Is Cheating OK as Long as You Win?

5,000 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by M.C. Swag
JDL 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How can people be calling Brady the GOAT, and completly ignoring his cheating? And Bilickeck stealing plays? The Patriots are DIRTY.
Sea Gull
AG
It's amazing how many people choose to ignore these facts.
aTm2004
AG
What facts? The fact that they got caught? You're either blind or choose to ignore the fact that all teams bend the rules to get an advantage. You probably think A&M runs a clean program as well.

Aikman on JJ and the Cowboys:

Quote:

Aikman: My guess is the players within the Patriots organization were not aware of the taping of the signals, I don't know that they actually showed the players the videos. My guess is the coaches looked at it, and they just had the information. And I say that because Jimmy Johnson is a Bill Belichick apologist. They're good friends; Belichick goes to the Florida Keys and fishes with Jimmy on his boat. So he's very defensive of the practices in New England, and he says that we filmed signals when he was coaching in Dallas. That was the first that I'd heard about it maybe we did, but we stopped because he didn't feel like there was any information that was being gained from it.
Bunk Moreland
As a NASCAR fan, where the pushing of the rules is a way of life, I more subscribe to the idea that you can push the limits, and that's fine...but if you get caught, then expect a severe penalty and own the **** up to it.
Cappo
AG
Once a cheater, always a cheater. Period.

Brady is great, but he isn't the GOAT. He and his coach literally got caught cheating on multiple occasions. AND Josh McDaniels got caught cheating when he was Denver head coach AFTER spygate.
PooDoo
AG
How did Brady cheat?
BBQ4Me
AG
I'm curious why people still believe the balls were deflated.
Science has PROVEN that the amount of deflation was due to the atmospheric conditions. You can speculate about the texts and the gifting of apparel (many players give employees apparel), but that doesn't change the fact that the balls weren't artificially deflated.

Really, it's that simple. You could even see that Brady's stats are better since the IND 1st half (2nd half, SB 49, past two seasons). To me it's mind blowing that anyone with a basic sense of logic thinks the balls were deflated.
The D
AG
ALOT of butt hurt in here.
BMX Bandit
UMichAg said:

Science has PROVEN that the amount of deflation was due to the atmospheric conditions. You can speculate about the texts and the gifting of apparel (many players give employees apparel), but that doesn't change the fact that the balls weren't artificially deflated.

Really, it's that simple. You could even see that Brady's stats are better since the IND 1st half (2nd half, SB 49, past two seasons). To me it's mind blowing that anyone with a basic sense of logic thinks the balls were deflated.
Science has not proven that. But I like that you keep carrying that banner.

To the OP: Brady is the best QB ever that for some reason thought he'd get an advantage by deflating footballs, but no evidence it actually physically did anything to help him. He then got caught in a power struggle between union and league that resulted in a very unfair punishment for the offense committed.

But it really didn't matter, because he showed this season why he's the greatest.
BBQ4Me
AG
My bad. I forgot you are smarter than these lowly PhDs.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/04/tom-brady-deflategate-ideal-gas-law

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5745fb9ce4b0dacf7ad3c55d

https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/201503/fumbles.cfm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/1-year-after-deflate-gate-ballooned--science-shows-shame-of-it-all-073316233.html?client=safari
BMX Bandit
other PhDs have said the opposite.

(But you already knew that)

And never got an answer on what The Deflator is up to these days. How is he? weight loss going good?
BBQ4Me
AG
And if you read those articles, you'd see that those few scientists who said the opposite were doing the calculations incorrectly.

I love how you think a nickname carries more weight than science.
8T2
I'll concede that Brady is not the GOAT. Now, let's see who the OP thinks IS the GOAT, and further, prove that his candidate never cheated.

I'll wait for your post.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

You can't be serious.
TyHolden
AG
of course not [/saban]
Cappo
AG
8T2 said:

I'll concede that Brady is not the GOAT. Now, let's see who the OP thinks IS the GOAT, and further, prove that his candidate never cheated.

I'll wait for your post.
QB? Gotta be Joe Montana IMO

Brady will forever and EVER have that *asterisk next to his name. He was legitimately caught cheating.
Not only that, but his coach was caught cheating. Then his OC McDaniels is hired to be Denver's head coach and HE is caught cheating. Then comes BACK to the Patriots where they get caught cheating.

