What do you draft first?

2,798 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DuckDown2013
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A kicker, defense, or TE?
Ags #1
AG
Te for sure. Always leave d and k for last 2 rounds
ac04
convince your commish to get rid of K and D/ST before the draft
Saint Pablo
I have been doing mock drafts and have played around with it some to where I go kicker first (Justin Tucker) and am still able to get Zach Ertz or someone up to his level after...kickers normally put up more points than TEs week to week anyway
ac04
Saint Pablo said:

I have been doing mock drafts and have played around with it some to where I go kicker first (Justin Tucker) and am still able to get Zach Ertz or someone up to his level after...kickers normally put up more points than TEs week to week anyway
it doesn't work like that...
Saint Pablo
I think that the variance in points and consistency in the top 4-5 kickers to the rest of the position is greater than that of TE (with the exception of Gronk).
ac04
i would do some research on that idea.
Saint Pablo
That I shall!
Aggie_95
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
I pick K and DEF last and swap them out almost weekly with who's hot/projected to do the best for that week.
Smokedraw01
We grouped TE with WR...so you can draft three WRs or TEs.
Texker
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I pick K and DEF last and swap them out almost weekly with who's hot/projected to do the best for that week.
This. Especially in my primary league cuz it's PPR.
TyHolden
AG
I typically lead with jff to give the rest of the league a fighting chance
Farmer1906
AG
TE

But my league also eliminated DEF/ST & Kickers.
Farmer1906
AG
ac04 said:

convince your commish to get rid of K and D/ST before the draft
This
Wife is an Aggie
We are a 10 team league with only 5 bench spots instead of the usual 6.. This means there is always a solid option at K/DST on the waiver wire to stream each week. If you are in a 12 team or higher league with 6 bench spots then your WW options will be very limited at times.

One of the best changes we have made for our league is going to only 5 bench spots. Makes each week WW moves a lot more interesting especially since we also do FAAB budget and make you bid on your waivers. Gives everyone a chance to get anyone but if you blow your budget early you won't have any money left for the 2nd half of the year. In addition we charge a $1 for every transaction that gets added to the main pot at the end of the year.
All of these changes (in addition to weekly payouts, most point payouts, best record payout, and playoff payouts) greatly increase the league interaction on a week to week basis and keep the league more interesting, also adds a more strategic approach managing your bench.
GJS123
TE. Last 2 rounds are for K and D/ST.
JayAggie
AG
Usually TE, but if a run is made on TE and I have the option of taking a top 5 defense over a TE ranked 8-15, I'll take the D/ST.
JayAggie
AG
Quote:

Zach Ertz

Unless your in PPR that's not saying much for a guy that's never had more than 4TDs in a season.

DuckDown2013
AG
Its totally dependent on VALUE. I will draft a Tier 1 Tight End first if it is not too early. The tight end position is important, however I have always had success with the success of using different tight ends based on match ups and usually end up getting a good one off the waiver wire that I can start every week.

Defense CAN be very valuable. Really just depends on the year.

Kicker's are a crap shoot. My two big leagues don't use kickers and our DST's only get points for Td's, sacks, and turn overs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.