*******2017 NFL Draft Thread*******

22,173 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wasnt making fun of anyone. I was expressing frustration that we are underacheivers.

dcaggie04
AG
Wasn't saying you were making for of anyone. Just let peeve of mine when people always seem to post Debbie downer posts when some says something remotely good about the program.

But, yeah, I think most would agree with ya on the underachieving.
Bunk Moreland
Woof. Eisen got real weird with that interview. I think he knows he did and had no good way to get out of it.
Rudyjax
AG
Worst draft im Big 12 history??
Bunk Moreland
I think we're currently at 29 SEC drafted. Let me check big 12
redline248
AG
Foreman ought to have been #4 for bdf
Bunk Moreland
Big 12 at 4
redline248
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Beathard before Peterman and Dobbs
txag614
Kendell Beckwith to the Bucs. Tampa Bay doing really well this draft.
SupaManu
AG
redline248 said:

Bunk Moreland
Congratulations to reynolds going 117 to the rams
. . .
Josh Dobbs to Pittsburgh.
Bunk Moreland
Pick doesn't do anything for me as a steelers fan. I don't see the top end qb potential of Dobbs. Hope he proves me wrong because he sounds like a great guy.
zooguy96
Dobbs is not a very accurate passer. His short and intermediate passing is not very good. He throws a decent deep ball. His forte is running.

His completion percentage in college was around 58% for his career. He's a 3rd string QB at best in the NFL IMHO. Not a very high upside - I think he's mostly reached his potential.
EKG1996
AG
Michigan talent level was really high based on this draft. I was thinking Harbaugh was doing a great coaching job but it seems they were pretty loaded.
Bunk Moreland
Harbaugh definitely develops talent, but Hoke had stacked that roster pretty well before getting the axe. I think they had top 10 classes in 2012, 2013, & top 20 in 2014
Bunk Moreland
Congrats to Eluemunor going 159 in the 5th round to Baltimore.
LeonardSkinner
Would have been okay with Peterman to Jacksonville. But they didn't make strong moves in the 3rd and 4th, and I don't think they'll take a flier on a QB today.
Agmaniacmike12
As if everybody in the country already wasn't well aware of the Big 12's ineptitude, this draft is an indictment on the talent level. 8 selections through 192 picks.
CFTXAG10
AG
Kaaya finally gets drafted to the Lions in the 6th (215)
Ryan34
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Harbaugh definitely develops talent, but Hoke had stacked that roster pretty well before getting the axe. I think they had top 10 classes in 2012, 2013, & top 20 in 2014
Requires good coaching. Look how many players Colorado had drafted.
Olsen
AG
Chad Kelly is Mr. Irrelevant! LOL
bonfarr
AG
Denver already has Lynch and Simien, you know Jim Kelly probably called in a favor from Elway.
Ryan34
AG
bonfarr said:

Denver already has Lynch and Simien, you know Jim Kelly probably called in a favor from Elway.

Not sure either of those guys are actually any good.
Olsen
AG
Kelly beating out Siemian and Lynch for the starting job is what I would like to see if Kelly can get his act together.
ac04
Ryan34 said:

bonfarr said:

Not sure either of those guys are actually any good.

agreed, siemian is destined for a permanent backup role. lynch not progressing anywhere near where they hoped. kelly is actually in a pretty good spot
LeonardSkinner
Jacksonville.

Fournette and Robinson. Not my favorite players at their positions and places picked, but some had them rated the best at their positions and they will likely make the team better.
Smoot. Very specific pick, understudy and hopeful successor to Calais Campbell. Felt like there were better players available at positions of greater need.
Westbrook. Don't really care how talented he is. Didn't need a receiver, didn't need a guy with baggage.
Brown. Athletic reserve linebacker and special teamer.
Myrick. Second fastest player in the combine. Could be a good reserve and special teamer.
Williams. Coughlin wants to bring back the sledgehammer days of Greg Jones and Fred Taylor/MJD, so he had to get a fullback.

Already signed Gennesy as a UDFA, so that's cool.
DeangeloVickers
AG
What the hell were the Bears and New Orleans doing in this draft??!

How can you pay Mike Glennon that much...then take Trubisky?!?! And essentially bid against yourself

New Orleans...why in the name of Zeus bung hole do you take Kamara?!?! You need defense!!!!!!!!!!!!! You took an offensive tackle??!!?? You need DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryan34
AG
The Bears draft was risky to say the least. They took 3 non FBS players, traded up for Trubisky and then Eddie Jackson, who had injury issues and a dominant team around him. They could end up with nothing from this draft and they're already not a good team. I actually had to check to see if they had hired Jacksonville's old GM.

I don't mind New Orleans getting an OT, but agreed that Kamara makes no sense. And they traded a future 2nd round pick to get him. Just, why???
Bunk Moreland
Well it must not have been a good draft for Bills GM Doug Whaley....he's canned.
redag06
Although just about every analyst is giving them A ratings on the draft
Bunk Moreland
redag06 said:

Although just about every analyst is giving them A ratings on the draft

Yeah. Sounds like a change was likely going to get made no matter what after the draft, but the owner also didnt like that he traded back the 10th pick....he wanted Mahomes and Whaley took draft picks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.