*** Thank you 2016 Cowboys ***

3 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag12thman
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I listened to NFL sports talk more this year than any other. I was sold on this team and I thoroughly enjoyed watching every game this year. The outcome was not what we wanted, but we ran into a buzz saw that literally made every inch count... it was unbelievable, it was improbable... it happens.

The future is bright and I cannot wait to see what we do going forward. The trolls and haters in the other thread are just proof that the Dallas Cowboys are indeed America's Team and we are back!!! Thanks for the great season, now let's keep this thing going!!!!
BenFiasco14
AG
Bright future for americas team
Grapesoda2525
Please don't post this crap right now.

Anytime the #1 seed fails to win a single playoff game, the season is a major disappointment.
Olsen
AG
Finish The Fight.... oops
TJJackson
grapespda2525 said:

Anytime the #1 seed fails to win a single playoff game, the season is a major disappointment.

If you let a pro team affect you for more than 30 minutes after an unfavorable outcome, you need to reevaluate your priorities.
PatAg
AG
leakypipes said:

grapespda2525 said:

If you let a pro team affect you for more than 30 minutes after an unfavorable outcome, you need to reevaluate your priorities.
Spoken like someone who didn't grow up near a city with a sports team(or not a good one)
TJJackson
Does the outcome suck? Yes it does.
Will I have to hear about it from the cowboy haters tomorrow at work? You bet.

I am excited to see what this team does going forward, especially when the boys get some defensive help.
Grapesoda2525
Thanks for the personal attack

Now is not the time to be upbeat.
Mateo84
AG
After many years of disappointment related to sports, it still sucks when my team loses, but at least it doesn't really affect my life. I truly am starting to not care any longer.
TJJackson
I've been a Cowboys and Aggie fan for 31 years, I've gotten used to disappointment.

I just can't let this affect me long term. It wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't change the outcome. So why dwell on it and be mad or upset for a long period of time?
TJJackson
Personal attack? Can you point it out for me?
PatAg
AG
leakypipes said:

I've been a Cowboys and Aggie fan for 31 years, I've gotten used to disappointment.

I just can't let this affect me long term. It wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't change the outcome. So why dwell on it and be mad or upset for a long period of time?
Not sure you can call yourself a fan if it doesn't bother you for "more than 30 minutes". If the game actually has no impact at all on you, then you don't care about it. That's how caring works.
PatAg
AG
leakypipes said:

Personal attack? Can you point it out for me?
Probably the part where you implied there is something wrong with him and he should reevaluate his life.
TJJackson
The losses used to affect me for days. I've just become numb. I have many things that are more important than dwelling on a loss for a long period of time.

I'm sorry I'm not over here beating a pot with yall.
BeastmodeAg
aggiebrad94
AG
This was a very successful year. If you think otherwise, you are shortsighted. You must have forgotten how lost the season was after Romo went down and we had to go with a 4th round pick at QB.You must have forgotten how bad our defense was and not up to championship levels. This was a fun year because we far exceeded expectations - even if Romo had never gone down.
Aggie_Jeff
Great year. No way this year was a failure because they got beat by a team or a QB playing at a different level right now. Looking forward to the future.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Tough but the future is very bright
Say Chowdah
AG
DD, I was looking forward to a rematch bet.
Jeff99
This team has hit its ceiling with Garrett. They have come light years in roster management, but the head coach is a moron.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have consistent issues with Garrett around game management, but in general, I think he's ok and they can go further with him. They've got to invest in the D in the draft and FA. What they bandaided together this year was ridiculous.
Aggie_Jeff
Jeff99 said:

This team has hit its ceiling with Garrett. They have come light years in roster management, but the head coach is a moron.
Garrett is not Landry but I think he did a great job this year. Maybe he's turned a corner but these Cowboys will go further the next few years.
Ag12thman
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

Jeff99 said:

Garrett is not Landry but I think he did a great job this year. Maybe he's turned a corner but these Cowboys will go further the next few years.
* Barring injury. Remember, they went through this season relatively healthy and were very healthy (compared to even the Packers and other NFL squads) going into this game and the playoffs in general. They have a bright future, but also have some aging players and key players that are prone to injury.
Aggie_Jeff
Ag12thman said:

Aggie_Jeff said:

Jeff99 said:

* Barring injury. Remember, they went through this season relatively healthy and were very healthy (compared to even the Packers and other NFL squads) going into this game and the playoffs in general. They have a bright future, but also have some aging players and key players that are prone to injury.
Of course barring a rash of injuries, nothing is guaranteed but the future is bright. I like their chances
Ag12thman
AG
Definitely. They are solid on O, but need a lot of work on D -- especially pass-rush and DB.
LCE
AG
Not much O and D sucks ass Cowgirls still the same
ApachePilot
AG
In the last 20 years the cowboys are 2-8 in the playoffs. They just got beat at home as the 1 seed! Next year the cowboys will come crashing back to earth and will be forced to dream of the good old days when most the current players were in preschool

CrazyDayDuck
Ag12thman said:

Definitely. They are solid on O, but need a lot of work on D -- especially pass-rush and DB.

D is mediocre at best. Pass rush is horrendous. The potheads really hurt the D.

And, like we said in the other thread, give the play calling to the QB already. Garrett and Linehan are god awful at calling plays.
Ag12thman
AG
Preach brother. Preach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.