So...the Cowboys and Texans both made it to the divisional playoffs and...

4,069 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Aggie_Jeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

And who would the Texans be? Tech?
About right. Please somebody pay some attention to us!!!!

Nobody cares outside the 713 area code. I'd hate us too
Frok
AG
How many posts will it take to prove you don't care?
Aggie_Jeff
Phat32
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I've said this before but it stands repeating. I grew up in DFW and of course cheer for all those teams. When I was young I also liked to see Houston teams do well. When I got to college the vitriol of Houstonians changed that. Those teams could all go bankrupt and disappear and it is too good of an outcome than most of their fans deserve

This. I had no idea as a Dallasite that there was so much hate flowing up from the south. Houston kids used to throw parties to celebrate a Dallas loss at school.
Joe Exotic
AG
Ryan34 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

And who would the Texans be? Tech?

A&M obviously.

Nah, A&M has managed to win a few conference championships.
Frok
AG
No they haven't. Aggies have won zero conference championships since the Texans have been around.
Joe Exotic
AG
Arbitrary time qualifiers
Aggie_Jeff
Frok said:

No they haven't. Aggies have won zero conference championships since the Texans have been around.
so time began when the Texans came into play? The hate certainly didn't. That's probably been around since SB VI
Frok
AG
Hate? I'm just bantering with you. Come on man.

We are talking Texans so it seemed reasonable. But hey, we won the conference 18 years ago, yippee.

My Texans and Aggie Fandom have been pretty similar. Oilers were much the same before that. So the comparison is right on.

AgsMyDude
AG
Tone2002 said:

Texans fan obsession with the Cowboys is strange. Wth???

Yes, because it only goes one way

https://texags.com/forums/23/topics/2824707
CrazyDayDuck
rasher said:

AgBQ-00 said:

I've said this before but it stands repeating. I grew up in DFW and of course cheer for all those teams. When I was young I also liked to see Houston teams do well. When I got to college the vitriol of Houstonians changed that. Those teams could all go bankrupt and disappear and it is too good of an outcome than most of their fans deserve

This. I had no idea as a Dallasite that there was so much hate flowing up from the south. Houston kids used to throw parties to celebrate a Dallas loss at school.

Yeah, I didn't get that either.

I liked the Houston teams and the Spurs until I went to A&M. Now I am indifferent to them.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
aTm2004 said:

WWC2001 said:

aTm2004 said:

WWC2001 said:

The fact that Houston Texans fans think that Dallas is their rival is a head scratcher. They are not even in the same Conference.

It's like the sips saying something about the Ags after a loss. Change the direction of the conversation. Cowboys fans are what make them losing so great. They feel so entitled, but haven't done **** in 20 years.

Still doesn't change the fact that Dallas has a franchise quarterback and a balanced offensive attack, and the Texans have Brock Osweiller with a huge contract and a terrible offensive line. Who has a better future?

You mean a huge contract they can get out of after next season? How's that Romo contract going?

Okay. Dak is under a rookie contract. How's Brock's?
W
AG
ultimately the main issue for both franchises...is the quality of QB's in their respective conferences that will cause playoff roadblocks going forward.

the opposing QB situation in the AFC appears more friendly. There is Brady (age 40) and Big Ben (age 35). And then maybe Luck will return to all-pro status or Carr will be an every season all-pro going forward. I would consider Rivers on the downhill side of his career now.

over in the NFC however...Rodgers (age 33) and Matt Ryan (age 32) have a lot of prime years left. As do Cam (age 28) and Wilson (age 28) both still under 30. Similarly I wound consider Eli and Brees on the downhill side
snowdog90
It's a shame we can't somehow join the Texans defense with Cowboys offense and just dominate the league as the Texas Texan Cowboys. I'd get on that bandwagon.
Ag12thman
AG
Does Romo wind up a Texan????
aTm2004
AG
WWC2001 said:

aTm2004 said:

WWC2001 said:

aTm2004 said:

WWC2001 said:

The fact that Houston Texans fans think that Dallas is their rival is a head scratcher. They are not even in the same Conference.

It's like the sips saying something about the Ags after a loss. Change the direction of the conversation. Cowboys fans are what make them losing so great. They feel so entitled, but haven't done **** in 20 years.

Still doesn't change the fact that Dallas has a franchise quarterback and a balanced offensive attack, and the Texans have Brock Osweiller with a huge contract and a terrible offensive line. Who has a better future?

You mean a huge contract they can get out of after next season? How's that Romo contract going?

