What could the Cowboys get foe Dak right now?

3,340 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Frok
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there is near zero chance they even consider it. But just imagine what kind of offers they could garner... and what would it take to make Jerry think about it.

Cleveland's 2 1sts this year plus another first next? Seriously, is there any precedence at all for a deal like that? Dak would be worth more than Hercshal was.
Buck Compton
AG
Ag Natural said:

I know there is near zero chance they even consider it. But just imagine what kind of offers they could garner... and what would it take to make Jerry think about it.

Cleveland's 2 1sts this year plus another first next? Seriously, is there any precedence at all for a deal like that? Dak would be worth more than Hercshal was.
Put down the bourbon, bud...
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I could see them getting a late first or early second for Dak. Would be stupid to trade him now.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Dak isn't among the top 10. Less valuable than Jamies, Marietta or Carr.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
They'd get 2 1s at least imo.
Buck Compton
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Ag Natural
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Dak isn't among the top 10. Less valuable than Jamies, Marietta or Carr.
I would take Dak over Jamies and Mariotta for sure. This kid showed more in his first season than any of those guys did in theirs (including Carr).
MooreTrucker
AG
What they would get is a lot of laughing and fingerpointing for making the dumbest trade in history.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Buck Compton said:

Not sure what you think is so funny. You dont think there is a team or 2 out there that would give up at least a first and maybe even 2 of those for him? Hes at a very high value right now. Is your thought that hes only worth a mid round pick?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Dp
Confucius
Ag Natural said:

Hershel was at the tail end of his career and Dak's just starting. Plus, you are getting great cap room space by having a starting QB get 4th round money for 3 more years. Any trade that doesn't make the defense become the 85 Bears is not worth it.
Ag Natural
AG
Confucius said:

Ag Natural said:

Hershel was at the tail end of his career and Dak's just starting. Plus, you are getting great cap room space by having a starting QB get 4th round money for 3 more years. Any trade that doesn't make the defense become the 85 Bears is not worth it.

I agree. But it would be cool to know what teams would offer. We keep talking about Romo getting traded. It is crazy but not impossible to think the Cowboys know they have Romo for 3 years locked in. Turning a 4th round picK into a haul of great picks isn't unrealistic. Dak was THAT good this year.

ac04
dak would absolutely garner two 1sts. no question.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Amazing how delusional the cow fans are. 2 first rounders for Dak? I suppose Rodgers would be worth about 8 first round picks then?

Dak had a nice year but he isn't among the best.
ATM9000
AG
Dak just came off a rookie season, started all season and threw 4 total picks. He's on a cheap contract and is super young... 2 1st rounders isn't delusional.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Dak would absolutely get two firsts. Hell, teams trade two firsts to just move up in the first round to draft an unproven player. It's ridiculous to say he wouldn't get two firsts.

He's obviously not as good as Rodgers, but his salary is literally like 2% of what Rodgers makes so the team getting him would have plenty of money to spend on other players.
ATM9000
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Dak would absolutely get two firsts. Hell, teams trade two firsts to just move up in the first round to draft an unproven player. It's ridiculous to say he wouldn't get two firsts.

He's obviously not as good as Rodgers, but his salary is literally like 2% of what Rodgers makes so the team getting him would have plenty of money to spend on other players.
The salary piece is such a big deal... Dak is basically the exact situation Seattle had when Russell Wilson came into the league where they were flush with cap money to spend to either extend their good players or bring in other good players to surround Wilson with.
ac04
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Amazing how delusional the cow fans are. 2 first rounders for Dak? I suppose Rodgers would be worth about 8 first round picks then?

he just had one of the best rookie seasons of all time. i think perhaps you're the one who doesn't get it.
Jimmy Conway
I am a fan of both the Texans and Cowboys and I can pretty much guarantee you that if the Cowboys called up the Texans tonight and said "we will send you Dak Prescott for your 2017 and 2018 #1s" the Texans would pull the trigger in a heart beat.
BBQ4Me
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

I am a fan of both the Texans and Cowboys and I can pretty much guarantee you that if the Cowboys called up the Texans tonight and said "we will send you Dak Prescott for your 2017 and 2018 #1s" the Texans would pull the trigger in a heart beat.

Agreed, especially because they would likely end up being late 1st round picks
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

BassCowboy33
Confucius said:

Ag Natural said:

Didn't Herschel play until the mid 90's? I'm pretty sure he led the league in rushing the previous season as well. He'd have over 1,000 yds of total offense each of the next 4-5 seasons as well. Not what I'd call the "end of the career".
Rex Racer
AG
Confucius said:

Ag Natural said:

Hershel played 9 seasons after the infamous trade. He was not at the tail end of his career.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Hershal was NOT at the tail end of his career, however, he wasn't worth near what Minnesota gave up for him. It was a robbery of the first degree that both the Vikings brass AND their fans were salivating over. The thing was that the Vikings thought they were robbing the Cowboys!

Only later when it didn't work out well for them did the finger pointing begin. The Cowboys made a great deal, however, the players/picks they got fit in their scheme about as well as it has for any trade in sports history. It was almost like dumping a ton of bricks from 100 feet above the ground and ending up with a perfectly built house.
Ag Natural
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

I gaurantee you there are a couple teams that would make an offer for Rodgers that would be borderline insane if he were available. The QB position is THAT important and THAT hard to find. I don't ever remember a trade of a proven star quarterback... ever. That's why nobody can say for sure what the Cowboys could get for Romo. There literally is no precedence. Sam Bradford and Carson Palmer are the closest and neither is near the QB Romo is.
Ryan34
AG
We've seen what teams are willing to give up for unproven QB prospects in the draft. Who knows what the market price for a proven NFL QB would be, particularly one on an ultra cheap rookie contract with 3 years left.
dog
AG
ac04 said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

he just had one of the best rookie seasons of all time. i think perhaps you're the one who doesn't get it.
Dak had the highest rookie qb rating .......E V E R, & LB79 said he had a nice year. Football is obviously not your game.
dog
AG

Jimmy Conway said:

Probably in a half a heart beat.
ac04
nvm, think i just realized the comment was directed at LB79
Frok
AG
No Patriot or Bronco connection. Texans wouldn't be interested.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.