Jay Cutler to FOX

4,575 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Bond
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jay Cutler retiring and hired by FOX as an in-booth analyst

Quote:

Jay Cutler is done playing football and ready to start talking about football.

Cutler has joined FOX, where he will work as an analyst in a three-man booth with Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis, according to FOX sideline reporter Peter Schrager.

That seems like a disaster. The guy has a face everyone wants to punch and an attitude that's even worse.
Furlock Bones
AG
how many heaters will he burn through during the commercial breaks?
Olsen
AG
Fox Sports couldn't get Romo so they have to settle for Cutler instead!
jr15aggie
AG
At first I thought, "he's part of a 3 man team, that may not be so bad compared to the typical 2 man team".

But then I thought, nope, it could be much worse with him as the obvious 3rd wheel.

Kevin: And the Cowboys look to be going for it on 4th down!

Charles: And notice they substituted for their jumbo package, no doubt relying on the legs of Ezekiel Elliott here.

Cutler: Yeah, but, they could also totally throw it, let's check it out and see what happens!

Kevin: Hand off to Zeke right up the middle for an easy first down... welp, I guess we all saw that coming.

Charles: Boy you can say that again, this offensive line...

***interrupts***

Cutler: Hey, you guys think they woulda scored if they had thrown it? I bet the defense would have been fooled and the Cowboys would have scored!
Ag_07
AG
Or...

Quote:

Kevin: And the Cowboys look to be going for it on 4th down!

Charles: And notice they substituted for their jumbo package, no doubt relying on the legs of Ezekiel Elliott here.

Cutler: Yeah, but, they could also totally throw it, let's check it out and see what happens!

Kevin: Hand off to Zeke right up the middle for an easy first down... welp, I guess we all saw that coming.

Charles: Boy you can say that again, this offensive line...

Culter:

W
AG
so Cutler retires at age 34...and the Bears end up getting nothing for him.

in 11 seasons in the NFL...he only played in 2 playoff games. Won one. Lost one. Played in 1 Pro Bowl.

that's a long time to be in the league...and accomplish so little
Purple Parrot
Mathguy64
AG
First time he passes the mic I expect it will be intercepted. By game 4 he will be on the DL.
Carlo4
AG
But he has type 1 diabetes. I bet he will be a much better analyst than a football player now that he can regulate it better.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Jay Cutler is the Bro King
TyHolden
AG
I don't think he'll be that bad. Graduating from Vanderbilt requires some intelligence. They'll teach him how to speak.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Jay Cutler is the Bro King

Pretty much.

Ag_07
AG
This should be good

Quote:

FOX is planning to assign Cutler, along with Charles Davis and Kevin Burkhardt, to the Week One Bears-Falcons game. Cutler retired
W
AG
don't call it a comeback...

might be willing to play for his old coach in Miami
Mr.Bond
AG
Cutler to Miami
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Olsen
AG
R.I.P. Jay Cutler's broadcasting career
2017-2017

Agnzona
Ten Million for 1 year.
Olsen
AG
Cutler is definitely the starting QB for the Dolphins now. Up to $13 million with incentives and $5 million as the base salary.
GetThoseKeysMilo
Can't blame the guy for wanting to play.

Big risk giving up a cushy gig that, if successful, could lead to much more than $10 mil down the road.

I was curious to see how he would do in that role, but I don't think we will have the opportunity. Fox, while they knew it was a risky move for this very reason, probably won't hire him again. I don't think CBS will either.
Mike Elko
AG
$10 million for that scrub? Holy F, Miami, there's a reason you're the Dolphins. Too funny.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Even Isiah Thomas is like "why do people keep signing this guy?!"
TyHolden
AG
Lol - way to go phins
Lungblood
I'd love to root for the Dolphins again. As a kid, Dan Marino and Mark Duper were my football heroes. I have fond memories of this team.

But come TF on! Jay Cutler hasnt been good since college. 10+ milly?
MelvinUdall
This was a good pick up for Miami, Cutler had really good success with Gase.
SupaManu
AG
So much whining and race baiting on espn right now because they signed cutler over kaep, such a joke network.
MelvinUdall
SupaManu said:

So much whining and race baiting on espn right now because they signed cutler over kaep, such a joke network.
ESPN has jumped the shark on this issue, anyone with knowledge of the NFL would know that this was a good pick up for Miami given the history between Cutler and Gase. No matter what anyone says, picking up Kap is an unnecessary distraction for a team, no player or coach wants to be hounded regarding Kap's political views as well as his ignorant girlfriends views.
jtstanley4621
AG
I just came here to share one of my favorite gifs of all time. Smokin Jay rides once more.

By the way, apparently his wife is anti-vaccine.
Mr.Bond
AG
Don't care she's still hot
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.