Adrian Peterson becomes free agent

3,143 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
Wife is an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBQ4Me
AG
Smart. He's not worth the salary.

He might return to Minn
mike_ags_fan12
Jamaal Charles released
ac04
as expected
Ag_07
AG
AD has way more value than JC
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Both are on the wrong side of 30 and have been injury prone lately...no thanks to either
ac04
peterson looked like **** LY before he got hurt. pretty sure he's done. i'm sure someone will sign him as part of a committee but i don't expect him to ever look dominant again.
Obi Wan Ginobili
If Peterson lands on a team with even a mediocre offensive line/quarterback, he's going to put up 1,200 yards and 8-10 scores.
TyHolden
AG
He'll wind up in New England...watch
Olsen
AG
AP has more value than JC right now. I'm not sure which NFL team will pick up AP.
ac04
neither of them are worth much.

potential landing spots for peterson:

Quote:

1. Minnesota Vikings: Peterson will be searching for a quality organization with ample cap space, a need at running back and a roster ready to contend for a Super Bowl. With a few tweaks to the offensive line, the Vikings are that team, constructed as a ball-control offense with a stingy defense. Peterson released a statement Tuesday, emphasizing that the "door is still open" for a Minnesota return. Once he explores his options, he might just find that the Vikings are offering the best deal.
2. New York Giants: When Peterson speculated about his next destination last month, he listed the Giants, Bucs and Texans. When Big Blue released veteran back Rashad Jennings a couple of weeks later, Peterson continued his public flirtation. Under Ben McAdoo, the Giants are a shotgun-heavy attack with three receivers and no fullback in the base offense. McAdoo would have to take an eraser to his monstrous play-call sheet if Peterson signed. Perhaps it's time to lean on his stout defense and an improved ground attack, making life easier for a declining Eli Manning.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs are not only on Peterson's list of approved teams, but might also be in the market for a workhorse running back. The team could opt to cut ties with Doug Martin after the 2015 Pro Bowler landed in the league's suspension protocol with a late-season drug issue. Unlike New York, Tampa Bay wouldn't have to overhaul the offensive philosophy to feature Peterson as the lead runner.

(cont'd)
Sooner Born
Ag_07 said:

A little bit of hard hitting analysis..

AD
Strengths
  • One of the greatest backs of all time
  • Set a record coming off previous injury
  • Extremely driven and motivated to break records
  • Unstoppable if he has a decent line/QB

• Weaknesses
  • Can't catch or block that well
  • Old
  • Injury Prone

• JC
    Strengths
  • Son of God
  • Grants one way tickets to heaven
  • Miracle worker
  • Once resurrected himself

• Weaknesses
  • Already ascended back to heaven
  • Can't hit a curve ball

• Tough choice in my book.

MelvinUdall
    Charles will be interesting to watch, on one hand you have a guy that has averaged 5.5 ypc, best in the modern era, on the other hand he has been injury prone. A team will give him a shot, but my guess is will be very team friendly with a chance to get more if he plays in a lot of games and produces.

Peterson will get a couple of year deal probably 2 years $6 million with most guaranteed on a contender, Patriots, Cowboys, maybe Seattle??? Just my initial thoughts.
    CrottyKid
    AG
    Charles could be dangerous in an offense with a lot of passes to backs.
    W
    AG
    in his 10 years in Minnesota, AD (and the Vikings) played in a total of 5 playoff games. Posted a 1-4 record.

that's a cautionary tale for the team planning to take Fournette in the top 10. You don't build around RB's anymore. It's QB's & WR's and an o-line that can pass protect
    BMX Bandit
    Based on his combine so far, no ones going to do that

Edit: Then after I post he rips off 4.51 at 240 lbs
    ce1994
    AG
    Adrian Peterson is at the combine?

You meant Fournette
    mts6175
    AG
    JC would be a good 2nd option behind Elliott.....
    _lefraud_
    AG
    Good Aggie Hunting said:

AD has more value than JC right now. I'm not sure which NFL team will pick up AD.

FIFY
    91AggieLawyer
    AG
    Quote:

Can't hit a curve ball

In fairness, that assertion was never fully made. The clarifying question was asked but not answered.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.