Aaron Hernandez kills again... this time in prison

3,594 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BBQ4Me
TitanAGGIE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-former-nfl-player-found-dead-in-prison-cell-officials-say.html
jokershady
AG
Hung himself....
Corporal Punishment
AG
Fighting back tears
Burnsey
AG
For thread title OP
a07nathanb
AG
Interesting new way for Goodell to suspend players
TitanAGGIE09
AG
He was addicted to killing... which is a tough addiction to live with hanging out in a cell by yourself.
Olsen
AG
Similar to Chris Benoit, Hernandez's name will be forgotten by the NFL and UF Football. Urban Meyer probably regrets recruiting this guy to play for him.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Your move, OJ...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

Your move, OJ...

Rae Carruth begs to differ
Corporal Punishment
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Your move, OJ...

Point taken. Carruth gets paroled next fall. Someone pass him a bed sheet...pronto.
Obi Wan Ginobili

Your move, OJ...

Point taken. Carruth gets paroled next fall. Someone pass him a bed sheet...pronto.

Name checks out.
jr15aggie
AG
From the politics board:

Injury update: Aaron Hernandez (neck) out indefinitely
Goldie Wilson
Well...bye.
bilbobag
I always wonder how you explain this to their children. In this case his daughter. Great football player, turned murderer, to suicide..

Always feel for the children I these cases.
Basketball and Chain
AG
I guess he couldn't wait to get to Hell
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

Your move, OJ...

wtf..u serious clark???

hopefully its just a procedural thing and in reality its one of those "no way he gets parole" deals.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Deadass serious. He was given about 19 years. Time is almost up.
Ag_07
AG
So Caruth is just eligible for parole coming up.

He hasn't been granted parole has he? There's a difference in being eligible and getting paroled.
W
AG
not sure how much regret there actually is in Gainesville over the players that helped the Gators win the 2008 national championship. UF was recruiting outside the rec yard with a stopwatch back then. Something like 30 players arrested. This is the risk a university takes when they recruit and retain bad guys.

similar to Colorado and Carruth. CU was recruiting in a similar manner in the early-to-mid 90's
astros4545
AG
a07nathanb said:

Interesting new way for Goodell to suspend players
Texags is garbage
Is committing suicide a 4 game suspension?
Yell Practice
What a SAD Ending.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Fighting back tears

You're about the only one.
drewbie08
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Fighting back tears

You're about the only one.
I don't think you noticed the emoticon.
MAROON
AG
just read a stupid Facebook post (I know that's redundant) questioning if he had a brain injury from playing football. Apparently it's now the NFL's fault he hung himself.

Iowaggie
AG
MAROON said:

just read a stupid Facebook post (I know that's redundant) questioning if he had a brain injury from playing football. Apparently it's now the NFL's fault he hung himself.

I almost mockingly wrote that CTE and the NFL are to blame, knowing that at some point, people would be bringing it up.
Ag_07
AG
Apparently his lawyers and family are claiming he was murdered. His lawyers are saying they're conducting their own investigation.

Quote:

"The family and legal team is shocked and surprised at the news of Aaron's death," Jose Baez said in a statement, via the Boston Herald. "There were no conversations or correspondence from Aaron to his family or legal team that would have indicated anything like this was possible. Aaron was looking forward to an opportunity for a second chance to prove his innocence. Those who love and care about him are heartbroken and determined to find the truth surrounding his untimely death. We request that authorities conduct a transparent and thorough investigation."

More here
Iowaggie
AG
Also, his suicide may be beneficial to his family.

Since his case is on appeal, it may end up vacating the appeal, and lawyers will ask his conviction be vacated.

And Patriots/NFL may still have to pay his pension and past bonuses (if convictions vacated).

gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Apparently his lawyers and family are claiming he was murdered. His lawyers are saying they're conducting their own investigation.

Quote:

"The family and legal team is shocked and surprised at the news of Aaron's death," Jose Baez said in a statement, via the Boston Herald. "There were no conversations or correspondence from Aaron to his family or legal team that would have indicated anything like this was possible. Aaron was looking forward to an opportunity for a second chance to prove his innocence. Those who love and care about him are heartbroken and determined to find the truth surrounding his untimely death. We request that authorities conduct a transparent and thorough investigation."

More here
I find the timing really odd since he had just been found not guilty for the double murder (still under appeal for the Lloyd murder)
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

I don't think you noticed the emoticon.

Ahhh, I knew you weren't serious. My response was directed at the comment itself (i.e. those who MIGHT say that), not you.

The whole vacating conviction idea is odd. In every area of the law, a judgment or conviction means something -- actually it means a lot. Under this idea it is just assumed that the conviction means nothing. The rate of reversals or new trials on appeal is less than Daytona Beach going dry during spring break. Yet, the statute vacates the conviction.

Appeals are based on the record -- the court record and reporter's record. It is the attorney that finds potential error and makes the argument. The defendant simply hopes for a reversal or a new trial. Having practiced appellate law, I can't think of an instance where the defendant's unavailability would be fatal to an appeal. I guess there could be an example somewhere but not enough to base a statute upon.
DannyDuberstein
AG
NFL isn't bound by a formal conviction to void a contract.

As far as his pension goes, his kid could get some survivor money. I think it's $9k per month for 4 years and $3600 per month after that until age 19. Decent little payday but not what he blew.

I mean the money he blew. He apparently blew a lot of inmates too per his suicide letter.
Doctor51
AG
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-aaron-hernandez-left-suicide-note-prison-boyfriend/
CactusThomas
AG
That's gotta be fake news, right?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CactusThomas said:

That's gotta be fake news, right?
its being reported by a few outlets now so may not be fake . but then again, they could all be feeding from the same bad story/source.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.