Repeat league champion etiquette/rules input

1,992 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
FabricatorAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm really not trying to come across as a dewsh to the guys in my league. Here's the story.. (the issue is posted below if you're not interested in the story.)

two years ago we had our draft party at my house, I couldn't get logged into my espn account so I auto drafted. Right before trade deadline I traded Emmanuel Sanders, Barnidge, and Duke Johnson for OBJ, and I had Antonio Brown already.

It's a WR driven 12 man ppr League. I won the ship and the boos ensued. So this year if you auto drafted you forfitted the money. 100.00 a head. Trades also could get torpedoed by other league members via veto. I think it was a swipe at me.

So I did my draft homework. Drafted a squad. Made less than 15 waiver moves, acquiring Thomas Rawls, Sammy Watkins, Mike Wallace, and Christine Michael via waivers. I won the ship and scoring title.

Here's the issue. I'm a 2X champ after they made rules after my 1st ship. Out of a 1200 pot I only won 600 and second got 400 and third got 200. I think they shafted me. Am I being an *******? I think first should be getting no less than 899.
Ags #1
AG
Prize money should be worked at before the season started. Who da faq get penalized for an auto draft??
misterguinness
AG
Sounds like you agreed to the winnings beforehand....dewshiness level strong
BMX Bandit
serve better food at your draft party next time. very clear this is retaliation.
Ag_07
AG
So let me get this straight...You get punished for auto draft and you don't have winnings settled out beforehand?

Sounds like a shltty league.
ac04
amazing story except for the part where the entire league is doing everything wrong.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yep, sounds like a league full of pvssy whiners to me. I'd find a better league.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Seriously not to pile on but why is there a penalty to auto draft? I mean i understand penalties for things like waiving your entire team when your mathematically eliminated just to be a deek (someone did that last yr in one of my leagues) but sometimes people have ish goin on and cant sit at a computer to draft. If someone has especially paid the league dues and all else and records are equal they should get the benefit of the doubt imo.
FabricatorAg
Ag_07 said:

So let me get this straight...You get punished for auto draft and you don't have winnings settled out beforehand?

Precisely. The commish was so upset that I had an "advantage" due to autodraft and my trade I made. Last year it was 800, so I didn't ask I figured it was 800.
MooreTrucker
AG
MichaelJ90 said:

Ag_07 said:

Precisely. The commish was so upset that I had an "advantage" due to autodraft and my trade I made. Last year it was 800, so I didn't ask I figured it was 800.
Literally NO ONE I've ever heard of thinks that autodraft is an "advantage". And I figure everyone else had the access/opportunity to make the same trade that you did, right?

Buncha little *****es.
FabricatorAg
MooreTrucker said:

MichaelJ90 said:

Ag_07 said:

Literally NO ONE I've ever heard of thinks that autodraft is an "advantage". And I figure everyone else had the access/opportunity to make the same trade that you did, right?

Buncha little *****es.

I agree. This year I went into the draft pissed and did my homework. I drafted a squad and sent no trades and made less than 15 waiver moves all year.

QB- Drew Brees
RB1- David Johnson (1st pick)
RB2- Thomas Rawls (Waivers)
WR1- TY Hilton
WR2- Stefan Diggs
TE- CJ Fedorowicz
Flex- Mark Ingram
K - Matt Bryant
Def.- Minnesota

Bench:

Tyrod Taylor
Sammy Watkins (Waivers)
Mike Wallace (Waivers)
Dion Lewis (Waivers)
Christine Michael (Waivers)
Allen Robinson

My waiver picks ups are what won the league for me. Once I slaughtered my first opponent in the playoffs the group text went silent. It felt good to know it wasn't a fluke.
Ag_07
AG
Seeing that that team won this year and an auto draft team won last I've concluded that you play with the worst FF players ever.

I'll gladly take your spot if you chose to bail next year.
FabricatorAg
Ag_07 said:

Seeing that that team won this year and an auto draft team won last I've concluded that you play with the worst FF players ever.

Make the fantasy jokes you want about autodraft, but my team that I won with this year was by and large the best team in the league, and I can't help who the other guys draft. Especially when David Johnson and TY Hilton were top of the scoring rankings for their positions.
AggieTFA06
AG
I too won a league by autodrafting. Fortunately, I was autodrafted Antonio Brown.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Goldie Wilson
Stop saying ship
ATM9000
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't get the stigma of autodraft being a disadvantage. I never do it because I view the draft as sort of opening presents on Christmas and I'm a bit of a control freak and I like beer and bar food, but autodraft is literally taking the consensus rankings everyone is using to place their player values on more or less and picking for you. Sure it might pick a defense and a kicker a bit early, but the draft is such a non factor so long as you follow the same consensus everyone else is when you factor in lineup management, in season moves, injuries, draft busts, general luck of matchup draw, etc. I'd wager if you regressed draft 'success' per football guys rate my team app against actual fantasy results, the relationship would be shockingly low
MooreTrucker
AG
I had my autodraft rankings all set because I thought I was going to be out of town for the draft, but things changed and I drafted after all. The thing is, I followed my autodraft rankings exactly so the only difference is that I clicked on the player to draft instead of the computer doing it. I would have had the exact same team either way.

And I won my league, too.
Iowaggie
AG
I don't see how auto drafting can be an advantage when literally everyone in the league has access to that same option....and that is the correct meaning of literally, not hyperbole.

If I'm not mistaken, unless you have a player stashed in the auto draft stash, whatever it is called, when it is your turn to draft, ESPN highlights their recommendation or who you would get in an auto draft.

JayAggie
AG
If there's nothing spelled out you shouldn't be punished for auto draft, but if it's not spelled out you leave yourself open for something like this. Our buy in and prize is similar to your league. We spread the money out to keep people interested, but ours is clearly spelled out. Not to bash, but that's really stupid playing for money and not having rules written out.

Honestly your league sounds like crap. Get out and find another league.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We do a 50/30/20 split in fantasy as well as our college pickem league (both are $100 buy-ins). That kind of split is roughly what you've described. Net after the buy-in, it's $500, $300, and $100 which doesn't seem out of line. To get the 1st up to an $800 payout ($700 net), you'd basically gut 2nd and 3rd down to garbage or nothing after netting the buyin. We like keeping some incentive for those spots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.