John Lunch named as GM of 49ers

1,434 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 752bro4
Shooz in Katy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
6 yr contract coincides with Shanahan's 6 yr contract.

Two of the four candidates removed THEMSELVES from consideration.

That tells you at least two guys didn't want any part of of a 49ers gig. Kaepernick issues? One has to assume so right?

What a toxic organization to walk into. One would assume the first order of business is to remove Kaepernick from the roster right? We'll see.
Olsen
AG
Weird hire since I didn't see this coming but I hope Lynch succeeds.
BBQ4Me
AG
You can get rid of Kap; you can't get rid of the owner. That's more likely why candidates pulled out
BMX Bandit
I don't see why Kaepernick would be a reason to not go there. Rumors are he's opting out of his last year. And he can be cut with a ton of cap savings if he doesn't
94chem
Kap is good at the kneel down. Problem is the 49ers are never in victory formation.
diehard03
Quote:

That tells you at least two guys didn't want any part of of a 49ers gig. Kaepernick issues? One has to assume so right?

I think it says more about the leagues feelings about Jed York, or trying to lead a team without a QB. I don't think Kaep's protest has anything to do with it.
TyHolden
AG
kap could be the texans starter next season...
ac04
trying hard to think of a former player whose name sounds like breakfast or dinner but i got nothing.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DSAg44 said:

kap could be the texans starter next season...
don't see a relatively conservative organization making a move like taking him on. but then again, who knows maybe its possible.
BMX Bandit
He's as likely to be the starting quarterback for the Texans as Dak Prescott is
W
AG
the 49ers' job looks attractive because the NFC West looks winnable.

the Rams are a trainwreck. The Cardinals are getting old and both Fitz and Palmer may hang 'em up.

and that leaves Seattle with an aging defense and poor o-line
752bro4
AG
ac04 said:

trying hard to think of a former player whose name sounds like breakfast or dinner but i got nothing.
Denard Robinson?
Cris Dishman?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.