the below format for ease of use:

League Rules:
# Teams
PPR/Non-PPR
Auction/Snake
Budget/Selection Spot

(Your question)

If you're responding to someone's post, be sure to include the Original Post in your response! Happy Drafting!
M.C. Swag
AG
I'll start with my own question.

League rules:
10 team
PPR
Auction
$200 budget

This is a keeper league and you can keep as many players as you want as long as you pay the cost to keep (determined by taking previous draft/waiver price +5%). My keeper options are as stated below (Bold are obvious keepers. Italics are potential i'm considering). What do y'all think?

Player / Cost to Keep
Jameis Winston - $2
Jeremy Hill - $13
Jordan Howard - $5
Mike Evans - $33
Dez Bryant - $34
Cameron Brate - $5
Ty Montgomery - $5
Justin Tucker - $2
Allen Robinson - $44
Randall Cobb - $25
Melvin Gordon - $8
Derrick Henry - $9
Old Buffalo
AG
Hi JM!

You should pay your dues first.
M.C. Swag
rtimber
W
AG
week 1 streaming defense ----> Buffalo at home vs. the Jets.

(Quincy Enunwa put on I.R. today)
Ag_07
AG
So...With the suspension where does Zeke go in drafts?
JayAggie
AG
no way it will stay at 6 games, I see 2 or 3 games max. If that's the case he'll go late 1st round like Bell did when he was suspended. If it's actually 6, he will go in early 2nd round at the latest.
W
AG
one note...Doug Martin is suspended for the first 3 games. Good ol' Jacquizz would make a decent fill-in for Elliott for a few weeks
W
AG
and a general question about the Titans...

are folks thinking it would be good to own a share or two of the Titans' offense among:

Mariota, DeMarco, Henry, Delanie, Decker, and Cory Davis?

Tennessee was the 14th highest scoring team in the league last year
misterguinness
AG
I don't think many will people will look at Mariota as a top-5 QB, but they have one heck of an offensive line and so many weapons as Tajae Sharpe and Harry Douglas aren't slouches either. May be almost too many skill guys sharing touches. I'll be looking to take Mariota by round 3 if he's falling
M.C. Swag
AG
W said:

and a general question about the Titans...

are folks thinking it would be good to own a share or two of the Titans' offense among:

Mariota, DeMarco, Henry, Delanie, Decker, and Cory Davis?

Tennessee was the 14th highest scoring team in the league last year
Mariota should be pretty good. High upside QB1.
Henry is a must have handcuff for Demarco owners.
Corey Davis should be targeted high only for Keeper/Dynasty purposes (and by high I mean maybe 6/7 round). Otherwise I wouldn't spend anything higher than a 10th rounder on him.
mAgnoliAg
Ag_07
AG
Interesting situation with a few RBs this year

Lamar Miller - What if any affect will D'onta Foreman have on Miller's touches? Does that hurt his value at all? Is D'onta worth taking in the later rounds?
Adrian Peterson - Is he going to be a #2 behind Ingram and will that be a RBBC?
Marshawn Lynch- I have no idea what to think here. Part of me thinks it's Marshawn on a pretty stout offense. But part of me thinks he's been off for a year and may not have the stamina or motivation to be very productive.

Interested to see what ya'll thought about these RBs and where they are/should go in drafts.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ag_07 said:

Interesting situation with a few RBs this year

Lamar Miller - What if any affect will D'onta Foreman have on Miller's touches? Does that hurt his value at all? Is D'onta worth taking in the later rounds?
Adrian Peterson - Is he going to be a #2 behind Ingram and will that be a RBBC?
Marshawn Lynch- I have no idea what to think here. Part of me thinks it's Marshawn on a pretty stout offense. But part of me thinks he's been off for a year and may not have the stamina or motivation to be very productive.

Interested to see what ya'll thought about these RBs and where they are/should go in drafts.
Lamar Miller - I feel like D'onta shouldn't affect Lamar Millers value. However you felt about him before the draft, is probably how you should still view him. (Personally, I'm not a big fan and probably wouldn't draft him until my 3rd or 4th pick)

Adrian Peterson - The whole NOLA RB situation is gonna be a mess. Adrian is awesome but will he get enough opportunities to even be considered a Flex RB? And that's without considering the fact that NO to this point is a pass happy offense. I would draft AP, but would do so with the intention of putting him on my bench.

Marshawn - Personally, I think he'll be a top 15 RB in fantasy (which makes him a low end RB1 or High end RB2). Oakland is the perfect situation for him. They're well balanced and have one of the best OL in the NFL. I think he will have a Demarco Murray type season with the volume and quality blocking available to him.
W
AG
I read a lot of Matthew Berry's stuff...

he likes AD this year and is really down on Ingram.

he likes Lynch too.

for me regarding Lynch...if I get DJ or Le'Veon as my RB1, I'd be okay with taking Lynch as my RB2 in the early 3rd round. Would be hesistant to rely on Lynch as my RB1...especially in a 12-team league
Mort Rainey
W said:

I read a lot of Matthew Berry's stuff...

he likes AD this year and is really down on Ingram.

he likes Lynch too.

for me regarding Lynch...if I get DJ or Le'Veon as my RB1, I'd be okay with taking Lynch as my RB2 in the early 3rd round. Would be hesistant to rely on Lynch as my RB1...especially in a 12-team league
Big mistake
Ag_07
AG
Alright...In an effort to keep everything on one thread. How'd I do in a 12 team PPR league?