Hmmm
Sooner Born
demack06 said:

QB? Gotta be Joe Montana IMO

Brady will forever and EVER have that *asterisk next to his name. He was legitimately caught cheating.
Not only that, but his coach was caught cheating. Then his OC McDaniels is hired to be Denver's head coach and HE is caught cheating. Then comes BACK to the Patriots where they get caught cheating.

Hmmm

Quote:

Over the summer, Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana admitted that his Super Bowl-winning 49ers teams were known to skirt the rules, and this week he reiterated that stance, saying that cheating is part of the game -- and that includes the Belichick-Brady era Patriots.

"They always say, 'If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying,'" Montana told NFL Network's Andrew Sicliano. "So they're trying hard."
"Are [the Patriots] cheating hard or trying hard?" Siciliano asked.
"Could be both," said Montana.

Siciliano then asked how difficult it is to know the line between gamesmanship and cheating.
"Well, they have this thing called the rulebook," Montana said, smiling. "When you step outside the rule book, you're fudging it a little bit."

Hmmm
Cappo
AG
Fine you can say it isn't Joe if you must. But he never got caught. And "skirting some rules" can be a plethora of things.
Don't call Joe the GOAT, but don't call Brady it either under that logic. The point of my post was mainly say it can't be Brady.

Joe didn't have 2 Superbowls handed to him on a silver platter though either by some of the dumbest play calling/decision making known to NFL fans far and wide.
Sparkie
AG
demack06 said:

Fine you can say it isn't Joe if you must. But he never got caught. And "skirting some rules" can be a plethora of things.
Don't call Joe the GOAT, but don't call Brady it either under that logic. The point of my post was mainly say it can't be Brady.

Joe didn't have 2 Superbowls handed to him on a silver platter though either by some of the dumbest play calling/decision making known to NFL fans far and wide.
Jerry Rice admitted to cheating for his years in the NFL. To be fair, you shouldn't count any passes to Jerry since he was breaking the rules to make catching passes easier.
Sparkie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

other PhDs have said the opposite.

(But you already knew that)

And never got an answer on what The Deflator is up to these days. How is he? weight loss going good?

How many declaring the opposite are profs at MIT?
Cappo
AG
Sparkie said:

demack06 said:

Jerry Rice admitted to cheating for his years in the NFL. To be fair, you shouldn't count any passes to Jerry since he was breaking the rules to make catching passes easier.
lol that isn't a ridiculous comment or anything.
Sooner Born
Sparkie said:

demack06 said:

So you're saying Joe should definitely have an asterisk next to Super Bowl XXIII where the 49ers beat the Bengals by 4 but Jerry the cheater and unfair advantage had two receiving touchdowns?
PatriotAg02
AG
JDL 96 said:

How can people be calling Brady the GOAT, and completly ignoring his cheating? And Bilickeck stealing plays? The Patriots are DIRTY.

bilbobag
How come the NFL didn't punish the Steeelers this year for deflating balls?
pasquale
AG
The booing when Goodell took the mic sounded loud on tv. Would have been perfect after the booing the crowd broke into Brady chants
Cromagnum
AG
Who cheats to lose?
jokershady
AG
Cromagnum said:

Who cheats to lose?
Joe Exotic
AG
Brady's biggest advantage isn't deflated balls, it's that he plays in a league that doesn't allow the QB to be hit, OL can tackle defenders, and pass interference is called constantly. QB's in the past didn't have those luxuries.
Sooner Born
So how is that Brady's biggest advantage? Those rules apply throughout the league. Those aren't Patriots only rules.
Sparkie
AG
demack06 said:

Sparkie said:

demack06 said:

lol that isn't a ridiculous comment or anything.
That's the point (sarcasam) - sounds just as ******ed as those claiming the balls had anything to with the Brayds record.
Sparkie
AG
Sooner Born said:

Sparkie said:

demack06 said:

So you're saying Joe should definitely have an asterisk next to Super Bowl XXIII where the 49ers beat the Bengals by 4 but Jerry the cheater and unfair advantage had two receiving touchdowns?
Are you really that ignorant or just trolling like I did?

Jerry had 215 yards and won MVP for that game.
Sooner Born
Apparently I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough...
bilbobag
Some players feel WR shouldn't be able to wear gloves..
Sparkie
AG
With Dungy admitting the Colts stole signals like the Patriots, how does it change Manning and his accomplishments?
W
AG
former MLB manager Leo Durocher said it best:

"nice guys finish last"
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.