Texans at home on Christmas day

2,055 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dave94
jjdad1111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sucks for season ticket holders.
bdgol07
bdgol07
AG
Yep. Not sure we will get good prices for that one
bilbobag
3:30 vs. Pittsburgh..

Why wouldn't you go?
redag06
Because Christmas is a family day, not spent with a bunch of drunken idiots. Although some families may be a bunch of drunken idiots
jjdad1111
Been going since the inaugural season. Steelers fans don't like losing. Only time this 60+, fat, limping guy was physically threatened was a few years ago when the Texans won by about a touchdown. I laughed, kept on walking, & survived. Guess I can do it again. They might not want to fight on Christmas.
Ags #1
AG
You would rather be with your in laws than a Texans game? Da faq?
jjdad1111
jjdad1111
Bilbo, I always appreciate your insight, but seriously? This is a Monday. So the networks & league aren't satisfied with MNF and schedule a 3:30 game on Christmas? So, we season ticket holders (if in Houston) have to leave our homes about 12;30. If you live in the Austin area like me, and already face a 3 hour drive, forget it. Answer your question?
RC_57
AG
Well with my wife being a diehard Steeler fan, we're already looking for tickets.

So who has some tickets for sale?
MelvinUdall
jjdad1111 said:

Bilbo, I always appreciate your insight, but seriously? This is a Monday. So the networks & league aren't satisfied with MNF and schedule a 3:30 game on Christmas? So, we season ticket holders (if in Houston) have to leave our homes about 12;30. If you live in the Austin area like me, and already face a 3 hour drive, forget it. Answer your question?

This game will be fully sold out and people will be looking for tickets to give as gifts for Christmas. Sorry if this is an inconvenience for you and your family, but as a fan I think it is fantastic. Also, I am not sure how the Texans have much control over the schedule, fairly certain the NFL is the one that sets the schedule. Also, would be more apt to go on Christmas Eve?
lunchbox
nhayden said:

jjdad1111 said:

This game will be fully sold out and people will be looking for tickets to give as gifts for Christmas. Sorry if this is an inconvenience for you and your family, but as a fan I think it is fantastic. Also, I am not sure how the Texans have much control over the schedule, fairly certain the NFL is the one that sets the schedule. Also, would be more apt to go on Christmas Eve?
The league does defer to the teams for some things. A few examples are in Peter King's column today...

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/21/nfl-2017-schedule-howard-katz-roger-goodell
MelvinUdall
lunchbox said:

nhayden said:

jjdad1111 said:

The league does defer to the teams for some things. A few examples are in Peter King's column today...

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/21/nfl-2017-schedule-howard-katz-roger-goodell

That's fair, I just don't see what the issue is overall, either you play Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
bilbobag
I guess for me and be around football my whole life, to my family and myself, football is like Christmas so going to a the game isn't a big deal for us.. All of my family including my grandparents are season ticket holders since the beginning.
Bunk Moreland
Anyone who is worried about resale prices, I'll pay 50c on the dollar right now for 7 tickets. Our family would love the opportunity to barely travel and see the Steelers.

Then you can have peace of mind.
brotheraggie
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE HOUSTON TEXANS!! BY THE TIME THIS GAME IS PLAYED THEY WILL BE 3-11 WITH TOM SAVAGE AT QUARTERBACK. LOL LOL
Farmer1906
AG
Count me as anti Texans game on Christmas. I already have a million family members vying for my time.

I'm into my traditions and football on Christmas ain't one. I do enjoy turning on the NBA if there is any down time while in a food coma.
Splitag
AG
So do the posters that are against this game, also hate the idea of Texas A&M v Texas historically having been played on Thanksgiving? Or Texas A&M v LSU now? If you dont want to go, there will be someone who will want your tickets. With the ever increasing population of the greater Houston area, and the Steelers ability to travel, this game will no doubt be a sell out.
Squirrel Master
AG
This is one of those, "it's a feature, not a bug" things. OP may be annoyed with the impact on his schedule, but for many, holiday games like this are an attraction. Don't worry about ticket resale value, it will be high. Even if it wasn't a Steelers game, but especially since it is.
TyHolden
AG
brotheraggie said:

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE HOUSTON TEXANS!! BY THE TIME THIS GAME IS PLAYED THEY WILL BE 3-11 WITH TOM SAVAGE AT QUARTERBACK. LOL LOL
agreed. not if they pick up the chosen one from tech. maybe 4-10....
dave94
AG
If you live outside the town of the team, isn't it on you having to deal with travel to the game regardless of the date? Don't wanna go, sell the tickets, problem solved.

This is a ridiculous complaint. You're a season ticket holder because you're a big time fan, right?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.