Okay. Dak is under a rookie contract. How's Brock's?
I guess you're trying to say that they got great play at almost nothing financially. Yeah, I'll admit that. It doesn't change the fact that both teams are paying a ton for a QB that's crap or can't stay healthy.
Frok
AG
I wish Brock was stuck on the bench behind a good young QB. Unfortunately we will probably trot that loser out there again next year.
aTm2004
AG
The Texans took a gamble on Brock and it doesn't look to have paid off. They tried something, which was better than trotting out Hoyer or some other scrub this season.
byfLuger41
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

I never understood why Houston has so much animosity toward Dallas. Dallas could care less about Houston so I'm guessing that maybe part of it but the Texans have a solid team. Of course they are missing an important piece but if they find it then they can win it all with their defense.

Now as a Cowboy fan, I'm very happy with their future. We did fall ass backwards into Dak but sometimes you need a little luck plus keeping Jerry more and more out of being the final decision maker in the draft room. Not there yet though.

Houston?

Try the entire Union.
94chem
Quote:

They should have ran Zeke more
English - learn it.
JJxvi
AG
Houston doesn't really hate the Dallas Cowboys or the typical fan. Mostly irrelevant these days except as a generic city rivalry. I think most people here hated the typical jackass in the mid 90s that had never been out of Houston in his life but talked trash about his Cowboys. That guy hasnt been really insufferable in decades.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ag12thman said:

Does Romo wind up a Texan????

Not in 2017 unless Bob McNair wins some "crimes against the elderly" case and convinces a judge that he was duped by Osweiler into the $17 million he guaranteed to pay him next year
topgun23
As a texan fan who was born and raised in Corpus Christi, I don't have the same type of hate towards the cowboys like my houstonian comrades do. That being said, I really enjoyed watching the game with some cowboy fans last night.
CactusThomas
AG
Texan fans had a minor setback on Saturday but a major comeback on Sunday!
Forum Troll
AG
Houstonians generally have a disdain for the Cowboys because our city is full of obnoxious T-shirt mexican Cowboy fans. Think sip tshirt fan only worse.

Oh and they call into our radio shows.
dave94
AG
Forum Troll said:

Houstonians generally have a disdain for the Cowboys because our city is full of obnoxious T-shirt mexican Cowboy fans. Think sip tshirt fan only worse.
Houston Lee
AG
Born and raised in Houston and grew up a fan of all the Houston teams. Add in being an Aggie and I have only a handful of championships to celebrate

It's hard being an Aggie and a Houstonian sports fan

NFL - zero SuperBowl appearances
MLB- One World Series appearance
NBA - 2 championships in 95 and 96

Throw in a couple of three championships for WNBA Comets and maybe some Houston Areos stuff. But that's it

Texas A&M
All I got is Women's Basketball National Champions a few years ago.Softball. A bunch of Track and Field and some Golf. Equestrian too. No football, baseball or Men's hoops championships

It's rough.
AgPediRPh
AG
Forum Troll said:

Oh and they call into our radio shows.
Sure sounds like the texan fans are the obnoxious ones. Then again, your name IS Forum Troll
TyHolden
AG
One of these teams has a future...one is in cap hell and still needs a qb...
Ryan34
AG
DSAg44 said:

One of these teams has a future...one is in cap hell still needs a qb...

The Texans are in a MUCH better cap situation than Dallas. Overthecap projects Dallas as $6.17M over the cap, which is worst in the league by $6M. Cutting Romo only saves $5.1M. So they have a lot of work to do.
TyHolden
AG
Ryan34 said:

DSAg44 said:

The Texans are in a MUCH better cap situation than Dallas. Overthecap projects Dallas as $6.17M over the cap, which is worst in the league by $6M. Cutting Romo only saves $5.1M. So they have a lot of work to do.
how much is tied up in your starting backup wb?
Ryan34
AG
DSAg44 said:

Ryan34 said:

DSAg44 said:

how much is tied up in your starting backup wb?

Less than Dallas'.
AgsMyDude
AG
Houston has over $25 mil in cap space, far from "cap hell". The terms of Osweiler's contract actually workout well. He got too much cash but can be cut after next year with very little impact on the cap.
TyHolden
AG
Yeah, didn't realize terms of his contract. Give romo 20 mill and Texans are instant "actual" contenders. I bet he goes to Denver and you guys wind up with cousins or tebow though.
BMX Bandit
Texans playing this weekend if they had Cousins at QB all year
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.