1.1 Leveon Bell
2.24 Todd Gurley
3.25 DeAndre Hopkins
4.48 Joe Mixon
5.49 Sammy Watkins
6.72 Tyler Eifert
7.73 DeSean Jackson
8.96 DeVante Parker
9.97 Marcus Mariota
10.120 Corey Coleman
11.121 Jack Doyle
12.144 Indy Defense
13.145 D'Onta Foreman
14.168 Graham Gano

With a projected starting lineup of

QB - Mariota
RB1 - Bell
RB2 - Gurley
WR1 - Hopkins
WR2 - Watkins
TE - Eifert
FLEX - Parker
D - Indy
K - Gano
Bench - Mixon, Jackson, Coleman, Doyle, Foreman
Goldie Wilson
Ag_07 said:

WR1 - Hopkins
WR2 - Watkins
Ag_07
AG
That a good thing or a bad thing?

The only reach I had was DeSean Jackson. I like the pick but not where I took him. I just really didn't like the guys that were there and thought I needed to get a WR there. I like him in that offense so I reached a bit.
DallasAggie0
I wouldn't touch Watkins. Always injury prone plus a crowded lineup with woods and Austin also there and no proven QB. Reynolds might actually be the endzone guy there.

Other than that solid lineup IMO.
W
AG
I would be a little concerned about owning 2 shares of the Rams offense. Lowest scoring team in the league last year.

surprised Mariota lasted to the 9th round
Ag_07
AG
Fair enough about Watkins. I'm not big on him either (never have been) but seemed like a good value. If he flops I'm hoping Parker, Coleman, or Jackson can produce decent WR2 numbers to slide into that spot.

I'm not worried about Gurley. Think he'll be a fine RB2.
W
AG
thanks to Harvey (and not having power or phone for 2 days)...my team was auto-drafted in my 12-team league. Had the 2nd pick.

QB - Rivers
RB - Le'Veon, Ty Mont, Sproles
WR - Cooks, Cooper, Martavis, Crowder, Wallace, Thielen
TE - Henry
K - Tucker
DEF - Pittsburgh

not too bad. May try to move a WR for a second tier QB. Don't necessarily want to start Rivers every week

mAgnoliAg
AG
Standard 6 pt passing TDs 6th pick

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Ezekiel Elliot
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Deandre Hopkins
TE: Jordan Reed
Flex: Allen Robinson
D/ST: Giants
K: Chris Boswell

Bench: Darren McFadden
Rob Kelley
Paul Perkins
Jordan Matthews
Eddie Lacy
Kenny Britt
Evan Engram
khkman22
AG
Thoughts on this draft? Standard scoring 10 team league:

1 - Mike Evans
2 - Ezekiel Elliott
3 - T.Y. Hilton
4 - Drew Brees
5 - Melvin Gordon (Keeper)
6 - Jamison Crowder
7 - Golden Tate
8 - Mike Gillislee
9 - Delanie Walker
10 - Jordan Howard (Keeper)
11 - Frank Gore
12 - Carolina
13 - Jordan Matthews
14 - Darren McFadden
15 - Adam Vinatieri
M.C. Swag
AG
Your RBs are monsterous. I'd definitely try to flip one after Zekes suspension is over for an elite WR depending how TY Hilton performs. I'm concerned with Andrew Lucks health and you may be hurting with only Mike Evans as a reliable starter. Otherwise you're clearly stout where it matters.
Jason Ag
AG
Is Kareem Hunt still out there?
Señor Chang
AG
Who would you start week 1 at TE?

Hunter Henry @Denver
Rudolph vs NO
W
AG
he was drafted
W
AG
if Luck is not ready for week 1...who's on the waiver wire for QB?
GoodOlAg05
AG
What is your favorite go-to source for all things Fantasy Football? ESPN? CBS? Other? Been listening to the Fantasy Footballers Podcast and CBS FF Today and it's been nice to hear other opinions than ESPN.
W
AG
championship-caliber team.

RB/WR's are outstanding
khkman22
AG
W said:

championship-caliber team.

RB/WR's are outstanding
Yet I'm projected to go 8-6 by Yahoo. Was suprised at that, although I admit my WRs are somewhat weak. But I was willing to take that risk to get Zeke.
Wizard
1) David Johnson
2) Ezekiel Elliot
3) Rob Gronkowski
4) Davante Adams
5) Kelvin Benjamin
6) Kareem Hunt
7) Jamison Crowder
8) Brandon Marshall
9) Eddie Lacy
10) Tyrod Taylor
11) Mike Wallace
12) Broncos D/ST
13) Justin Tucker
14) Big Ben
15) Jaquizz Rodgers
16) Jack Doyle
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.